[APP] LG Quickwindow for AOSP ROMs [ALPHA]

Search This thread

tstretch

Jan 20, 2009
Check out the app called QuickCircle. Its made for the g3, but has a g2 mode that works I think.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

niels72

May 24, 2009
Hoorn
Now if this feature is working that would make CM complete for me. I tried it but didn't work. Anybody got it working on snapshot CM9?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D802 met Tapatalk

antwnic4

Mar 5, 2015
Any chance that there is an updated version of this for the latests cm builds or something similar?

Thanks

igos2

Jul 2, 2012
Hi, how the G2 know when I open or close the cover ? cause I ordered a non geniun cover and nothing happen when I close it, on stock rom quickwindow function and also with this app. What sonsor the original cover trigger and what mine don't ? I can modify it .

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Hi, how the G2 know when I open or close the cover ? cause I ordered a non geniun cover and nothing happen when I close it, on stock rom quickwindow function and also with this app. What sonsor the original cover trigger and what mine don't ? I can modify it .

The OEM case relies on a magnet that might have a different position on a non genuine case, or the non genuine case might have no magnets in it.

Sent From Capsule Corp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to have my Quick window case working with CM11 based roms so I went to work. I found Alex Burka's "Hall Monitor" app for the Galaxy S4 and figured that it would be a great starting point for our device. I ran into problems because the way Hall Monitor works is by receiving changes in the proximity sensor and then verifying that the Hall Effect sensor has changed states. On the LG G2, the window case doesn't trigger the proximity sensor when it closes and thus causes that method to fail. I decided to change it to use the light sensor instead and it seems to work pretty well. I also had to edit the app to point to the right place to check for the state of our hall sensor and the dimensions to match our window vs the S4's.

I haven't done extensive testing on this app yet but I figured there are a lot of others that want this feature and can help test it. I still need to modify the layout of the alarm snooze / dismiss buttons and the phone answer / hangup buttons, so you may want to hold off on using those features. The screenshot shows the torch feature enabled in the window and that seems to work.

Features:
    • Close case and the clock comes up for 10 seconds (adjustable) and then phone locks and sleeps.
    • Open case and the phone wakes and the lockscreen appears (I haven't gotten it to unlock it yet).
    • Background color picker
    • Clock text color picker
    • Torch button in window
    • Alarm dismiss / snooze (WIP)
    • Phone Answer / Decline (WIP)
    • Pick custom music widget (WIP)
    • Use your own widget for window instead of the default (WIP)

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU, OR THIS APP, CAUSE TO YOUR PHONE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Screenshots:
    hneq.png

4v97.png

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the apk and install it like any other apk.
    2. Open the app and check the "Enable" checkbox and be sure to grant it the device administrator rights when prompted.
    3. Check the "Root Enable" box and grant it root permissions.
    4. Profit!

I tested this application with root so I don't know what issues you may run into if you don't grant it root. The device administrator permission is necessary for it to interact with the lock screen. This is my first attempt at modifying an Android application so be gentle.

Special thanks to Alex Burka for creating the Hall Monitor application and sharing his code!

Enjoy!!

Download: Hall Monitor 0.0.2a for G2
    It's setup for the default dpi of 480 but I will try to make a few versions for different dpi's, later.
    Testing now. Thanks. Trying now. Will report what I find.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
    Updated to the lastest cm nightly, and Hall monitor seems functional again!
    Has anybody a suggestion to get quick circle or quick window running on D802 with Marshmallow or Nougat ROM?