FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,610 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,955

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th February 2016, 05:33 PM |#521  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Looks like 2016 will hold a lot of script breakage and rewrites:
https://plus.google.com/+OpengappsOrg/posts/FJ2v1kNxzHV

I'm already noticing some weirdness with sed not working at all like it should on my N7 2013.

PSA: While we wait for Android N to resolve the broken toybox sed, etc. messing up su.d script execution, there is a workaround for systemless root once you have busybox installed to /su/xbin:
Code:
su -c "ln -s /su/xbin/busybox /su/bin/sed"
That can be repeated for any other commands we find to be acting oddly in the meantime. You may need to remount /su rw first depending on your setup.

I have also uploaded a fix for adb+fastboot Installer to the OP. I found that the HOME=/sdcard override on the adb command line wasn't necessarily working, so I added it into the wrapper script as an export command instead.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th February 2016, 11:17 PM |#522  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 7,360

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

PSA: While we wait for Android N to resolve the broken toybox sed, etc. messing up su.d script execution, there is a workaround for systemless root once you have busybox installed to /su/xbin:

Code:
su -c "ln -s /su/xbin/busybox /su/bin/sed"
That can be repeated for any other commands we find to be acting oddly in the meantime. You may need to remount /su rw first depending on your setup.

I have also uploaded a fix for adb+fastboot Installer to the OP. I found that the HOME=/sdcard override on the adb command line wasn't necessarily working, so I added it into the wrapper script as an export command instead.

What version of toybox are you using? I don't seem to have this issue.

Quote:

[email protected]:/ # echo "blah" | toybox sed "s/blah/test/";
test

5th February 2016, 02:00 AM |#523  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

What version of toybox are you using? I don't seem to have this issue.

It was an issue in the version shipped by Google with 6.0 and 6.0.1, I was told by a Googler that they likely wouldn't be fixing it until N since it's not a security issue.

Are you on Stock ROM?

Edit: It's only broken on 32bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2016, 11:50 PM |#524  
Flag Gelnica
Thanks Meter: 348

More
Quote:

Please upload the combined log like I asked?

Unfortunately, it sounds like those permissions issues I was talking about breaking the apps. Marshmallow is probably out of the question for now unless that can be worked around. I know the Open GApps guys are working on it currently so I'll wait on their lead.

sorry for that long rtime without answer, but last time it messed up my rom and duties and school deny me to try it again, i did backup (yeah i was stupid last time) and i'll try it again and upload all logs. But last time there wasn't any combined log, just that one, that says about apps and versions. where can I find it?
6th February 2016, 07:02 AM |#525  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domicq

sorry for that long rtime without answer, but last time it messed up my rom and duties and school deny me to try it again, i did backup (yeah i was stupid last time) and i'll try it again and upload all logs. But last time there wasn't any combined log, just that one, that says about apps and versions. where can I find it?

That's the one. Leave it alone until after several reboots, then put it on pastebin.com for me. Thanks for the help!
6th February 2016, 09:33 AM |#526  
Flag Gelnica

More
Quote:

That's the one. Leave it alone until after several reboots, then put it on pastebin.com for me. Thanks for the help!

and it won't after next reboot overwrite?
The Following User Says Thank You to domicq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift domicq Ad-Free
6th February 2016, 11:11 AM |#527  
Flag Gelnica

More
Quote:

http://pastebin.com/npWMTUYz

After first reboot issues with maps, optimalizing 7(or 8) apps, force cloae of com.Google.Process.gapps

Second and every other still same issue with maps, force close and sometimes gms core too, optalizing of 13 apps everytime I reboot

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to domicq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift domicq Ad-Free
6th February 2016, 11:35 AM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
@osm0sis I know this is out of scope for this thread but I also know you're a great scripter. I finally found Cron script that works 200%
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2700146
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slimcyril For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slimcyril Ad-Free
6th February 2016, 11:40 AM |#529  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

http://pastebin.com/npWMTUYz

After first reboot issues with maps, optimalizing 7(or 8) apps, force cloae of com.Google.Process.gapps

Second and every other still same issue with maps, force close and sometimes gms core too, optalizing of 13 apps everytime I reboot

Code:
/data/app/com.google.android.gm-1 /system/app/PrebuiltGmail /system/priv-app/PrebuiltGmsCore	 (58082481 > )
/data/app/com.google.android.gms-1
Aha! Here's one issue.. Looks like it's crossing over GMail and GMS (Google Play services) because of the similar package names. I'll see what I can figure out. I think I can fix that.
6th February 2016, 04:43 PM |#530  
Flag Gelnica

More
Quote:

Code:
/data/app/com.google.android.gm-1 /system/app/PrebuiltGmail /system/priv-app/PrebuiltGmsCore (58082481 > )
/data/app/com.google.android.gms-1
Aha! Here's one issue.. Looks like it's crossing over GMail and GMS (Google Play services) because of the similar package names. I'll see what I can figure out. I think I can fix that.

And another force close of maps and photos?
It's problem just with permissions?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
6th February 2016, 10:08 PM |#531  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

And another force close of maps and photos?
It's problem just with permissions?

No, like I said it was integrating GMail and GMS wrong.

Change:
Code:
  sysapk=`grep "updated-package name=\"$package" $xml | grep -o 'codePath=.*$' | cut -d\" -f2`;
To:
Code:
  sysapk=`grep "updated-package name=\"$package\"" $xml | grep -o 'codePath=.*$' | cut -d\" -f2`;
And try again. Let me know if it helps with any of what you were seeing and please post another log. Thanks in advance @domicq.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)