48 posts
Thanks Meter: 181

By jeff_kz, Member on 10th December 2012, 04:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2013, 03:59 PM |#121  
Flag Varna
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Any idea how to use another keyboard? Installed https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...keyboard&hl=bg but without any success, because i dont have Settings/Locale & text

27th January 2013, 05:08 PM |#122  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by achkar

Any idea how to use another keyboard? Installed https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...keyboard&hl=bg but without any success, because i dont have Settings/Locale & text

1. get 'org.apelikecoder.bulgariankeyboard' apk from /data/app/ (?) or somewhere else on the Internet.
2. uninstall 'org.apelikecoder.bulgariankeyboard' from your NST if you have installed it in the first place.
2. put "org.apelikecoder.bulgariankeyboard.apk" in /system/app/ using some file manager that can get root permissions like "rhytm file manager" [enable 'mount system ...' in options']
3. reboot
4. install "nook color tools" apk
5. select 'bulgariankeyboard' in 'nook color tools'
6. post results
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osowiecki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift osowiecki Ad-Free
28th January 2013, 01:43 AM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does disabling B&N app mean that I can't access the Nook library (n button > Library)?

I'm just trying to install Cool Reader to better read my books (no GApps or ADW necessary). Tried the Glownooter route with Nook 1.1.5 and it got stuck at the Read Forever screen. Updated to 1.2.1 + Glownooter > Android but the CoodReader app can't refresh properly (no partial refresh, always black screen refresh) for some reason.

I'm now back to B&N stock and I'm wondering if using this would lead to a functional Cool Reader app with partial refresh.
28th January 2013, 10:38 AM |#124  
Flag Varna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki

1. get 'org.apelikecoder.bulgariankeyboard' apk from /data/app/ (?) or somewhere else on the Internet.
2. uninstall 'org.apelikecoder.bulgariankeyboard' from your NST if you have installed it in the first place.
2. put "org.apelikecoder.bulgariankeyboard.apk" in /system/app/ using some file manager that can get root permissions like "rhytm file manager" [enable 'mount system ...' in options']
3. reboot
4. install "nook color tools" apk
5. select 'bulgariankeyboard' in 'nook color tools'
6. post results

Genius! Thank you!
29th January 2013, 10:08 PM |#125  

More
Stupid question - I rooted using the directions in the first post - when I open the installed browser - and say point to google.com - All I get is a blank page. Did I miss something?

sam
2nd February 2013, 03:23 AM |#126  
Flag Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hey there. Just rooted using your method and it worked flawlessly. This was the only root method that I could get to work. There doesn't seem to be too many ways to go about it if you have updated to 1.2.1. A few questions.

Is there a way to put a home button on the status bar? Something that will take you directly back to ReLaunch?

Is there a way to move the status bar to the bottom of the screen?

Can you make the favorite apps section the default section that shows instead of the sd card explorer menu that is the current default?

Great work on Nook Manager by the way!
3rd February 2013, 10:55 PM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have a question, is there a way to keep nook stock library and reader but remove the rest of the B&N apps?
7th February 2013, 06:06 AM |#128  
Capital City
Thanks Meter: 11

More
You can do it manually by renaming or deleting apps from /system/app folder using file manager with root access features(Root Explorer, for example).

Here is a list of apps that are presumably safe to delete: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=15
8th February 2013, 09:27 PM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi guys,

I'd like to use the graphical rooter, is all the info with updates on the first post?

Thanks!
14th February 2013, 01:20 PM |#130  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 533

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbal

Hi guys,

I'd like to use the graphical rooter, is all the info with updates on the first post?

Thanks!

Yes. It's updated.
22nd February 2013, 12:12 PM |#131  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Re: [Root] NookManager - graphical rooter for 1.2.x and beyond
Great job. It worked flawlessly on my 1.2.1 NST.

Is there a way to restore default behavior for Home/Library screen buttons? I mean to get back the launcher selection window (Home/Relauncher for instance). It's quite easy on my Android phone but cannot find how on the NST.

Thanks in advance.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)