ART compatibility

Search This thread

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
Well, first things first. I am aware of the link to check individual compability (http://www.androidruntime.com/list) and ran into some doubts. Since my last thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2683780), the only way I found to keep my device from freezing was going back to Dalvik. I checked every single app I have on the ART list to maybe find out what's the cause - if I switch back from Dalvik to ART right now, I experience those sudden freezes again. I've made a list of everything I got installed right now, was thinking of maybe a feedback of what could be the problem.

Code:
CPU Spy
	com.bvalosek.cpuspy
Chronus
	com.dvtonder.chronus
DU Battery Saver
	com.dianxinos.dxbs
EvolveSMS
	com.klinker.android.evolve_sms
Facebook
	com.facebook.katana
Flow
	com.deeptrouble.yaarreddit
Frost
	com.sonny.lpi.frost
IMDb
	com.imdb.mobile
Instagram
	com.instagram.android
Kingsoft Office
	cn.wps.moffice_eng
Lightning
	acr.browser.barebones
List My Apps
	de.onyxbits.listmyapps
Notes Reborn
	martin.gregor.notes.reborn
Nova Launcher
	com.teslacoilsw.launcher
Battery Percentage
	de.kroegerama.android4batpercent
Pushbullet
	com.pushbullet.android
QuickPic
	com.alensw.PicFolder
SeriesGuide
	com.battlelancer.seriesguide
SeriesGuide X
	com.battlelancer.seriesguide.x
Shuttle+
	com.simplecity.amp_pro
Sliding Explorer
	com.ballerapps.slidingexplorer
SwiftKey
	com.touchtype.swiftkey
SwiftKey Beta
	com.touchtype.swiftkey.public.beta
Talon
	com.klinker.android.twitter
TeslaUnread Plugin
	com.teslacoilsw.notifier
Tiny White Icon Pack
	com.samanthaconner.tinywhite
WhatsApp+
	com.whatsapp
Notification Light Widget
	com.motorola.ledwidget

I must say that amongst these I did not have Kingsoft Office, Lightning Browser, Pushbullet, IMDb, Notes Reborn and Whatsapp+ installed ever since my last switch. They shouldn't be the problem but I still listed them above. Let's just say I lost about ~1h of screentime not running ART and would love to switch back without issues. I am aware of the recomendation of getting a logcat of when the device freezes but I am not versed on these shenanigans.

TL;DR: Need help to eliminate possible causes for freezing while running ART.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

prantik007

Feb 27, 2014
hey

Well, first things first. I am aware of the link to check individual compability (http://www.androidruntime.com/list) and ran into some doubts. Since my last thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2683780), the only way I found to keep my device from freezing was going back to Dalvik. I checked every single app I have on the ART list to maybe find out what's the cause - if I switch back from Dalvik to ART right now, I experience those sudden freezes again. I've made a list of everything I got installed right now, was thinking of maybe a feedback of what could be the problem.

Code:
CPU Spy
	com.bvalosek.cpuspy
Chronus
	com.dvtonder.chronus
DU Battery Saver
	com.dianxinos.dxbs
EvolveSMS
	com.klinker.android.evolve_sms
Facebook
	com.facebook.katana
Flow
	com.deeptrouble.yaarreddit
Frost
	com.sonny.lpi.frost
IMDb
	com.imdb.mobile
Instagram
	com.instagram.android
Kingsoft Office
	cn.wps.moffice_eng
Lightning
	acr.browser.barebones
List My Apps
	de.onyxbits.listmyapps
Notes Reborn
	martin.gregor.notes.reborn
Nova Launcher
	com.teslacoilsw.launcher
Battery Percentage
	de.kroegerama.android4batpercent
Pushbullet
	com.pushbullet.android
QuickPic
	com.alensw.PicFolder
SeriesGuide
	com.battlelancer.seriesguide
SeriesGuide X
	com.battlelancer.seriesguide.x
Shuttle+
	com.simplecity.amp_pro
Sliding Explorer
	com.ballerapps.slidingexplorer
SwiftKey
	com.touchtype.swiftkey
SwiftKey Beta
	com.touchtype.swiftkey.public.beta
Talon
	com.klinker.android.twitter
TeslaUnread Plugin
	com.teslacoilsw.notifier
Tiny White Icon Pack
	com.samanthaconner.tinywhite
WhatsApp+
	com.whatsapp
Notification Light Widget
	com.motorola.ledwidget

I must say that amongst these I did not have Kingsoft Office, Lightning Browser, Pushbullet, IMDb, Notes Reborn and Whatsapp+ installed ever since my last switch. They shouldn't be the problem but I still listed them above. Let's just say I lost about ~1h of screentime not running ART and would love to switch back without issues. I am aware of the recomendation of getting a logcat of when the device freezes but I am not versed on these shenanigans.

TL;DR: Need help to eliminate possible causes for freezing while running ART.

Thanks in advance.

hi..u can go into safe mode & check individual apps which may cause problem..read more about it here
h tt ps: / / motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69361/action/auth (remove gaps from the link)
hit thanks if i helped :p

Last edited:

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
hi..u can go into safe mode & check individual apps which may cause problem..read more about it here
h tt ps: / / motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69361/action/auth (remove gaps from the link)
hit thanks if i helped :p

Yeah I thought about that once but it's weird to troubleshoot for this one reason: it started happening out of no where a few weeks ago. I don't remember at all what I installed from then to now, or what could be the issue. I am trying at all costs not to factory reset it again.

prantik007

Feb 27, 2014
Yeah I thought about that once but it's weird to troubleshoot for this one reason: it started happening out of no where a few weeks ago. I don't remember at all what I installed from then to now, or what could be the issue. I am trying at all costs not to factory reset it again.

maybe some app which is not too compaitable with ART is causing the random freezes..just a guess..i'd be concerned with apps which keep running in the background & troubleshoot them

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
maybe some app which is not too compaitable with ART is causing the random freezes..just a guess..i'd be concerned with apps which keep running in the background & troubleshoot them

The freezes happened while doing basic stuff, such as pressing the back button on the navbar for no reason on the homescreen, setting the phone to vibrate, checking the battery stats. Y'know?