[FIX]Xposed framework lag

Search This thread

dcarlson01

Oct 1, 2012
I use Root Explorer. Maybe try updating your version of Root Explorer or Uninstalling it and then reinstalling and try again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I can get to the build.prop just fine, just unable to change. read/write issue I assume. Tried allowing write permissions but either doing that wrong or something. Not too sure

FilthyFord

May 27, 2014
Cleveland Tx
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I can get to the build.prop just fine, just unable to change. read/write issue I assume. Tried allowing write permissions but either doing that wrong or something. Not too sure

I'm not sure what the issue might be then. I didn't have any problems. After rooting I installed Xposed and the lag was horrible and I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I Uninstaller Xposed Framework and it still had lag so I did a factory reset and rerooted. Then I found this thread and done as it said and then installed Xposed Framework last and all worked well.

Reactions: dcarlson01

carlospr21

Oct 9, 2007
P.R. Levittown
For me i works just fine all i did was change build prop form true to false save and exit clear cache and everythings ok
emaze8y6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

dcarlson01

Oct 1, 2012
I'm not sure what the issue might be then. I didn't have any problems. After rooting I installed Xposed and the lag was horrible and I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I Uninstaller Xposed Framework and it still had lag so I did a factory reset and rerooted. Then I found this thread and done as it said and then installed Xposed Framework last and all worked well.

not sure what the issue was either, but all of a sudden it worked just fine and I was able to edit the file. Thanks for your help

FilthyFord

May 27, 2014
Cleveland Tx
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
not sure what the issue was either, but all of a sudden it worked just fine and I was able to edit the file. Thanks for your help

Glad you got it working. Do you know how to set the external sd card as the default storage. I tried changing the permission to read/write but it won't let me.

MrWhite1127

Jul 15, 2011
Sherwood, AR
I had horrible keyboard lag and overall system lag (window transitions and almost impossible to answer phone calls in time) after root and install of xposed/Wanam. I un installed xposed and cleared cache and rebooted....the lag was still present.

I pulled some logs and apparently it was because com.shealth.android (S-Health) was force closing about every 10 seconds in the background. And I wasn't getting any FC pop ups either. Long story short....I froze S-Health and cleared cache again...now my s5 is faster than ever.

I have a feeling that the exploit method used for the root is borking the S-Health library's. But it's just a hunch.

Sent from my Towel rooted S5

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
I had horrible keyboard lag and overall system lag (window transitions and almost impossible to answer phone calls in time) after root and install of xposed/Wanam. I un installed xposed and cleared cache and rebooted....the lag was still present.

I pulled some logs and apparently it was because com.shealth.android (S-Health) was force closing about every 10 seconds in the background. And I wasn't getting any FC pop ups either. Long story short....I froze S-Health and cleared cache again...now my s5 is faster than ever.

I have a feeling that the exploit method used for the root is borking the S-Health library's. But it's just a hunch.

There was a thread that had discussed this that I originally referenced in my post, it stated that basically the secure mode that you are turning off in build.prop is broken after root, regardless of the method you take to get it. Im not sure what the two have to do with each other, but disabling that mode and clearing the data for s-health should fix the lag and let you use xposed.

Cubfan99

Jun 12, 2010
This fix did not work for me. Edited the file, unfroze SHealth, and it still force closes. Don't really need that stupid program, so I froze it again.

-- Sent from my AT&T GS5 using Tapatalk VIP

Reactions: MrWhite1127

MrWhite1127

Jul 15, 2011
Sherwood, AR
This fix did not work for me. Edited the file, unfroze SHealth, and it still force closes. Don't really need that stupid program, so I froze it again.

My point exactly. The build.prop edit doesn't seem to have much of an effect on me. But freezing S-Health does. Anywho it works fine now. If I want features I'll just wait for an aosp rom.

pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Podunk, Tennessee
worked for me. however when setting it up, and trying th esamsung account, health services kept force closing. I just hint next and finished setup without samsung account. Works.

WOW, Root is SO much fun now.. I forgot how much I loved the control. I came from the S3 so i was dying without some of my root apps.

MrWhite1127

Jul 15, 2011
Sherwood, AR
worked for me. however when setting it up, and trying th esamsung account, health services kept force closing. I just hint next and finished setup without samsung account. Works.

WOW, Root is SO much fun now.. I forgot how much I loved the control. I came from the S3 so i was dying without some of my root apps.

Ditto. I had a gs3 that was on sprint and modded beyond belief. I miss being able to flash roms every day if I wanted.

windstrings

Nov 22, 2009
Glad you got it working. Do you know how to set the external sd card as the default storage. I tried changing the permission to read/write but it won't let me.

A simple way is to fix it so apps can write to it again.
Go to Google Play and look for "nextappsdfix"

Then you don't have to do the mother may I everytime you want to write to it.

Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator

zoso28

Feb 17, 2008
East Coast

If you go into developer options all the way at the bottom there's an option to enable the ANR (force close) dialogue for background apps.

windstrings

Nov 22, 2009
O
Could someone post the stock systemui.apk for our phone. For some reason when I receive a call the system ui force closes. Any ideas as what could be causing this.

I have no idea if this will work
http://m.power-freak.store.aptoide.com/app/market/com.wedy.systemuimod/6/5341218/SystemUI Patcher

Looks like a nice little store!
http://m.android777.store.aptoide.com/cat/Tools/page/2/31

Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator

djmouse

Dec 12, 2012
atlantic city
I had the same problem with sheath force closing,after installing xposed along with bad lag,no need to change build prop ,not for me anyway but I don't use titanium backup ,I use root explorer,but clear app data from shealth,then uninstall it, then reinstall it,you may have to do the health services too but I don't think I did,xposed is running fine,so is shealth v3. Just make sure if your using any module that you can put any app in multiwindow ,you don't have s health in there.I reinstalled from the samsung app in essentials, or free gifts one of them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who expirienced lag/slowness after installing the Xposed framework with no modules or anything, here is a solution:

1. Uninstall Xposed framework
    2. Go in /system and open build.prop in a text editor
    3. go to the line ( “ro.securestorage.support=true” ) and change it to false
    4. Install the xposed framework
    5. Clear the app data for S-Health and HealthService
    6. Reboot

Credit for this fix goes to cokenet in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768445

Hope this helps.

Just for others' future reference. To fix S health

1. Make sure the Xposed isn’t installed.
    2. We need to change build.prop file inside the system partition, you can also get it done manually by using a file manager app or get a build prop editor on play store.
    3. Once you find the build.prop file, look for the “ro.securestorage.support=true” line.
    4. Now change the line to “ro.securestorage.support=false”.
    5. Install the Xposed framework again.
    6. The final step is wiping S Health app data, head to System -> App Manager -> ALL -> S Health then wipes the data. Now your Galaxy S5 should be able to runs Xposed framework and S Health simultaneously without any problems.
    http://www.andromods.com/fix-troubleshoot/fix-xposed-framework-shealth-problem-galaxy-s5.html
    My solution was to reboot into the recovery, wipe cache and reboot. Not sure if its just temporary, but it seems to work :cool:
    Off-topic: What if I want to use S Health and Xposed? I know Xposed breaks S Health...

It doesn't actually. It's an incompatible dependency. There have been a number of threads on the subject, so do a search to confirm the details, but I believe it was the ro.securestorage.support=false property that resolves the issue.
    So how do we clear dalvik and cache without a custom recovery? Never did that before. :)