DHO's Vanir (Beta) for Maserati - Android version 4.3

Search This thread

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us

Hey I found the thread....
Thanks to ahjee for posting

Sooo updates!
I am testing out Vanir's alternate telephony today to help smooth out the 3G. It has worked for other devices
Made updates from the CM device tree

As for Keys,... this has been a VERY tough nut to crack. I have spent a couple hours on it,.. including the last few. It must be something in our config,.. but just not coming to light. I wish it threw an error in the log.

Reactions: rruleford

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
Could we possibly get a working/not working list? Thank u kindly dho

Sent from my XT894 using xda app-developers app

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
I haven't flashed this yet as this is my work phone so I need the stability and definitely the dialer to work. Lol once all works I want to try it out as I want the smoothest ROM running on my stuff. Thanks for your hard work!

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Thank you for your commitment, you could contact DHacker http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1555922, maybe he can help you solve the problem dialer and function keys.
He is compiling CM10.2, android 4.3, and corrected the problem of 3G.

Thanks, I have worked with David on a few small occasions.

I would like to find out how things are working now, since we did ALOT yesterday aimed at the D4.
As I mentioned, changed aimed at the radios and 3G transitions, new support for HW keys, and yes, yesterday's build included Dhacker's svdo change.

If things are not ideal, I would like to ask another dev with logs and fully up-to-date on the outstanding issues. But I am optimistic that we resolved a couple of them yesterday.

je2854

Oct 3, 2010
Houston, TX
Thanks, I have worked with David on a few small occasions.

I would like to find out how things are working now, since we did ALOT yesterday aimed at the D4.
As I mentioned, changed aimed at the radios and 3G transitions, new support for HW keys, and yes, yesterday's build included Dhacker's svdo change.

If things are not ideal, I would like to ask another dev with logs and fully up-to-date on the outstanding issues. But I am optimistic that we resolved a couple of them yesterday.

uhh so you are saying the D4 NOW has SVDO capabilities like the Thunderbolt and Rezound?

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
Since I have cm10.2 now on my stock ROM I think I shall give this a look.

je2854

Oct 3, 2010
Houston, TX
If I can believe the commits, support was added for it in CM's repo... to help with previously stated concerns I added it,

Manufactures should learn by now what we want and if we don't get it we will find a way!

As iam sure your aware still no hardware keys or dialer. Other than that not to shabby so far

You can always make the soft keys on screen that will never disappear like the Nexus does...

Reactions: DHO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OKay,... a nuke inspired keyboard fix is being deployed tonight.

Takes about 2 hours to build and start uploading 18 devices of nightlies :p
    http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/08-21-2013/

Here is a link to a great piece of work in progress.
    This thread is DHO approved, I personally asked if I could post a thread sharing his work for the D4 and he gave me the go.

I went ahead and asked DHO if he could tackle development for this device as I feel the Droid 4 lacks in the development scene in comparison to most phones. Being that he's an awesome guy. without hesitation he took the challenge and within a day he has a working build.
    It's the very very first build and his first time working on a device like this one so expect some minor and i mean MINOR bugs.
    As each build is released you'll see improvements with each one, this guy does great work. In my opinion he has the best AOSP rom for the i605 which is the device I have. I had asked him to make this for my girlfriend as she owns the D4.

If you download, find DHO and thank him. If you like the work, donate. If you do not enjoy the work, move on silently but still hit that "thanks" button cause he still took time to make it or y'all.

If you guy's are thankful, hit "thanks"...after all I payed and am going to continue to pay him for building for this device. (He absolutely did not ask for money, I just felt it was right to do so considering he is investing his time into another device when he already builds for like 15 others)

Changelog(s) - http://d-h-o.us/home/?p=363

Link to DHO's profile - http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2633294

Donate to DHO! - https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8d48a116ba977951b3435308b8c4dd4ef1
    Is it possible to get some info on the ROM and maybe screenshots? I have never heard of Vanir and tried googling and for some reason got nothing?

Sent from my DROID4 using xda app-developers app
    I will try to get screen shots and maybe more info when I have more time

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Problems still found in the night 09.05.2013:
    - Buttons (Menu, Home, Back and Search) do not work
    - Dialer does not work (hangs when pressing any number)
    - Virtual keyboard appears even using the physical keyboard.