[INFO] Transformer Secure Key found!

Search This thread

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010
So how do we apply a stock ROM root using this stuff? That's what ALOT of people want, just the standard Asus ROM with root.

Reactions: droidbird

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Devs are gonna have to change the formats of the rom zips. The way nvflash works it flashes system img files.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Lizard

Mar 12, 2006
Not really, you can use nvflash to install a rooted rom & CWM on the TF. After that new roms can just be flashed through CWM.

CoolWaters

Jan 21, 2007
Just wanted to say thanks to these guys. I'm by no means sophisticated, but tonight I was able to root and flash Prime + the Clemsyn 3.1 kernal all in less than 45 minutes, with DL times. Now I'm rockin' at 1.6 per core and it seems stable.

Soooo, thanks again.

Wes

dasbooter

Jun 22, 2010
Hmmmm call me cautious but does any body know the command to read and backup your own flash before you proceed.... something like code: ./download.sh --backup /home/backup.img or something to that effect would be comforting.

dasbooter

Jun 22, 2010
backing up

Actually looks like this part pertains to backing up everything.

(Advanced users only (I won’t answer any questions about this.): Grab the command from download.sh/download.sh. Remove –create and –go and put –sync. This will boot up the bootloader.bin and wait for more commands. These can be run with e.g. nvflash -r –read 2 BCT.bin to read the BCT partition and so on. )

Not sure I can quite figure it out but I think I get the idea.Anybody want to chime in with specifics. Looks like these commands could be used for evil ;) too, but that is def not my intention. Just backing up my stuff

THANK YOU to EVERYONE involved in making this possible, you guys ROCK!!! I just got everything restored, the total time from begining to end was about 25 minutes, I couldn't believe how smooth it went, well, I could because there are such talented people out there in the development and hacking world :D Again, thanks, look for some donations header yer way matey's! D

Edit-This Prime ROM is pretty much stock, with some goodies thrown in like Spare Parts, I am going to stay with Prime like white on rice hehe

Last edited:

gxh

Aug 10, 2010
My goal would be to keep a backup of what I have on the tablet at the moment.

So my ideal would be:
Flash a CWM recovery and leave the rest stock.

At that stage I should be able to make a nandroid backup. This would allow me to always go back to my current status.

Then flash a rooted stock 3.1. The ideal would be to keep all installed applications intact. At that stage I should be able to backup all applications with Titanium Backup.

Then I should be good to flash any custom ROM. I should be always be able to restore my apps from Titanium.

Any way to do that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Secure Boot Key = 0x1682CCD8 0x8A1A43EA 0xA532EEB6 0xECFE1D98
    All current device give root forever and an unbricker tool.:D
    Source: https://twitter.com/#!/DroidRay/status/78471110118735872
    Is this going to allow us to root official roms?

I want to root my TF but I don't want to flash a custom ROM on it. I went through a hell of a time with that cycle withmy i9000, going through maybe 20 re-flashes until I finally got a ROM I was happy with and stable. I just want to stick with stock for my TF-101 (including stock recovery), but I WOULD like to root it.

This allows us to grab boot.img off device, root it, then flash it back.
    It will work on *any* firmware update that ASUS will ever release.

The method for getting the SBK won't work for other devices. Also, the Acer Iconia has separate SBK's for each device, so you can't just get 'one' key. I'm sure something will be out for that device soon enough ;)

The tools will be released soon. I still need to verify I'm not releasing anything that's copyrighted and potentially illegal, and then I'll pack it all up and throw it out there! Keep updated on me & Bumble-Bee's site ;)
    This allows us to use APX mode! I hope a developer can use this ASAP and its the correct one. APX mode will open up some awesome doors like being able to unbrick any TF from any situation.

Sent from my TF Decepticon
    This link was posted on twitter explaining how it all works for anyone unsure:
    http://androidroot.mobi/tf-secure-boot-key/
    I'm thrilled with your optimisim on 15 minutets. I too do not want to revert just to root, am happy going along.

I used to consider myself good on Android until I got the Nexus 4g - allegedly so simple, but it was not for me! I used wrong Nexus bootloader, fried phone erasing everything, Sprint wouldn't touch, so after 2 days of no phone with lots of reading on these and other forums, figured out how to get it back. Now unlocked and rooted but love GB without custom rom.

Kind of like Honeycomb - right now its so new, everything is running good and can't see anythings I want to take the time, meaning possible trouble, to change. And I also have faith our developers will make this easier and easier.

But glad this was found, it will make the future brighter as more people get these and learn to manipulate!!