Porting honeycomb to the Galaxy Tab *update 4/2/11*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rmanaudio

Aug 27, 2010
GTA
Amazing work!

I came a little bit when I saw those pics of it booted!

Keep up the good work....I know you will get this fully ported. If you have come this far, the rest is doable for you!

paulshields

Nov 17, 2006
Liverpool
YOU ARE EFFING AWESOME.

thanks to this, i'm going to buy a tab! £299 at asda direct people! http://direct.asda.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab/000504480,default,pd.html

Great price! I'd buy one at that price regardless of Honeycomb. Been loving mine for months now and it never lets me down.

Question to anyone: Does Honeycomb come with any phone/dialler functionality? I use the phone features more frequently than I expected. I'm guessing that Honeycomb doesn't and Ice Cream Sandwich (the "Honeycomb for phones" update) will. God knows when or if ICS will be available for the Tab though...:rolleyes:.

rochford77

May 18, 2010
Mt. Pleasant/Oxford MI
hmmm

so im getting a sprint tab (i would get big red but i work for sprint so....) and this looks LEGIT! i see that the OP has verizon listed as his carrier. is he using a verizon tab? the reason i ask is b/c i want this to work on CDMA tabs :-D

vamp6x6x6x

Aug 21, 2010
www.iandroidandmore.com
so im getting a sprint tab (i would get big red but i work for sprint so....) and this looks LEGIT! i see that the OP has verizon listed as his carrier. is he using a verizon tab? the reason i ask is b/c i want this to work on CDMA tabs :-D

Yep, he is because he said in an earlier post:

My device is a vzw cdma, so naturally, my build will be for a CDMA tab... however, I think all I may have to do is compile a separate kernel (which will be pretty simple,) and tack on a few drivers. Theoretically, it won't be much more trouble to do both tabs at about the same time (though the CDMA tab will come a few days before the rest.) Ideally, I'd like the build to use a script to allow the user to select a driver/settings set for any tab, but I'm not there yet. Basically, if the port works for one tab, it will work for all tabs (with a few small modifications). The differences are actually small.

YoMarK

Sep 15, 2007
Tnx for the updates!

Edit: Made a small donation. Bigger one will come later if it's actually going to work :)

Last edited:

dbma

Jun 21, 2008
Spacemoose !!!

Europe wait for you and need you :)

$ 60 for you and much waiting for me :)

DarkPal

Mar 10, 2011
Victoria
Spacemoose. A quick google search about porting HC on GTAB reveals many tabbers wanting it to happen and describing you as the only brave soul at XDA trying to make that happen :D

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Me love you long time! :D

You've made it onto Android Central. Wont be long before this news spreads like wildfire over Android blogs

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

IP IHI II IL

Sep 16, 2010
You, my friend, have turned me into a giddy 'lil *****! You're a hero furreal! Thanks for all the long, hard work, and expect MANY returns for your efforts! I'm donating, port or no port, as soon as I can afford to!

THANKS SO MUCH!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts