Zooming limitation in photos

Search This thread

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
Has anybody else noticed that you can zoom only up to a certain extent i pics, I guess only to 100% of thr pic size. Sometimes the photos are very hard to view so I need more zoom. I searched a lot and the only thing I found out is changing accessibility settings and tripple tapping to zoom. This isn't a real solution to the problem, as it's very ugly and not practical. Does anyone know any mod to enable more zooming?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

ryoung4316

Jan 5, 2014
Has anybody else noticed that you can zoom only up to a certain extent i pics, I guess only to 100% of thr pic size. Sometimes the photos are very hard to view so I need more zoom. I searched a lot and the only thing I found out is changing accessibility settings and tripple tapping to zoom. This isn't a real solution to the problem, as it's very ugly and not practical. Does anyone know any mod to enable more zooming?

Thats a good question! i was never impressed with the camera on the HTC One and let alone the zoom. I had to pull the photos off and use Adobe Photoshop to zoom to the level i needed for detail. Doubt this is what you want to do but, if worse comes to worse.

FYI - HTC work on a better camera on these phones:)

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
The way HTC handles zooming in the gallery is by it's resolution. In order to zoom in to a photo more is by using a 3rd party gallery

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Doesn't anyone understand there is no zoom? The so called zoom is the same as cropping, which is limited by the resolution. Lower megapixels = lower level of cropping before pixelation

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
Doesn't anyone understand there is no zoom? The so called zoom is the same as cropping, which is limited by the resolution. Lower megapixels = lower level of cropping before pixelation

I'm pretty sure he's referring to zooming to photos he has saved on his phone or photos he is viewing on Facebook. I realize these phones don't have zoom and only digital zoom which is essentially the same as cropping. What he is trying to do is trying to bypass the limitations that HTC implementated to the zooming level on the photos he is viewing

Reactions: elvisypi

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf

Did you ever read my question? I was pretty clear I am talking abour SAVED photos, not camera app. I have had many phones, but this is the first that limits the zooming so much, it's absurd. My old Sensation can zoom up to 300%. I think HTC had done this because of the ****ty resolution of the camera

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
Did you ever read my question? I was pretty clear I am talking abour SAVED photos, not camera app. I have had many phones, but this is the first that limits the zooming so much, it's absurd. My old Sensation can zoom up to 300%. I think HTC had done this because of the ****ty resolution of the camera

This limitation was set even before this phone with its ultrapixel camera. I believe it was implemented starting on the HTC one X series including the evo lte but I could be wrong. You can try aosp the zoom limitation isn't there

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to zooming to photos he has saved on his phone or photos he is viewing on Facebook. I realize these phones don't have zoom and only digital zoom which is essentially the same as cropping. What he is trying to do is trying to bypass the limitations that HTC implementated to the zooming level on the photos he is viewing