Wallpaper! Wallpaper! Wallpaper!

Search This thread

QuadLight

Feb 11, 2008
0019.jpg
0010.jpg

run standart gallery. select all picture area. set as wallpaper.

cwizardtx

May 22, 2009
Houston
Once you guys get 3.1 you'll understand the cropping better.

Imagine a big fat plus sign over the image... because its cropping for landscape and portrait views at the same time.

Juzman

May 4, 2011
Townsville
justynsmith.info
I've tried using some of the images in this thread. When I try and set it as a wallpaper, I "crop" the image as big as I can get it. When my wallpaper is applied it's zoomed in though.

Any ideas how to get the wallpaper the exact same as the image?

Alxaro

Feb 28, 2011
I've tried using some of the images in this thread. When I try and set it as a wallpaper, I "crop" the image as big as I can get it. When my wallpaper is applied it's zoomed in though.

It has to be zoomed to allow for scrolling wallpaper when switching homescreens.

I'm more annoyed at the quality of the wallpaper once it is set, it is not a very sharp image, not like when viewed with clear.fi for instance.

calvin_sy

Sep 8, 2007

Try turning your tablet to portrait mode... notice how your wallpaper looks OK now. As poster said above it crops for both portrait and landscape, not sure how to get the tree one to display properly in landscape.

Currently using this one http://desktopia.net/abstract-art/brown-wood-desktop-wallpaper

Last edited:

Maliacrete

Jun 11, 2009
Basel

I think I have solution to your problem at least when it comes to direct download of wallpapers.

a) Look above in the forum and find the post from bhageman about his dark wood wallpaper.
b) now open this xda page with your iconia not the pc.
c) find the post of bhageman and download the link with the darkwood
d) once the download is complete, open the dark wood wallpaper (iconia)
e) long press the screen and it will give you the option "set as wallpaper"

when you set it you will see that the quality is perfect.

Maliacrete

Jun 11, 2009
Basel
I forgot to say that if you change the wallpaper, and you try to put it back again via the gallery, the quality will not be the same (worse). You need to go back to the download link and follow the above mentioned procedure so you can ge the best quality.... thats why I have put this thread under my bookmarks..

internetpilot

Jan 26, 2011
Ponte Vedra, FL
Thanks for these wallpapers!

Beautiful Widgets is also an excellent clock/weather app (although it's not free). They even offer the weather animations like the HTC SenseUI widgets. They also offer a wonderful Live Wallpaper that shows an animated scene of your local weather forecast. Very customizable and "theme-able". Coming from a SenseUI HTC Evo 4G phone, I was sorely missing the clock/weather widgets, and Beautiful Widgets definitely resolved that.

I've attached some example pics.

Attachments

• screen_20110607_1541.jpg
    screen_20110607_1541.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 389
  • screen_20110607_1559.jpg
    screen_20110607_1559.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 375
  • screen_20110607_1600.jpg
    screen_20110607_1600.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 321
  • screen_20110607_1609.jpg
    screen_20110607_1609.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 333

gasparzim

Feb 10, 2011
Somwhere over the Rainbow
I think I have solution to your problem at least when it comes to direct download of wallpapers.

a) Look above in the forum and find the post from bhageman about his dark wood wallpaper.

Hmm, am I missing something here?
When I try this method, all I get is an error page with a frog in an ice cube :confused:

Maliacrete

Jun 11, 2009
Basel
When I try this method, all I get is an error page with a frog in an ice cube :confused:[/QUOTE

You need to add this link to your web browser in your iconia: http://zygat3r.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Wood-58266349

When the page opens, tap on the dark wood wallpaper to download it. It will show on the left bottom of your Iconia. Open the downloaded wallpaper and press on it. When you get the options press "add as a wallpaper".

Hope this helps

Maliacrete

Jun 11, 2009
Basel
When I try this method, all I get is an error page with a frog in an ice cube :confused:[/QUOTE

You need to add this link to your web browser in your iconia: http://zygat3r.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Wood-58266349

When the page opens, tap on the dark wood wallpaper to download it. It will show on the left bottom of your Iconia. Open the downloaded wallpaper and press on it. When you get the options press "add as a wallpaper".

Hope this helps

I forgot to say, when you land on the webpage with the darkwood wallpaper you must choose the resolution of the wallpaper. You need to choose 1280x800. By choosing this you will be directed to the download link. enjoy.

gasparzim

Feb 10, 2011
Somwhere over the Rainbow

Juzman

May 4, 2011
Townsville
justynsmith.info

Thanks! 2560x1440 seems the best one to use. Worked perfectly.

imonfire1358

May 7, 2011
Columbus
Would someone please direct me to the thread on how to properly install the "beer with lime" live wallpaper on my I500. I have downloaded the .apk file to my desktop on my PC. Can I simply connect the tablet to the PC and move the file there and install? I know, noob question, just looking for a little help. I really love the idea of these wallpapers...

wbmason1

Jun 29, 2010
Does anyone know where I can get the default wallpapers that came on the A500 3.01? I had a beach one that I LOVED and now I can't find it! =(

Any help would be appreciated!!

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane

How did you download the files?

Make sure the images are 1920x1408.

When you go to the Picasa link in the first post, select the image you would like, then click download (tool bar above the pic).

Hi,

I am having the same issue, I have ADW launcher and when i try to apply the wallpaper i have to crop the wallpaper and a lot of it is cut out!

I have downloaded them the way that you suggested and the images are sized at 1920*1408...

can I ask how you came up with that size?

MG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The land of Honeycomb wallpapers is not heavily populated at the moment. There are bits and pieces scattered about out there, but I thought I might be handy to have a central place to keep some.

I am finding that 1920x1408 is the best size for wallpaper on my Iconia.

Attached a some that I have collected from all over the place. I cannot take credit for this work. Full credit must be given to those smart folk out there who created this work and were kind enough to share it. THANKS!

**Note: Images from this post and the next post can be downloaded from here.

By the way, so as to avoid posts blowing out to enormous sizes, if you would like to share your wallpaper (and I encourage you to do so :))
    please use the 'attach' feature so that a thumbnail is displayed rather than inserting/embedding the full size image.
    A zipped file of the high res copy, or a link to an image sharing site is also handy for people to download.
    More wallpapers ...

Maybe I find some more good ones tmw. Enjoy and remember it never hurts to hit the thankyou button.
    OK, I dug into my wallpaper collection and picked a few goodies. I have resized them according to the original posters suggestion of 1920 x 1408 pixels. Some were downsized, some were upscaled, I tried my best to maintain proportions and aesthetics by some smart cropping were it was applicable.

Enjoy. There should be something for everyone.

Copyrightwise this it free commons stuff (free of rights). It has been grabbed mainly from artists subscribing to this free commons on Deviantart or on 4chans /wallpaper section. I hope the forum will not make any image dimension changes.

If you want to quickly grab them all in a piece download the archive here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16907038/walls iconia/walls iconia.rar
    More of the same