how to get kernel on the stock rom

Search This thread

WizardMage

Apr 13, 2011
Guys, i downloaded a full stock rom.. I only want to flash a kernel.. how to do that? I renamed the whole rom "I9205XXUAMH2_I9205OLBAMH1_I9205XXUAMG5_HOME.tar" to just "boot.img.tar" then flashed it using odin "PDA", however, it is flashing the whole ROM..

pls advise....

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
Guys, i downloaded a full stock rom.. I only want to flash a kernel.. how to do that? I renamed the whole rom "I9205XXUAMH2_I9205OLBAMH1_I9205XXUAMG5_HOME.tar" to just "boot.img.tar" then flashed it using odin "PDA", however, it is flashing the whole ROM..

pls advise....

You have to extract the "boot.img" file from the whole ROM using Winrar for example. Then archive it into a tar file in order to load it using odin. I use linux to do that and have not tried it on windows so I cannot comment how to do it on windows.

Good luck!

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon

pls advise....
If you can extract the boot.img file out of that rom and put the boot.img file, might have to winzip it first and upload it as an attachment i will convert it to a tar file for you if you like, or give me a link to the rom. :)

Last edited: