Unlock Arc bootloader whit testpoint and dont lose DRM

Search This thread

spit85

Mar 15, 2012
I have unlocked my bootloader from the Arc whit the testpoint method, using the s1tool, so I don't losing the DRM.

For who want to do this, its only for the Arc, not the Arc S.
Do this on your on risk!! I'm not responsible when you brick your phone!!

Only works on generic branded phones.

First download the s1tool Attachment.

Find some wire and a paper-clip, or something like that, and put it together, whit some tape.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now put the other end of the wire between the usb extension cable and your phones data cable. That's for the grounding.

Now remove the back cover from your phone and remove your battery and sim-card. Remove the small plastic that's taped on the testpoint (you can tape it back later) Btw, the point that coloured red is the testpoint of the arc.

Oke, now we can started.
Let the battery out your phone, and plug the phone cable in to your computer. Put the paper-clip on the testpoint and let it stay there, then put in the cable on your phone. Your computer saying he found a new hardware, then manual choose the drivers. Go to the s1tool/USBFlash_driver folder and choose your driver. (choose manually, because windows won't find the driver if you let it auto detect).

Now the driver is installed, plug out the cable from your phone, but not from your computer. Start s1tool en click on Patch SEMCBoot, then click on Testpoint READY

Now put the paper-clip back on the testpoint and plug the cable back in to the phone. Now s1tool is working, and when he say to remove the testpoint, do it. You will see something like the picture below, and when it says its Finnish, you can plug out your phone.

Now you can put back the tape over the testpoint. Put in the sim-card and battery. Now you have a unlocked bootloader whit DRM.

If you want to lock it again, open s1tool and click on RESTORE. Power down your phone, press the BACK BUTTON and hold it, then plug in your phone to the computer, then a few seconds later it will say your bootloader is locked again.

When you want to relock the boot-loader, be sure you flash back to stock, outer wise your phone don't start whit a custom kernel.

I hope my English is good enough for the people to understand:p.

Attachments

• s1tool.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 5,726
Last edited:

spit85

Mar 15, 2012
Is the use of S1tool to unlock the Bootloader free? Or do I have to buy some sort of Credits to perform the operation?

Thanks for the help!

It is a free tool.

It Supports:
X10 Xperia,E10 Mini,E15 Xperia X8,U20 Mini Pro
LT15 Xperia ARC,MT15 Xperia NEO,R800 Xperia PLAY
ST18 Xperia RAY,ST15 Xperia Mini,SK17 Xperia Mini Pro.

But I only tested it on my on LT15 (Xperia Arc), so I don't know how it works on the other models.

Last edited:

spit85

Mar 15, 2012
Btw, If you want to know if unlocking the bootloader was a success; try to go in fast-boot mode, if it works, you can access the fast-boot mode and flash custom kernels. When it wasn't a success, you can't go to fast-boot mode, or flash kernels.

I tried it a couple of times (lock and unlock the boot-loader), and it always work fine for me.

When you want to relock the boot-loader, be sure you flash back to stock, outer wise your phone don't start whit a custom kernel.

Last edited:

spit85

Mar 15, 2012
You mean you can't go in fastboot mode and you can't flash a custom kernel, don't you? ;)

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

Yes, when it wasn't a success, you can't. Sorry, my English isn't the best:p

Aber dafür kann ich gut Deutsch :p

Last edited:

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
With this method can ota/fota be performed ?

Readed it somewhere...

From my sexy LT15i

spit85

Mar 15, 2012
With this method can ota/fota be performed ?

Readed it somewhere...

From my sexy LT15i

In theory, yes (the Sony Ericsson way OTA or SEUS). But I haven't tried it, because I don't want to risk a phone brick. I removed the update app from my phone, to be sure it don't update whit OTA. You can try it at your on risk, but my advise: don't try it, because I don't know it sure for 100%.

If you want to flash updates, you can use WotanClient from http://www.wotanserver.com In this clip a guy explain how to use the WotanClient

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQIw608rZfI

Btw, I'm not sure if it harms to flash whit WotanClient on a unlocked boot-loader. I relocked it, updated whit WotanClient, then unlocked it again, and that works fine for me :)

Last edited:

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Yes, when it wasn't a success, you can't. Sorry, my English isn't the best:p

Aber dafür kann ich gut Deutsch :p

No problem. Just wanted to correct it for other people.

Sehr gut :)
Ich kann niederländisch ein bisschen verstehen, aber nicht schreiben :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

spit85

Mar 15, 2012
No problem. Just wanted to correct it for other people.

Sehr gut :)
Ich kann niederländisch ein bisschen verstehen, aber nicht schreiben :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong about that, because people must understand what I writing down.

Meine Mutti ist Deutsch, also verstehe ich es:p

Retrosid

Mar 30, 2011
Is it needed to use the cable with the paperclip and the usb cable? You can use as grounding the metal part on the sim card

Sent from my Xperia Arc

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
Is it needed to use the cable with the paperclip and the usb cable? You can use as grounding the metal part on the sim card

Sent from my Xperia Arc

Waaait, wait, some poeople had issues with the simcard detection after using that as ground.

I suggest not to use that metalplate!!

From my sexy LT15i

spit85

Mar 15, 2012
Waaait, wait, some poeople had issues with the simcard detection after using that as ground.

I suggest not to use that metalplate!!

From my sexy LT15i

I know that the sim holder is a ground, but that people hat issues whit it after use it as ground is new for me. But thanks for the info:eek:

spit85

Mar 15, 2012
I tried this on my arc, did not work. Will this only work on sim free phones?

S1tool only works on generic branded phones, so your phone must aloude to unlock the bootloader. Open your dailer and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu. Tap to service Info> configuration> rooting status. If bootloader unlock allowed say yes, then you can unlock your bootloader, otherwise you can't.

But carrier branded phones can't unlocked whit s1tool, then you must use the payt version, the SeTool.

stirkac

Dec 16, 2008
the Internet
WOW!

This is amazing and should be Pinned! No one likes to be in unlocked database at Sony.

I am doing this tomorrow :) will report back. I must say this is the easiest ever bootloader unlock without consequences.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have unlocked my bootloader from the Arc whit the testpoint method, using the s1tool, so I don't losing the DRM.

Find some wire and a paper-clip, or something like that, and put it together, whit some tape.

Now put the other end of the wire between the usb extension cable and your phones data cable. That's for the grounding.

Now remove the back cover from your phone and remove your battery and sim-card. Remove the small plastic that's taped on the testpoint (you can tape it back later) Btw, the point that coloured red is the testpoint of the arc.

Oke, now we can started.
    Let the battery out your phone, and plug the phone cable in to your computer. Put the paper-clip on the testpoint and let it stay there, then put in the cable on your phone. Your computer saying he found a new hardware, then manual choose the drivers. Go to the s1tool/USBFlash_driver folder and choose your driver. (choose manually, because windows won't find the driver if you let it auto detect).

Now the driver is installed, plug out the cable from your phone, but not from your computer. Start s1tool en click on Patch SEMCBoot, then click on Testpoint READY

Now put the paper-clip back on the testpoint and plug the cable back in to the phone. Now s1tool is working, and when he say to remove the testpoint, do it. You will see something like the picture below, and when it says its Finnish, you can plug out your phone.

Now you can put back the tape over the testpoint. Put in the sim-card and battery. Now you have a unlocked bootloader whit DRM.

If you want to lock it again, open s1tool and click on RESTORE. Power down your phone, press the BACK BUTTON and hold it, then plug in your phone to the computer, then a few seconds later it will say your bootloader is locked again.

Is the use of S1tool to unlock the Bootloader free? Or do I have to buy some sort of Credits to perform the operation?

Thanks for the help!

It is a free tool.

It Supports:
    X10 Xperia,E10 Mini,E15 Xperia X8,U20 Mini Pro
    LT15 Xperia ARC,MT15 Xperia NEO,R800 Xperia PLAY
    ST18 Xperia RAY,ST15 Xperia Mini,SK17 Xperia Mini Pro.

But I only tested it on my on LT15 (Xperia Arc), so I don't know how it works on the other models.
    Btw, If you want to know if unlocking the bootloader was a success; try to go in fast-boot mode, if it works, you can access the fast-boot mode and flash custom kernels. When it wasn't a success, you can't go to fast-boot mode, or flash kernels.

I tried it a couple of times (lock and unlock the boot-loader), and it always work fine for me.

I also unlocked with the method by sony. Register phone, etc...

The rom that I've works well, everything except the usual DRM problems, which prevents the walkman to download the details of the songs (info, cover album..)

Now, I wonder: if I use the "Sony Update Service" to return to the original ROM, kernel, and so original...I re-have the bootloader locked again or unlocked just now?

Wrong section.
    If you want to know how to relock your bootloader, search on the forum, there you will find tools and a guide.

The testpoint method hasn't anything to do with the official method from Sony Ericsson. And you can't use Sony Update Service with a unlocked bootloader. If you relock your bootloader, your DRM still is lost, and there is no way to get your DRM back.
    How can I achieve this on the arc s ?

Oke, now we can started.

Really would like to keep the DRM keys on the arc s when unlocking the boot loader how can it be done ?