[KERNEL] [09-10-13] - SM-N9005 - SELinux Permissive - Working WiFi

Search This thread

danieljamie

Mar 27, 2011
Code:
Now stop pestering me, I'm not a helpdesk. All of the above is easily found if you search for it.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks for the script, hopefully it will help.

With respect, I know you are not a helpdesk, I sent you one email asking for help. This is after 3 says of searching XDA for this information. 

Yes, there are threads where wifi is broken. But those solutions did not help.

Please, tell me where this information is found by searching, because I admit I failed miserably.

I even posted threads in the Note 3 Q&A and the XDA General Q&A but no answers. And on Stack Exchange Android. 

I am new to kernel development. But I'm no noob. There are guides to compile kernels, but none result in working wifi for my N9005.

I just thought I'd PM or email an experienced dev who might have come across this as a common issue and have a one line fix or something.

But I apologise if you feel pestered. I just don't know how else to get any help.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

jpeps

Dec 20, 2010
Will kernel work the n900t

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jeffrey1790

Oct 8, 2011
Niagara Falls

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-11-18-39-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-11-18-39-21.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,460

slayher

Mar 27, 2010
I got it. The secure storage setting in the build.prop messes with the wifi. Set that to false, and wifi comes back.

shchiam1978

May 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wish to have kernel that compatible with stweak so we can play around with the cpu values.
Current stock kernel really draining the battery.

Sammath

Dec 24, 2008
Nijmegen
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Wish to have kernel that compatible with stweak so we can play around with the cpu values.

I'm using sabre kernel now which is for the T-Mobile version of this phone. Just flashed it and whatta you know, it works! It has oc support up till 2.5ghz and uv support :)

Make a nandroid before you flash and try it tho :)

And yes, I have a international n9005 note 3.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shchiam1978

May 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm using sabre kernel now which is for the T-Mobile version of this phone. Just flashed it and whatta you know, it works! It has oc support up till 2.5ghz and uv support :)

Really? Which version. Where Don you get it. Any link? Appreciate it super much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KERNEL FOR SM-N9005 - SNAPDRAGON 800 MODEL

Successfully changed SELinux status to permissive. Able to restore apps with Titanium Backup with data without force closes.

This is the stock samsung kernel source, but changed the SELinux policy from enforcing to permissive.
    In the settings app, it still shows as "Permissive", see the attached image.

Flash at your own risk. Please have an available flashable tar file of a working boot.img just in case, however it works fine on my phone!
    Link to stock kernels: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2459328&highlight=stock+roms

Known Issues
    Wifi and exfat external storage not working
    WiFi not working. To fix: modify build.prop ro.securestorage.support=true - Change to false. WiFi works on reboot (Thanks to freeza)
    ExFAT external storage not working. To fix: Use https://github.com/dorimanx/exfat-nofuse

Download Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ze2xzk2mcbagyc/DJT_N9005_KERNEL.tar

TODO:
    - Add ExFAT to kernel
    - Add Busybox / init.d capability
    - Add CPU overclocking

For other kernel devs, there is new feature in Snapdragon 800 mtd where you need a different version of mkbootimg tools.
    Code:
    Now stop pestering me, I'm not a helpdesk. All of the above is easily found if you search for it.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks for the script, hopefully it will help.

With respect, I know you are not a helpdesk, I sent you one email asking for help. This is after 3 says of searching XDA for this information. 

Yes, there are threads where wifi is broken. But those solutions did not help.

Please, tell me where this information is found by searching, because I admit I failed miserably.

I even posted threads in the Note 3 Q&A and the XDA General Q&A but no answers. And on Stack Exchange Android. 

I am new to kernel development. But I'm no noob. There are guides to compile kernels, but none result in working wifi for my N9005.

I just thought I'd PM or email an experienced dev who might have come across this as a common issue and have a one line fix or something.

But I apologise if you feel pestered. I just don't know how else to get any help.

Code:
    parentDir
    |-- mkbootimg
    |--/XXDEV-ramdisk/
    +--/Kernel-folder/

Code:
    makeKernel
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

export KDIR=`readlink -f ../Kernel-folder/`

if [ -z ${1} ]; then
      echo "Enter the device code"
      exit 1;
    else
      export DEV=$1
    fi

case $DEV in
     XXDEV) export DEFCONFIG="XXDEV_defconfig";
    	export RDIR="XXDEV-ramdisk";;

*)	echo "Not a valid device"
    	exit 2;;

esac;

cd $KDIR;

echo "Making $DEFCONFIG";

if [ -z $3 ]; then
    	make $DEFCONFIG ARCH=arm || exit 3;
    	nice -n 10 make modules -j4 ARCH=arm || exit 4;
    	nice -n 10 make -j4 ARCH=arm || exit 5;
    else
    	echo "Bypassing kernel make."
    fi

find -name '*.ko' -exec cp -av {} ../$RDIR/lib/modules/ \;
    chmod 644 ../$RDIR/lib/modules/* ;
    cd ..;

cd ./$RDIR
    pwd;
    find . | cpio -o -H newc | gzip -9 > ../$RDIR.cpio.gz
    cd ..

./mkbootimg --kernel $KDIR/arch/arm/boot/zImage --ramdisk $RDIR.cpio.gz -o boot.img && echo "Made boot image."

tar cf ./Finished/Kernel-$2-$DEV.tar boot.img

echo "Made Kernel-$2-$DEV.tar"

exit 0;

Code:
    parentDir/makeKernel XXDEV whateverVersionNumber

Now stop pestering me, I'm not a helpdesk. All of the above is easily found if you search for it.
    SELinux got nothig to do wiht Samsung KNOX.
    SELinux was also present in Android 4.2 but was set on permissive by google.
    Google changed the status starting on Android 4.3
    It is up to the app builders to learn how to work with this new security measure = my opinion.

If you are on a rooted device with init.d support it is very easy to change the SELinux status to "permissive"

Terminal command: To set to permissive
    Code:
    su
    echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
    It will not stick after reboot for that you will need a script running , I do it in init.d as a option as I like my system fully protected.

Make a empty file in etc/init.d folder and past this code in it. Or use script manager.
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    /system/xbin/busybox chmod 777 /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
    /system/xbin/echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
    I build a kernel with my rom with the terminal command build in so you can change status on the fly.

I share this opinion regarding SELinux. Changes are not always bad. Standing still is going backwards.
    Here is a flashable (with cwm or twrp) script that will give you the following options:
    You need a rom or kernel with init.d support!

The terminal command to change the SELinux status to "Permissive" is:
    su (enter) selinux_off (enter)

The status change will stick even after a reboot. Use the following command to change the status back to "Enforced" if you want to.

The terminal command to change the SELinux status to "Enforcing" is:
    su (enter) selinux_on (enter)