How to ROOT Galaxy Note 10.1 3G/Wifi! [N8000/N8013/N8010]

Search This thread

cashys

Mar 12, 2012
Hey guys

I dont see any download links.. Where are they ?

Edit : Found it !!!

Last edited:

LamerMmc

Oct 24, 2012
Thanks works on my N8010 with these steps:
:):):)

if you are still getting the stock recovery 3e follow these steps :

1. When flashing CWM through odin untick the "Auto Reboot" option within Odin.
2. Flash CWM.
3. When done , press power & volume up ( the one apart from power button ) until the Samsung logo appears, then leave both buttons.
4. CWM will appear.
5. Choose "Reboot System now "
6. You will get a new screen with an option mentioning something like " disable bla bla bla " ( can`t remember the exact words ) , press it & reboot.
7. Now if you get back to pressing power & volume up you will have a permanent CWM.

Then you can install root through CWM. :)

Krato§

May 14, 2012
i have buyed a german note 10.1 3g from amazon. it already has 4.1.1 can i use methode 2 without any problems?

goodwinod

Jun 21, 2011
triangle away

Does anyone find out yet if you can use Triangle Away to decrease the flash counter? I really need to make a presentation with the dongle. It doesn't work now. If not, what other ROMs can I use that are compatible with Triangle Away.
Thanks.

My dongle arrived today and initially, I coukd not get it running. Triangle away did not help.

I flashed the current stock rom from sammobile with Mobile Odin, using the Everroot and SU inject features of the pro version.

Data was kept and after flashing, the Allcast Share Dongle worked.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

aletheus

Oct 13, 2011
My dongle arrived today and initially, I coukd not get it running. Triangle away did not help.

I flashed the current stock rom from sammobile with Mobile Odin, using tge Everroot and SU inject features of tge pro version.

Data was kept and after flashing, the Allcast Share Dongle worked.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk 2

Is the dongle a wireless device? Or wired?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium HD app

WitchMX

Feb 2, 2011
I try to root using the CWM method but when I came to the point where I had to flash the CMW SuperSU the message was thrown by CWM:

E: Failed to Verify whole-file signature
E: Signature verification failed

EDIT: NEVERMIND my stupidity. Stock recovery had overwritten CWM but it all ok now, root has been successful

Another question. Everytime I reboot or turn off the tablet, is stock recovery going to overwrite CMW?

Last edited:
New Firmware causing problems?

I was stuck in download mode. I have flashed the custom recovery three times but always end up with only Android recovery. Mine is brand new...I'n giving up on trying to root it, too bad there aren't custom roms for the 8013.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Mine appears to flash the custom recovery in Odin but never will boot to CWM like all four of my other phones would. ...All it goes to is stock recovery. Tried it three times, redownloaded the recovery file. PIA officially. Its my Wife's device so I'm done messing with it.

2. Flash CWM.
3. When done , press power & volume up ( the one apart from power button ) until the Samsung logo appears, then leave both buttons.
4. CWM will appear.
6. You will get a new screen with an option mentioning something like " disable bla bla bla " ( can`t remember the exact words ) , press it & reboot.
7. Now if you get back to pressing power & volume up you will have a permanent CWM.

Then you can install root through CWM. :)

First, thanks lsherif - this fixed my difficulties too.

I'm wondering if this is a problem with newer firmware. It doesn't seem to have been occurring to people at first. I have IMM76D-N8013UEALI3 if that helps you figure it out for other people.

Neil

PS: Looks like my sig is out of date. My son inherited my TF101 when I got the note. My phone is now GS3 with Verizon LTE. It screams. My infuse is now my GPS.

aletheus

Oct 13, 2011
I try to root using the CWM method but when I came to the point where I had to flash the CMW SuperSU the message was thrown by CWM:

E: Failed to Verify whole-file signature
E: Signature verification failed

EDIT: NEVERMIND my stupidity. Stock recovery had overwritten CWM but it all ok now, root has been successful

Another question. Everytime I reboot or turn off the tablet, is stock recovery going to overwrite CMW?

Not if you uncheck "restart after flash" or whatever in ODIN. Then manually restart the tablet after.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

WitchMX

Feb 2, 2011
Not if you uncheck "restart after flash" or whatever in ODIN. Then manually restart the tablet after.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Isherif wrote it before. Like you said,

- Inject CWM using Odin and uncheck Auto Reboot.
- Then Go manually to CWM by pressing Power Button + Vol Up, release both buttons when the Note 10.1 logo appears.
-Once you are in CWM go to Reboot system, and there you will see the option " Disable Flash Recovery", hit that.

With this stock recovery will stop overwriting CWM when rebooting.

Thanks to Isherif for this tip

technut

May 6, 2007
TAMPA,FL
Yes..but you cant install cwm on this method...i think... havent tried the exynos method yet.. any one verfy??

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

You install the cwm through odin after the exynos and make sure to un-check auto restart then after you flash it re-boot the tab for the first time into CWM Via the power/volume button method and then it sticks.I found this info in another thread but I forget where it was.

kenloon2009

Feb 9, 2009
my device region Asia (N8000) and just flash german jb official rom (N8000OXABLJ9).. can i use method 2 to root the german jb official rom because my device is ran out of space???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please goto rootgalaxynote.com for details, sorry I had to delete my content here.
    Hi... I'm folowing the steps, but can't root my device. I'm using a CWM-SuperSU-v0.94 root metod. Device connects to Odin, i'm flashing the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip with Odin, and I after I'm rebooting in recovery, I still see the stock revovery... What I do wrong? I'm folowing all the steps, watched the video, doing everything like in video.
    Device is
    Galaxy Note..........10.1
    Model Number.......GT-N8000
    Android Version.....4.1.2.
    Baseband version...N8000XXCLL1
    Kernel version........3.0.31 - 1446185
    ............................dpi@DELL234 # 1
    ............................SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 22 17:30:43 KST 2013
    Build number.........JZO54K.N8000XXCMJ2

Please Help

I've been facing this problem myself this week. I found another post about this issue, and followed it, though I can't find it again. But here are the steps
    1. Before you flash the recovery, uncheck "Auto Reboot" in Odin (or use the --no-reboot switch for heimdall).
    2. Once it's done flashing, reboot straight into recovery by holding the volume up (farthest from power) and the power button (all while the "download" screen is still up).
    3. Release the power button when the splash screen comes up, but continue holding the volume button.
    4. Release the volume button once the recovery comes up.
    I was told that when rebooting after from the first installation using Odin, the tablet recovers the stock recovery (overwriting the custom recovery).

This was very frustrating for me before I came across that post. I think I installed CMW or TWRP a total of 10 times before I found the fix.
    reserved

reserved
    I was successful in rooting the 10.1 (N8013), But i've noticed that when i use the CWM recovery, i have actually purchased a premium app to show support. When i reboots it goes into the android recovery. So with your initial instructions i did the CWM recovery mode from odin and reboot manually. So now if i want to do custom rom flashed i have to do it though odin as well? Can i use GOO app or the CWM paid app?

Much appreciate you input, i will be ever so great ful.

Sincerely,

Just follow the below steps :

2. Flash CWM.
    4. CWM will appear.
    6. You will get a new screen with an option mentioning something like " disable flash recovery , press it & reboot.

Then you can install root through CWM.:)
    For development, I need both so I can testing everything, I don't want to see people bricking their $500-600 tablets because I didn't test it first.