today plugin to switch between WCDMA and gsm

Search This thread

aarman

Oct 23, 2006
Great app - thank you

This is one of the apps/patches that make the Tytn actually usable. Great job my friend.. Thank you.

DogPatch

Dec 19, 2006
Ok, new version ready with some changes (not all).
1) The file is cab installer. Copy it into pda and click it. It let you install and uninstall. Please, if the app is running close it and delete manually the link on \windows\startup folder. The installer put a link in startup and programs directories
2) There is a check box to set if you want the tray icon or not.
2) The configuracion parameteres (switch back to gsm or auto and Tray Icon visible on/off) are saved and read from registry so you dont need to select theses paremeters each time you reset the device.

Pending things:
1) Close idle RAS connections (by configuration, yes/no, minutes without data transfer to close it, wake up or not the device to check the states).
2) Not pin necesary for those with pin check.

i found this post via howardforums, so first off, thank you for creating this app!

my question is that after i've moved the .cab file onto my phone and launch it, i get an error saying that the install was unsuccessful.

am i missing a step?

thanks!

Last edited:

Oct 27, 2006
don't even get the chance to say where to put it. i double click on the cab, and it comes up with the message saying it was unsuccessful.

DogPatch

Dec 19, 2006
alright, problem solved!

here's what i did initially.

i had emailed the .cab file to myself, and dowloaded it to my phone.

apparently, somewhere down the line, the file gets borked, thus causing an error in the install.

feeding my curiosity, i did the following:

downloaded the file on my lap top.

transferred it to my miniSD card.

popped it into my phone.

launched the .cab file.

install was successful.

again, thank you very much for this sweet app!

Oct 27, 2006
hmmm, I just looked at the file I downloaded. It was 11.5kb. I used your "fix" the first time I did it (moved through microSD first). I re-downloaded the file and emailed it. It works now.

Thanks!

delvauxy

Dec 22, 2005
It is possible to avoid to have to type your SIM pin code each time you switch from one mode to the other one? I suppose it is linked to the switch to flight mode?
Thanks for reply and for this nice apps

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
New version. SIM UNLOCK

Hi :D
New version. Those who use sim lock only have to enter the sim code once in main screen (password protected) and the plugin will enter the sim automatically when switching from one mode to other. This code is stored in registry so only enter it the first time you run the app. The app only will unlock the phone if detects it is blocked so those who dont use sim lock doesnt matter what enters
Renember to close the app before installing it.
Enjoy it and report me bugs, suggestions, etc.

Pending things:
Close idle connections (optional)

Attachments

• pc_capture_sim.jpg
    pc_capture_sim.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 174
  • BandSwitch.ARMV4.CAB
    30.6 KB · Views: 369

ghz

Nov 16, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
New version. Those who use sim lock only have to enter the sim code once in main screen (password protected) and the plugin will enter the sim automatically when switching from one mode to other. This code is stored in registry so only enter it the first time you run the app. The app only will unlock the phone if detects it is blocked so those who dont use sim lock doesnt matter what enters

Pending things:

Great. So far I am not encounter any bugs.

jcb_home

Mar 13, 2006
Chicago
No bugs yet

I've loaded the lastest version and it is working fine for me no problems yet.

Thanks for all the hard work,

Jeff

Baxter

Feb 8, 2006
Works fine on my Trinity as well.

If you are interested, I have a little more input after using it for a couple of days. It would be nice if it didn't have to load it first and you could set the modes and timout without being prompted when you run it. With one tap, running the app would switch between preset modes with optional timeout and then it would close without the need for any notification. Run completely in the background.

Just my two cents. Nice utility repargless.

dherrero

Dec 28, 2003
Madrid
Works fine on my Trinity as well.

If you are interested, I have a little more input after using it for a couple of days. It would be nice if it didn't have to load it first and you could set the modes and timout without being prompted when you run it. With one tap, running the app would switch between preset modes with optional timeout and then it would close without the need for any notification. Run completely in the background.

Just my two cents. Nice utility repargless.
Hi Baxter. First I thought to show only the tray icon. Each tap would switch between gsm and umts but then I thought..."What happens with auto mode", "how to set the parameters?".
I could, for example do what you do and then, if you execute the program again then it would show the actual pages...to configure the actual parameters and to configure what must happen when you tap the tray icon (switch the band or show the page....).

ghz

Nov 16, 2006
Kuala Lumpur

Pending things:

danielherrero, I think you need to sort out some security issue here. What I mean is the way of the program store the SIM PIN number. I browse the registry key & look my PIN is there. Perhaps you can implement some encryption?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.
    My battery drains very quickly in my area (HSDPA). But if i force GSM then the battery lasts two or three days and i only need hsdpa 3 or 4 times by day, for example

20010-04-20 (V2.9)
    1) The combo box that stores the model keeps the value when the program is restarted.
    2) Fixed problems with owner names starting/ending with spaces.
    3) other minor bugs
    2009-11-27 (V2.8)
    1) Compatibility with new Bluetooth Widcomm stack (HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Touch HD2, etc);
    2) Compatibility to switch band with HTC Touch HD2
    3) Compatibility to switch band with Toshiba TG01
    4) switching is faster because now I dont turn radio off, just unregister and register from network. No need to enter automatically PIN code too.

2007-09-25 (V2.4.2)
    Compatibility with Kaiser
    Changes in 1.2.3:
    Fix a bug in 1.2.1-1.2.1. Auto mode didnt work properly and switch delay action too.

Changes in V1.2.2 :
    Some GSM operators intercepts http not found requests and redirects to help pages. It can cause unknown effects on bandswith who tries to look for the version number in the response stream.....

Changes in 1.2.1:

Buffer overrun bug in devices with very long radio manufacturer name (caused bandswitch fall).
    Bandswith now detects if is running on WM5 or WM6 so now only switch twice if switching from GSM to UMTS band in WM6 devices. So now one only version for WM5 and WM6
    Dual line support with two pin codes.
    If the password(s) is/are incorrect the device will sound and vibrate and show Pin Page.
    Pin enable user: remember to enter pin(s) again after reinstall.
    I got weird problem

I've been using the 2.9 for 6 months without problem. But today it suddenly stop working and showing that bandswitch haven"t been activated. I've tried to uninstall ,reinstall and reactivate but no use. I've been using chucky rom on my hd2 for few months before without problem. Any solution?

Send me a email to herrero.daniel@gmail.com with your owner name
    Yes.
    Take a look to the first posts :)
    hi all! hi danielherrer!
    First, thank for your tool.
    and i want ask your source code section switch from gsm to wcdma.
    or can you tell me how to swicth from gsm to wcdma, which API in use?
    thank.
    ay
    Hi
    There isnt a public api to manage bands. Each device has its own way. Anyway I am going upload the source code ...