[HARD BRICK Fixed] - I9205 Make your debrick.img and have it on extSdCard by security

Search This thread
I too am having problems with my Mega 6.3 following updating to Liquid Smooth. It was working fine for weeks and then the other day it crashed and wouldnt power on. It also wouldnt boot into recovery or download mode. I've tried the brig.img solution and my handset comes up but if I try to enter download mode it just goes back to the text below -

OOT RECOVERY MODE
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS. .
COPY FROM T-FLASH. .
WRITE 139008 sectors. .
FLASH WRITE FAILURE
ddi : mmc_read failed
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9205
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 1

I cant apply the correct PIT via Odin, that fails and I cant write a genuine O2 rom back to the handset via Odin either.

Mukiai did you have any luck speaking to the guys at Liquid Smooth regarding the correct brick.img file, if so would you mind sharing anything they gave you ? I think we are both in exactly the same problem :(

When i brick my fone im on stock but you are on liquitsmoth...

You should try to ask help from the last rom you are on to flash the brick.img creator, then send the brick.img... this will help i think..

This because the mount point from the rom are difrent from stock...

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app

Mukiai

Aug 3, 2012
www.facebook.com
Sorry bro, all of them had bring me some help. All of them answered me and i've test all (just one thing i couldn't cause of mu sin broke glass of my mega : jig usb. So i sent it to samsung service. I just wait for an answer from them.

I too am having problems with my Mega 6.3 following updating to Liquid Smooth. It was working fine for weeks and then the other day it crashed and wouldnt power on. It also wouldnt boot into recovery or download mode. I've tried the brig.img solution and my handset comes up but if I try to enter download mode it just goes back to the text below -

OOT RECOVERY MODE
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS. .
COPY FROM T-FLASH. .
WRITE 139008 sectors. .
FLASH WRITE FAILURE
ddi : mmc_read failed
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9205
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 1

I cant apply the correct PIT via Odin, that fails and I cant write a genuine O2 rom back to the handset via Odin either.

Mukiai did you have any luck speaking to the guys at Liquid Smooth regarding the correct brick.img file, if so would you mind sharing anything they gave you ? I think we are both in exactly the same problem :(

Sorry bro, all of them had bring me some help. All of them answered me and i've test all (just one thing i couldn't cause of mu sin broke glass of my mega : jig usb. So i sent it to samsung service. I just wait for an answer from them.

Thanks for coming back to me, do you mean you have tried all the versions of Liquid Smooth ? If so there is no hope then. I know my handset is second hand and as such I dont think Sammy will honour the warranty. However I will look at getting a jig repair, if all else fails I know where I can get £100 for it as it is.

Thanks

Ken

Mukiai

Aug 3, 2012
www.facebook.com
Thanks for coming back to me, do you mean you have tried all the versions of Liquid Smooth ? If so there is no hope then. I know my handset is second hand and as such I dont think Sammy will honour the warranty. However I will look at getting a jig repair, if all else fails I know where I can get £100 for it as it is.

Thanks

Ken

Even if mine is first handset I don't think they will take them under warranty. But if it's too expensive, hope you could help me to where found it under 100 ;). Hope JIG will help you.

ashikrobi

Mar 14, 2014
Comilla
Debrick SPH-L600

First of all see the case from @shazzl - HERE. Brick i9205 solved.

We must have our debrick.img on extSdCard to caution if we brick our phone. This is made from pit.file like we see on updater_script from the .zip (partition mmcblk0).

Download the .zip attached, flash it in your preferred recovery (CWM or TWRP) and it will create the dump file needed for this debrick method from @KAsp3rd See it HERE. Thanks @[B]KAsp3rd[/B]

Once you have flashed it you will find a file called debrick.img on your internal sdcard. It should be 128MB in size. Copy it to extSdCard and to Your Pc.

For a I9205 bricked We can use the method from @KAsp3rd, used by @shazzl. Thanks by Your guide.

I created already my Sdcard prepared by Win32DiskImager from Windows option.

See also THIS help from @DocHoliday77. Thanks @DocHoliday77.
Replace T999 by Your phone name.

Make that, take care.

PS: If You upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3 make new debrick.img. The contents inside pit.file can have differences.

EDIT: New HARD BRICK fixed on one Note 3 N9005 4.4.2 Kitkat. Whit success, see it HERE.

Sister i have bricked my SPH-L600 sprint mega. I was trying to restore it with efs professional tool and selected all partitions except system and user data. I got this backup from my friends phone. I didn't know he has the previous version of android 4.2 installed. I had 4.4 and now it's not power up. It shows qhsusb_dload mode when i connect it to my pc. I tried your dbrick.img for i9205 and it's still not booting. Please tell me how can i fix it?

beregigon

Nov 15, 2013
The problem, the big problem is the new touch display that is incompatible with KitKat!!!!

This has happened to me!!!

You do the following test to see if that happens to mobile or because something else. With the phone off, you have to remove the motherboard from the chassis. Then, through a rectangular hole that exist in the chassis, you can see the connector of the touch. You have to disconnect the flexible connector there.
Mounted the MoBo on the chassis. Gets the battery and turns on.
If the phone starts, no bootloop, and now goes to the screen of Android, this means that the problem is in the touch, which is not 100% compatible. If the phone is as it was before disconnecting the touch. means that the problem is caused by something else.

s0eViL

Oct 17, 2010
did anyone ever workout how to write a pit file to the handset while NOT in Download Mode?

Thanks

reynierpm

Nov 12, 2010
Florida
dynamotechnology.com
How do I deal with this if my phone is bricked and I haven't the proper debrick.img file? I mean my phone doesn't boot up and apparently doesn't power on, although I can see [bold]qhsusb_dload[/bold] at Windows devices so phone is not death at all. I've follow the steps here using I9205 when my phone is Mini GT-I9190 (international) and it doesn't work, any advice?

AfieyCyrus

Oct 25, 2012
kuching
help on hardbrick I9205

Any think if u ask and if I can help cos I know how hard to have brick fone for me my phone died about 2 week before I found the solution

mind helping me sir....i have try the debrick.img method....but still dead....oh ya sometime it can boot after a hour or two with battery removed but its just blank black untill samsung boot animation come out...but a dew minute after booting system it will reboot and dead again:confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

sHapp3z0r

May 22, 2015
I have an i9152p and I got it hardbricked. So, I guess I can't make that debrick.img anymore, anyone can help me with it?

willyx

May 22, 2008
So I was getting the same error mmc_read/writte failed in my note 4. Also when I tried to update the Rom I got the PIT failure in Odin. So my suspect was the mmc part having electrical issues. I could be related to the part it self or the solder process of the part. I quick test was to put my phone in a cold environment ( my fridge) for a couple of minutes, the purpose of this is to have some compression in the solder and even inside the mmc part. Assert that I tried to flash the Rom again and magically no more mmc error. The mmc error haven't gone completely away. Some times the phone hang and I have to remove the battery and power it on again. I see the error a couple of times and the phone then goes ok. When the phone definitely doesn't boot again, I repeat the frix process(freeze and fix ;P )

Reactions: aznmode

lucas.brlt

Nov 8, 2015
Gt-i9205 - 4.4.2

Can I have debrick.img for the Galaxy mega GT-I9205 android 4.4.2 ? I found debrick.img for the 4.2.2 but don't work with 4.4.2... Please :crying::crying::crying:

jaydrum

Jan 17, 2016
my galaxy wont come on at all!! i believe to have tried everything except for switching batteries and usb can anyone help plz, this happen after i flashed it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all see the case from @shazzl - HERE. Brick i9205 solved.

We must have our debrick.img on extSdCard to caution if we brick our phone. This is made from pit.file like we see on updater_script from the .zip (partition mmcblk0).

Download the .zip attached, flash it in your preferred recovery (CWM or TWRP) and it will create the dump file needed for this debrick method from @KAsp3rd See it HERE. Thanks @[B]KAsp3rd[/B]

Once you have flashed it you will find a file called debrick.img on your internal sdcard. It should be 128MB in size. Copy it to extSdCard and to Your Pc.

For a I9205 bricked We can use the method from @KAsp3rd, used by @shazzl. Thanks by Your guide.

I created already my Sdcard prepared by Win32DiskImager from Windows option.

See also THIS help from @DocHoliday77. Thanks @DocHoliday77.
    Replace T999 by Your phone name.

Make that, take care.

PS: If You upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3 make new debrick.img. The contents inside pit.file can have differences.

EDIT: New HARD BRICK fixed on one Note 3 N9005 4.4.2 Kitkat. Whit success, see it HERE.
    Hope it will boot...:):)

Hope too. But anyway thanks to you three for having help me .
    When i brick my fone im on stock but you are on liquitsmoth...

You should try to ask help from the last rom you are on to flash the brick.img creator, then send the brick.img... this will help i think..

This because the mount point from the rom are difrent from stock...

ok i'll ask them. Big thanks again ;)
    when i reboot my mega with debrick sd
    My opinion for now. On post #15 You had There is no PIT partition, then this partition not exist for me.
    When the debrick.img want write something on PIT partition it can't because not encounter where write. It FAIL.

In this case the PIT partition must be created. How? I don't know. It's a work for some Dev's or Samsung.
    Is it normal that after use win32 item , the properties of my sd says that the size is in mb (near 16 mb are free and 47 mb are usedand capacity total 64mb : a deep hole from 16gb???? )?

It's normal. The sdcard have 17 partitions but the windows only see the first from 64 MB. 16 are hidden for windows.

You can see them on Control Panel / Admnistrative Tools / Computer Management / Storage / Disk Management (local) ...
    and here You see the sdcard, may be F: whit 17 partitions.

Power off on Mega, put the sdcard, Power and must be something to work on it. It write the first 128 MB from emmc, pit file included. And use the guide from @shazzl .

Here I can't help more because I never had a hard brick and not make all process. I made only the sdcard to debrick and analyzed it on Pc.

Phone :
    Code:
    MMC: mmc_read fail
    [COLOR="Red"]PIT FAIL : TOTAL SECTORS (0)
    ODIN : flash read failure[/COLOR]

It is not good this. 0 sectors on PIT ???

See the guide from @shazzl to debrick:

1. If your phone only detected QHSUSB_DLOAD follow this guide.

2.1. Download Win32DiskImager
    2.2 Download debrik.img thank to @ValenteL for the file.
    2.3 Unzip both items and run win32diskimager
    2.4 Select Image File debrick.img
    2.5 Select Device ( put your sdcard in 16gb or 32bg )
    2.6 Click write ( note this will format your sdcard plz backup your data )
    2.7 After finish put your sdcard to your phone. you will se a magical your phone will boot.

3.1 After it boot turn off the phone and go to download mod.
    3.2 Open odin and flash the stock frameware ( i flash I9205XXUCML1 )

4. After boot go to setting, more storage and format your sdcard