Beware the N7100/N7105 UK Con

Search This thread

E_Goldstein

Nov 23, 2011
on my second account first was Demon_man was a hd2 nerd...
secondly as much as you quote and type stuff down all im doing is repeating what three themselves have told me so why the need to insult me?
All I have said is "three have told me i dont live in a dc-hsdpa area ask them yourself... DN327HP..makes no difference to me that your being jumped up and offensive about it the last few pages have been great help to myself and a few other users on the subject of getting the ultra fast version out of three because of there mistakes and your bashing because of something that was said.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

rav0r

Oct 7, 2010
DC-HSDPA

I will get the n7105 in a few days. In Romania Orange offers Nationwide HSDPA coverage and DC-HSDPA is not uncommon with users having compatible devices reporting speeds up to 25 mbit/s. I will post some tests as soon as I get my device.
LTE is also being actively developped but only in 1800 mhz, but in one year the 800 mhz spectrum will be freed up so we will also have a good LTE coverage. For the moment, I will not be able to test LTE as prepaid plans are not available and I personally don't need more than a few mbit/s speed. I only need speed for wifi in order to transfer files smoothly. I will keep you updated.

securespark

Apr 7, 2013
Well, as of Friday just gone, O2 and Voda have gone live with 4G, according to CPW.

They are sharing technology (not joining forces in the same way as Orange and T mobile) so coverage will be the same on both carriers.

Anyhow, never mind the N7105, who's looking forward to the Note III???:D

thedadio

May 21, 2009
Im on sim only with three. Looking forward to free 4g in december plus my contract renewes in jan. So im deffo getting the note 3. My gf can have my note 2 and sell it as well as her s3 and she can buy whatever phone she wants as long as it isnt an iphone

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

quertiy

May 25, 2010
Im on sim only with three. Looking forward to free 4g in december plus my contract renewes in jan. So im deffo getting the note 3. My gf can have my note 2 and sell it as well as her s3 and she can buy whatever phone she wants as long as it isnt an iphone

Lol lol Exact same situation here.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

rav0r

Oct 7, 2010
I've tested the N7105 on Orange Romania, but the maximum speed on DC HSDPA I get is 10 mbit/s, though 30% higher than on Note1. Still no sign of LTE in the city I am now, perhaps, when I return Home, i will find something. Orange has a custom of exagerating the areas covered.

ShonkUK

Feb 26, 2011
United Kingdom
Its not DC-HSDPA then here's my N7000 (Note 1) on HSDPA 21

600859750.png

vhsd.png

I've tested the N7105 on Orange Romania, but the maximum speed on DC HSDPA I get is 10 mbit/s, though 30% higher than on Note1. Still no sign of LTE in the city I am now, perhaps, when I return Home, i will find something. Orange has a custom of exagerating the areas covered.

Last edited:

ShonkUK

Feb 26, 2011
United Kingdom
I didnt mean your phone isnt dc-hsdpa i meant you cant be connected at it
if you can only get 10 Mbps

I have a S3 LTE also and that gets around 25 Mbps peak on dc-hsdpa

Latency is exactly the same for me on hsdpa or dc-hsdpa between 50-100ms
the intitial bad latency on speed tests is due to coming out of idle at the start of the test

if i sat there pinging an ip it would average around 70ms

Here's my S3 LTE on DC-HSDPA

602209900.png

s1j8.png

Samsung says it is.http://m.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer...ts/GT-N7105TADTGY?subsubtype=lte-mobile-phone

Anyway, it's not that important.
The idea is I sometimes get better latencies compared to N7000.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hit the high street today in search of an N7105 to go on three's network with the hope of being 4G ready, this is what I found

1) I went into a 3 store and got to play with a real "3" note 2, this was an N7100 despite "3's" customer service promising me that it was 4G ready for sure, it turns out they are currently only stocking the N7100 :( what is really bad is that 3 are pushing the fact that they are upgrading their network to DC-HSDPA (theoretical 42 Mbps real world 15 mbps) but regarding Samsungs the only DC-HSDPA phone available are the Galaxy S3 LTE and the Note 2 LTE, so the regular note 2 will not be able to make the best of "3s" newly enhanced network.

2) I went into phones 4U as independent phone shops buy their own phones and so in theory will be able to sell you an N7105 on any network you want. This was even worse! where as T-mobile/Orange customers are getting the N7105 direct from their provider if they either start up new contracts or upgrade, if you sign up to a new contract or upgrade via phones 4U they are dishing out the N7100, they don't have any N7105's in stock and when they get them they will be exclusively dishing them out to people signing up to new contracts on EE.

If I was with T-Mobile/Orange and got an N7100 through phones 4U when I was meant to get an N7105 I would be very unimpressed.
    this is no news at all. the LTE phones available in UK now are designed to work with EE network 4G frequencies. your taking a big gamble buying one and hoping it will work with a specific network next year. and as s general advice dont believe what the sales representative will tell you. do your research before going into the shop.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Sorry to say but, you're wrong.
    It's well known what frequencies will be used and the n7105 will work on all of them, plus as the op said it has dc-h+ which means you can get unlimited near 4g speeds with all you can eat data from Three for as little as £12.90 pcm.
    It's £509 for the phone.
    £12 to unlock
    Clearly the best option for the money conscious data hog.

And OP you might not be able to get an n7105 from anyone other than EE for sometime, or they might appear tomorrow. It has about the same likelihood of the 32gb version turning up.
    (Actually Samsung might have said the 32 isn't coming? I'm not sure on that one?)

Newbie to this forum or not, I have to say that you could have got your point across without using the last line.
    I believe EE are to blame for not being able to but the N7105 SIM free they must have a deal with Samsung or something. As I work for CPW and we can sell the N7100 on Pay as u go, Pay Monthly and SIM free. Though we can only sell the N7105 on Pay Monthly with EE!

Though we have stopped being able to sell the N7100 on 3 now, they have instructed us not to, I believe this is because they are only stocking the N7105 model themselves so it stops 3rd party companies misselling etc, though it's a shame we can't sell it SIM free....it's very frustrating!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    Ok so last week I rang up 3 again to ask them when my Note 2 (N7100) will accept their Ultrafast Internet.... Bearing in mind I knew before that it needs to be the N7105, but plenty of their customer service representatives and a manager all stated my phone is 4G ready. After I while I was told yes it Ultrafast Internet available, I asked is that 4G or the DC-HSPDA? I got no where so I raised a complaint after being miss sold a phone, this didn't get me any further, just wasting an hour on the phone with 3s complaints department with an obnoxious customer service representative who hasn't a clue the difference between 3G, DC-HSPDA and 4G....was I surprised no! After an hour she refused to raise my complaint higher, this didn't go down well.

I then got hold of 3s executives customers services department who rang me back today, they are based in Scotland rather than India. The guy basically admitted that 3 had mislead me and offered me the S3 LTE version for 3 as an exchange as they don't sell the Note 2 LTE version. I declined as I don't really want to go backwards, but took the Sony Xperia Z instead as it's the only phone out there other than the Note 2 which is fairly decent.

So I suggest if there is anyone else on 3 and have been told that your model is 4G ready, get it noted on your account and then complain!

:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2