Defected to S5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

knite75

Feb 16, 2012
Got an S5. Posted my Note 3 on eBay.

Played with S5 for 2 days. Canceled eBay listing. Returned S5 to store. Returned to Note 3.

Anyone almost defected?

I find the S5 very impressive. An abundant of awesome features.

But in the end, I missed the size of the Note.

Once go big, can't go any smaller :p

Reactions: azz72 and drshorty

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
Yeah a friend of mine got the S5 coming from a Note 2. The phone is about the same overall size and much smaller screen with larger bezels. I came from the S4 to the Note3 and the S5 would have been a nice jump from the S4 but not the Note 3. The only thing nicer is the isocell shooter. The 801 SoC is 2.5ghz but is 2.3ghz in every other phone. They really are the same chip just the S5's is actually overclocked. The gpu is the same as well just ours is clicked at 550mhz the S5 is at 578mhz. I don't need to buy a new phone to overclock my cpu and gpu. The new features likely will come to the Note 3 as well.

I was originally come on to post good luck with the S5, you may regret it. But it only took to2 days and already switched back lol

Last edited:

BableMan

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
Lol you do know that the photo is the same exact one that was used to show what the S5 was going to look like back in December. So that was wrong so now they are regurgitating that photo and using it to say that will be the new Note 4.

GoogleAndroid

Oct 2, 2010
I can JUMP on May 2nd, and I plan on getting the S5 and keeping it until the Note 4. The size will be weird, but I'm bored with the Note 3, and I want a waterproof phone.

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
The photo is a non issue for me. I linked because what the Samsung exec said..☺☺

BTW. I don't give a £u©k. What the phone looks like it will be my next. ?
Sent from my bad ass Kryon infused Note 3

jacqueline robert

Feb 5, 2014
London
Tm s5

Played with S5 for 2 days. Canceled eBay listing. Returned S5 to store. Returned to Note 3.

Anyone almost defected?

I bought the Tmobile S5 full retail, to keep unlimited data. The camera, display, and battery are the best available. Getting 7-8 hours of screen on time is a breath of fresh air!

motohip

Mar 1, 2010
Oxnard
www.motohip.net
I can JUMP on May 2nd, and I plan on getting the S5 and keeping it until the Note 4. The size will be weird, but I'm bored with the Note 3, and I want a waterproof phone.

I'm in the same boat as you and this is sort of my plan as well. I'm just torn between the two phones. I'm not sure if I'll miss the size. I guess it's only for a few months until the Note 4 comes out if I do regret it.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
I bought the Tmobile S5 full retail, to keep unlimited data. The camera, display, and battery are the best available. Getting 7-8 hours of screen on time is a breath of fresh air!

I'm averaging 9 hours of screen time per charge. I've gotten as much as 11 hours and never less then 7 hours of screen time with my Note 3. The S5 is nice but overall I still don't think it's as good as the Note 3. The Note 3's real competition with be the lg g3, the lg g pro 2 or the Note 4. The sd 800 and 801 are the same chip really just the 801 is overclocked and I can overclock the Note 3.

jacqueline robert

Feb 5, 2014
London

Anyone almost defected?

Yeah a friend of mine got the S5 coming from a Note 2. The phone is about the same overall size and much smaller screen with larger bezels. I came from the S4 to the Note3 and the S5 would have been a nice jump from the S4 but not the Note 3. The only thing nicer is the isocell shooter. The 801 SoC is 2.5ghz but is 2.3ghz in every other phone. They really are the same chip just the S5's is actually overclocked. The gpu is the same as well just ours is clicked at 550mhz the S5 is at 578mhz. I don't need to buy a new phone to overclock my cpu and gpu. The new features likely will come to the Note 3 as well.

I was originally come on to post good luck with the S5, you may regret it. But it only took to2 days and already switched back lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Anyone almost defected?

I get that on my note 3 with over a day of battery life just fine. Tweak your phone right and it lasts a long time.