Nexus 7 In Dash 07 Jeep GC

Search This thread

ray.chouinard

Mar 11, 2014
For those of you interested here are some pics, parts and prices for a complete radio replacement with a nexus 7 tablet.

I first installed a fold out radio and hooked by phone up via MHL - RCA converter. Worked ok but was a pain in the *** to have my phone hooked up all the time. So i decided to take radio back and do a nexus 7 install

I bought the 2nd Gen Nexus first but after having a 2 week head ache getting it to work right i just bought a 1st Gen for the Car. Also had a 12v to 5v Step Down micro Usb cable for power but that didnt work so i said F it and did the hacky USB adapter method

Also had some glue and velcro straps lying around so you wont see a part list or cost for that. I basically cut some and glued them to the dash kit. RCA volume control and USB Stick is mounted inside the little storage by the shifter. I got a small amp from my friend so didnt have to buy that either

My original plan was to Cut the stock bezel to fit the nexus but i can't cut **** straight so decided to spend some cash on new bezel

Part List and Cost

In attached Txt File (Cannot post Links)
Total cost. BTW I have amazon prime so my prices might be cheaper

Jeep Related Cost (Dash Kit,amp wiring bypass & Bezel)
$216.43

Nexus 7
$160.99

Everything Else
$141.66

$519

How Everything is hooked up

1. Bypass amp wire kit runs from stock amp all the way up to where the head until should of been.
2. New amp is wired to the bypass harness. I have Remote wire ran into the fuse box for ACC Key. Amp is located in Radio Opening
3. Amp RCA is hooked to RCA Volume Control.
4. RCA Volume Control Hooked to USB Audio Interface
5. USB Audio Interface Plugged in via USB to the HUB
6. HUB has extension Cable Plugged into USB Card Reader
7. OTG Cable is plugged into 90 degree Elbow, USB Power, and USB Hub
8. Nexus 7 Rooted with Timur Custom Car Rom

View attachment 2625352

View attachment 2625353

View attachment 2625355

View attachment 2625356

View attachment 2625357

View attachment 2625358

View attachment 2625359