[Procedure]No HTC unlock downgrade HC-GB for official OTA

Search This thread

chandlerchaos

Jan 12, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply, I was actually wrong, it does reboot but it's got some ui issues that make it crash sometimes, and no back button anymore lol.

I know I entered the version from the RUU file correctly, but I wonder if I did step 4 where you press both vol's and power correctly.

Should step 4 be - press them simultaneously and then let go, or press and hold them down for an extended period of time until turns off?

version-main: 2.23.651.1

Thanks again

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
It's a short press of all three simultaneously.

You can tell if the rooting worked by issuing the command:
Code:
adb shell id

If the id returned is 0, then rooting worked.

It did in fact fail to reset the version, so I would guess it was at the rooting phase that this went wrong for you.

chandlerchaos

Jan 12, 2012
Ok, I ran adb shell id and it appears to bee set to root correctly

uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

I'm guessing I should try to get my hands on an RUU froma source other than the one linked in the OP? Thanks

globatron

Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
You'll need to at least run step 7 again because you used the wrong version for this RUU, you'll probably have to do from the last command in step 3.

chandlerchaos

Jan 12, 2012
Ok thanks. This is the RUU file I originally tried, and in step 7 I set version to 1.22.651.1

from filefactory - RUU_Express_Sprint_WWE_1.22.651.1_Radio_1.05.11.0531_NV_2.28_SPCS_release_198141_signed.exe

Hopefully the dl source was the issue as it appears to be the same RUU file you linked? Thanks again

elrayray

Dec 30, 2011
Tried this procedure myself using the same RUU and was returned "ERROR [170]: USB CONNECTION ERROR." Tried from Step 7 a second time with same result. Yes, it's connected, yes the battery is charged, yes I entered the version number correctly. Checked the id and it came back (0). What now?

globatron

Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
Fix your fastboot drivers or usb problem obviously :D

Most common problems are:
1. Fastboot drivers not installed/not working, reinstall the drivers.
2. Using a usb hub, either internal (in a PC or laptop) or external, try a different port
3. Using a USB-3 port, use a USB 1.1 or 2 port
4. Some other interfering usb based application, eg htc sync or itunes or similar. Make sure any applications and their services are not started.

DCBatman424

Dec 28, 2011
tacoroot link not working

Hi, for some reason the tacoroot link is not working. I've used several browsers and nothing is working... Could you supply a mirror? Thank You!

DCBatman424

Dec 28, 2011
Worked like a charm!

I can confirm that this procedure does indeed work! Thanks Globatron for your hard work. Now i'm on my way to S-OFF and root.

Danthemanaz

Feb 22, 2012
Ok, so I admit I'm a noob at posting and this is a bit over my head with the adb. I'm trying to run the adb commands and keep getting "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". Any ideas? thanks,

chronus_exodus

Jun 4, 2012
Thank you for this tutorial, I do have a question though, what does brightstar, WWE, TUR stand for? I tried the offical unlock tool but I don't know which option to choose?

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Thank you for this tutorial, I do have a question though, what does brightstar, WWE, TUR stand for? I tried the offical unlock tool but I don't know which option to choose?

WWE? TUR? Brightstar? Where are you getting that from?

In the case of what thread you posted in you would want to choose option 6 on my tool. If that option doesnt work (only .01% of people reported that not working) then do option 2 (in which you will have to be "HTC unlocked")

E.T.Heil

Dec 19, 2011
C'bus Ohio

In the case of what thread you posted in you would want to choose option 6 on my tool. If that option doesnt work (only .01% of people reported that not working) then do option 2 (in which you will have to be "HTC unlocked")

Umm, those appear to be the different RUU versions available for the Flyer?

Reactions: kevinrocksman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This procedure applies to both flyers and view

Required downloads
    1. First download the Gingerbread RUU for your device from this thread.
    2. If you don't have adb and fastboot on your PC
      • Get fastboot and adb tool for windows here
      • Get Fastboot and adb for linux here
      • I don't have a simple bundde for Mac, would welcome a link if anyone has one.
    3. Download my universal misc_version and unzip to obtain the misc_version file.
    4. Download tacoroot
    5. Place both the misc_version and tacoroot.bin files in the same directory as adb

Procedure
    1. Check the version number for your gingerbread RUU
      In my example I am using this RUU: RUU_Flyer_HTC_WWE_2.00.405.3_R_Radio_20.3501.30.08 9BU_3809.05.04.10_M_release_194964_signed.exe
      The version is the part highlighted in red.
    2. Boot your flyer up to android if it's not already on, with usb debugging enabled and connect it to the PC.
    3. Run the following adb commands
      Code:
      adb push tacoroot.bin /data/local
      adb push misc_version /data/local
      adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tacoroot.bin
      adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/misc_version
      adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.bin --setup
      At this point your device will reboot to recovery
    4. Simultaneously press Volume Up, Volume Down and Power
    5. Reboot your device
    6. Run the following command
      Code:
       adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.bin --root
      Your device will reboot, do not worry if it does not boot fully, it doesn't matter for this procedure, and it is a side effect of this root exploit.
    7. Run the following command:
      Code:
      adb shell /data/local/misc_version -s [COLOR="Red"]2.00.405.3[/COLOR]
      Note that the number in RED is the version number retrieved in step 1.
    8. Reboot to fastboot:
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
    9. Run your RUU ( if on linux or mac, see other similar threads from me on how to RUU on those OSes )

Special Thanks
    jcase for providing the tacoroot.
    Ok, that is done

Umm, those appear to be the different RUU versions available for the Flyer?
    Hi, my Flyer is S-OFF with LeeDroid HC.

But i really don't like it and wanna back to GB. Follow all steps in here and went all smooth until i run the RUU.

After RUU completed it reboot itself and show the HTC logo with max brightness, stay that way for more than 30 mins. I turn it off by long-press the device, then try to access bootloader hoping can re-do those steps again by pressing vol + & - & power at the same time, with no luck.
    No matter how many times I try it will show me the HTC logo only and nothing else.

Please advice on what should I do now.:confused::crying:

press and hold the power button (only) until it shuts off, you will see a orange light at the top (i think only if its plugged in). Once you see that orange light wait 5 seconds then press and hold the power and volume down buttons until it starts back up, should go to bootloader this time.

if that doesnt work it might be "with the light off" do it.