[THEME] Cobalt Theme for IceColdSandwich 7.0 AOKP

Search This thread

123SIT

Oct 4, 2007
Greenville, NC
Description: I had a request from master reiki over on Rootz to port the Cobalt theme over to the Desire HD. I did so and had him test it and so here it is. I'll continue to keep this updated as long as there is demand.

Contents: framework-res.apk, settings.apk, romcontrol.apk and systemui.apk have been themed. Status bar tinting was also removed. Weather added to status bar.

dustinb17 for the original Cobalt theme
mastersjef for Steel Blue theme parts
chopperthedog for the idea of the little G above the signal meter
Detonation for the data/signal separation mod
MrDSL for the 3G, 4G, 1X, data in/out graphics, media and some other toggles for the THS version
roman and his devs for AOKP
sbrissen, jt and all the other countless devs who make all of these things possible.
UrbanLegendary for the weather in the status bar.

Disclaimer: Not responsible if your phone messes up, if your dog runs away or if your spouse leaves you. Thanks

Screenshots:
Screenshot_2012-04-08-21-11-46.png

Screenshot_2012-04-08-21-12-00.png

Screenshot_2012-04-08-21-12-56.png

Download Link:
http://www.fypm.net/themes/AOKP-DesireHD-CobaltPort.zip

Last edited:

master reiki

Nov 22, 2011
ängelholm
Now we talking!

Finaly we see some themes onto ower device.. now we have two xD better then zero!

Thanks and good luck!

And for the rest.. Enjoy!

123SIT

Oct 4, 2007
Greenville, NC
do you know the height (in pixels) of the statusbar? would be awesome to make some custom statusbar backgrounds and simply add them into wallpapers :rolleyes:

30 pixels, another (and probably the preferred) method would be to use zipthemer to change status_bar_bg_tile.png which is the file responsible for the statusbar image located in SystemUI.apk. Easier than modifying multiple walls as well.

Last edited:

K Dotty

Nov 28, 2010
London
30 pixels, another (and probably the preferred) method would be to use zipthemer to change status_bar_bg_tile.png which is the file responsible for the statusbar image. Easier than modifying multiple walls as well.

I tried that and anytime I changed it, nothing happened :confused: I'll keep at it until it works

Beamed from my AOKP'd up Desirable HD

123SIT

Oct 4, 2007
Greenville, NC
I tried that and anytime I changed it, nothing happened :confused: I'll keep at it until it works

Try it again, I made the proper edits so that the SystemUI.apk actually looks for that file, otherwise you are correct it wouldn't work. drawables.xml in the values folder of a decompiled SystemUI.apk has to be edited to make use of the aforementioned png file. :D

Reactions: K Dotty

K Dotty

Nov 28, 2010
London
Try it again, I made the proper edits so that the SystemUI.apk actually looks for that file, otherwise you are correct it wouldn't work. drawables.xml in the values folder of a decompiled SystemUI.apk has to be edited to make use of the aforementioned png file. :D

What drawable did you change? That's all that's bugging me lol. Everything else works fine :rolleyes:

EDIT: Think i found it :rolleyes:

Code:
<drawable name="status_bar_background">@drawable/status_bar_bg_tile</drawable>

Last edited:

123SIT

Oct 4, 2007
Greenville, NC
lol im trying to change the status bar background

Gotcha, thats the one you put in the post above. By default its a color (black). I edited it to point to that file. You can update that file with zipthemer with a file of your liking or you can decompile the systemui.apk and edit that line to point to another file. Thanks for clarifiying.

Reactions: K Dotty

K Dotty

Nov 28, 2010
London
Gotcha, thats the one you put in the post above. By default its a color (black). I edited it to point to that file. You can update that file with zipthemer with a file of your liking or you can decompile the systemui.apk and edit that line to point to another file. Thanks for clarifiying.

No matter what i do, the status bar just keeps dissapearing :mad:. Even after setting the correct permissions. I attatched my apk below because this is driving me nuts

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

K Dotty

Nov 28, 2010
London
By disappearing, do you means transparent? Is transparency on for statusbar in Rom Control? Also, is that an apk you modified and if so what did you modify?

The whole status bar is gone so I can't see any signal, battery or notifications. In that apk I just tried add the line for the status bar to look for the PNG instead of the hex color (black). Its got a few other mods like carrier logo and some custom icons but I haven't really touched any other .XML files. I think it would be best if I started with a fresh (stock) apk and try again so I'll do that lol. I just hadn't slept for 37 hours :rolleyes:

EDIT:

OMG OMGABCDEFG
Its because i forgot to copy the META-INF folder into the new apk -_-. Lack of sleep is a bad thing

Feel like a newwbb, Cant thank you enough

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts