Any chance for MagazinUX like in TabPRO?

Search This thread

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
I'd like to ask GT-P7500 developers if there are any chance to have MagazinUX interface like in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2782580 ?

Not from me. Porting stock samsung apps to aosp roms is not easy. Samsung customizes android with mountains and mountains and even more mountains of additions. For better or for worse is up for debate but I'd argue for worse :cyclops: The name "Lagwiz" doesn't come from nowhere :cyclops:

The samsung apps then reference these additions. Someone would need to find those additions, extract them, and stuff them in the samsung app apk. Basically, the samsung apps apk are not standalone installers. Someone would need to put the effort to add the missing extras to these apks. Now I haven't seen the magazine ux, but if you want a more 4.0 ics launcher without the ugly dock at the bottom try nova launcher or adw.

Samsung has discontinued this tablet after only 1 update from honeycomb to ics. Talk about poor 1st party support. Bulls**t that "there's too little ram" or "the hardware's not capable". KitKat runs smoothly and can actually use live wallpapers. I've never been able to use live wallpaper without severe lag even back in honeycomb.

And lastly, this is a question thread not a development thread.

Reactions: jaibar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd like to ask GT-P7500 developers if there are any chance to have MagazinUX interface like in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2782580 ?

Not from me. Porting stock samsung apps to aosp roms is not easy. Samsung customizes android with mountains and mountains and even more mountains of additions. For better or for worse is up for debate but I'd argue for worse :cyclops: The name "Lagwiz" doesn't come from nowhere :cyclops:

The samsung apps then reference these additions. Someone would need to find those additions, extract them, and stuff them in the samsung app apk. Basically, the samsung apps apk are not standalone installers. Someone would need to put the effort to add the missing extras to these apks. Now I haven't seen the magazine ux, but if you want a more 4.0 ics launcher without the ugly dock at the bottom try nova launcher or adw.

Samsung has discontinued this tablet after only 1 update from honeycomb to ics. Talk about poor 1st party support. Bulls**t that "there's too little ram" or "the hardware's not capable". KitKat runs smoothly and can actually use live wallpapers. I've never been able to use live wallpaper without severe lag even back in honeycomb.

And lastly, this is a question thread not a development thread.