Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
0heEu4S.jpg

You flash this rom at your own risk,
i take no responsibility for any mishaps.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below
WETA 5x TELEGRAM CHANNEL

This here is my personal setup and thought i'd share. Usually i test extensively before releasing to public, but if you do find something detrimental to the usage of your device that is either Force Closing or simply not working, let me know and i will in turn inform whether that is something i will tend to.

WETA is made for Music geeks like me, its main focus is stability and Audio. It is Based off latest firmware currently, and will always be using the most up to date firmware base.

Audio mods...

A.R.I.S.E Numbers and Deuteronomy with Dolby Atmos
(Credit to @guitardedhero + @Ben Feutrill - A.R.I.S.E Audio mod - XDA thread here )
ViPER4Android 2.3.4.0 with Super quality audio driver or the new 2.5.0.5 with driver pre-installed (credit to @viper520 + @zhuhang)
- for more info on V4A, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
Sony Xperiaâ„¢ Z5 Premium audio system
Beatsâ„¢ libraries and effects
Dolby Atmosâ„¢
All mods are System Wide

Rom also includes...

Aroma installer for customized install
Rooted, Busybox
deodex/Odex hybrid
3Minit Battery Mod Option - (credit to @gharrington)
- for more info on 3Minit Battery, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread - coming
3Minit Clock Mod Option - (credit to @gharrington)
- for more info on 3Minit Clock, visit the XDA thread - coming
Zipaligned where appropriate
All display rotations
Navbar size options - coming
Dynamic Navbar - coming
Headphone volume warning disabled
Layers and ready

Rom does not include...

This rom is debloated, meaning i have removed...
Google apps, there are google apps that are avaliable on the play store that have been removed.

How to install...

The usual thing here, I use TWRP so can only recommend that recovery, but i am sure you will be fine with others.
If coming from another Version Base, vendor.img may need to be flashed.. Do this BEFORE flashing the rom!
Make sure WETA zip file is in your internal SD card, and head to recovery and flash the rom zip file. Reboot.
ENCRYPTED DEVICES - If you have your data partition encrypted, and you have set a "Device pin" you are going to have issues with system UI unless you disable device pin in security settings before flashing rom.

Changelog...

WETA 1.0

Initial Build
Nexus Launcher
Weta Reboot
WETA Audio
ARISE Numbers
ARISE Deuteronomy
SuperSU 2.78 SR1
Suhide1.54

WETA 1.1
ARISE Deuteronomy updated to 1.86

Status bar, nav bar and other misc mods are in the WETA Extras zip.

WETA Extras 1v2
3minit Battery fixed
3minit clock added

WETA 1.2
Updated ARISE Deuteronomy to V2.0
Updated Suhide to 0.55
Removed ARISE Numbers (just dead weight now)
Added Google Assistant option

WETA 1.2
Updated Busybox to 1.25.1
Updated ARISE to deuteronomy V2.1

WETA 2.0
Updated to NBD91N Base
Updated ARISE to deut 2.3.3
Removed root for this build (issues)
– This means you need to manually root with CF-Autoroot which can be found - HERE
- Rooting should be done after flashing the rom, and booting. Boot back into fastboot to flash root.
- And the instructions are on this page - HERE

WETA 2.0.1
I decided to add SuperSU 2.78 SR3 to auto install with rom as some people are getting good results, and it tested out good for me after a clean install.
- If you have any issues with root use CF-Autoroot

WETA 3.0
Updated to NMF26F

Do not flash Gapps with this ROM!
Because this is based off of stock android, gapps are included.

ROM Download Page

Wiping data, cache and dalvik is recommended.
Wipe Data if you are coming from another rom or version base, have crashes or other issues before reporting.

Flashing of vendor.img should be done BEFORE flashing the rom if you want all functionality!

TWRP 3.0.2-2 is needed for Nougat roms onward.
TWRP 3.0.2-2 - Download

Kernel source - https://android.googlesource.com/device/lge/bullhead-kernel
WETA Reboot source - https://github.com/daxgirl/6thGear-Reboot-App

If you like my work, please consider buying this poor guy a craft beer for his efforts

This rom is built from a stock google rom image and doesn't require source links.

Special thanks to the testers....
@TW1ST3D1NS4N3 @doggie13_

XDA:DevDB Information
WETA 5x, ROM for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
Mentalmuso, mentalmuso
Source Code: https://android.googlesource.com/device/lge/bullhead-kernel

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-10-08

Created 2016-10-08
Last Updated 2016-10-08

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Flashing Instructions Nougat based rom

1. Wipe Data, dalvik and cache
2. Flash Vendor
3. Flash radio and bootloader if needed.
4. Flash Rom
5. First boot approx 2min

--->

Common Questions

How do i hide stock battery?
How do i mod NavBar?

- Both of these can be found in system ui tuner. You activate this by swiping down the notification pull down and pressing and holding the settings cog until it vibrates.
This turns on a new menu in Settings called systemui tuner, its all in there. If the cog doesnt vibrate. You may need to change your animation scales back to 1x within dev settings.

SystemUI keeps crashing
- Most likely this is a theme issue, especially after a dirty flash. Uninstall all themes and the apps. Flash vendor.img, wipe dalvik and cache, and rom again.
If its happening at boot time right when your device is asking for a password, then you need to flash stock rom and disable device boot security pin. Its a problem with encrypted devices and modified SystemUI.apks

Why is my battery life crap?
- Start by looking at your custom kernel, or by looking at user apps you use. Also simply constantly watching your battery is a battery drainer. The rom is seldom at fault with battery drain problems, and if it is to blame, then it is most probably and upstream google issue and not WETA.

Where is AdAway?
- If you flashed adblocker, then that is what you flashed, not AdAway. These are different things. Adblocker is a simple replacement of your stock hosts file that in turn blocks ads.

How do i get Stock clock back? How do i remove adblocker? How do i get stock NavBar height back? How do i Get A.R.I.S.E back?
- This is so simple and if you ask any of these types of questions... then i slappa yo face..
Just dirty flash the rom again. Select what you want

What is WETA Audio?
WETA Audio is an alternative to flashing with A.R.I.S.E. It replaces A.R.I.S.E with my own setup consisting of V4A (2.5.0.5 or 2.3.4.0, optional Dolby Atmos and drivers and effects from Sony, HTC and ALSA drivers. Its a more simplistic approach to what A.R.I.S.E offers which some people were requesting. Its my go to setup now also.

mentalmuso, can you add advanced reboot menu to power button? can you add volume skip track functionality?
- Short answer, No. This rom is built from stock prebuilt google images and is the reason why its mostly so stable. mods like this require building the rom from source code, which is something im not prepare to dive into at this stage. It takes too much time out of my life and requires a bigger SSD hard drive than i have at this time. Maybe ill have interest in this in the future, if i lose my job or something.

mentalmuso can you add CM visualizer to navbar?
- This mod requires the system to have signature check verification to be disabled. Although its a cool mod, thats one security risk i wont implement.

Why is there no SuperSU app, or Why is there no superuser app?
- The root apps get installed to the /data partition at installation. This means sometimes there is a conflict as you may have left over data from a previous installation. This can be remedied by simply finding the app you need on the play store and installing it. No big deal. The Root binaries would have been installed properly.

Will CMTE be coming to this rom? What about OMS support
CMTE and OMS require a rom to be built from source so commits can be added. I'm not going to build from source.

--->

Last edited:

ltjmax

Dec 6, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Cool! Si this means I could start to play Pokémon Go again on a custom roms without having to deal with unroot and installation of suhide....
I'm a music fan so it's sure I give this rom a try later today!
Thanks for the Nice rom.

Question, can I install EXkernel without messing with the root and suhide setup?

watchoutbehindyou

Apr 17, 2016
Does it have full layers support with OMS commits or it's made from stock debloated rom? Sorry if you find my question stupid :p

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Cool! Si this means I could start to play Pokémon Go again on a custom roms without having to deal with unroot and installation of suhide....
Thanks for the Nice rom.

Question, can I install EXkernel without messing with the root and suhide setup?
I'm pretty sure you'll be OK flashing a custom kernel. I can't be 100% sure that suhide will work though. That makes me realize I should put an option not to flash stock kernel..

? --->

Reactions: Javi22

doggie13_

May 25, 2014
Kraków
Thanks for the Nice rom.

Yeah, for me EX 3.06 works just fine, not sure about SUhide, still too lazy to ensure how to use it :confused:

Last edited:

TPMJB

Jun 28, 2010
www.blackcats-games.net
LG V50 ThinQ

I have never, not once, had to run suhide. Snapchat has root detection and I've never failed to login on any custom rom, either for the 5x or my Samsung Relay (Galaxy S3.) Pokemon Go always worked for me, and I usually run Mock Mock Locations and a GPS spoofer. Though, no Xposed on Nougat, yet.

Gumokz109

Nov 5, 2013
Singapore
Oh man. I just jumped from Nitrogen OS (Hey, i'm an adventurer), and damn, the moment I plugged in my Earpiece, the Bass Boost I've set kicked in. Best implementation ever!
Looking forward to the upcoming features!

parthabhatta

Mar 29, 2008
Calcutta
LG G8X ThinQ
@Mentalmuso, first, thanked you in the OP for providing this ROM to us. Though I have never used this ROM, yet being an audio buff, I longed for the ROM for bullhead, when I saw this in 6P thread. Now that it has arrived for 5x, and that too with Android N, I think I am going to stay with this for long. Downloading, will flash today.
BTW the OP link to TWRP is for angler and not for bullhead. Doesn't matter much, but even then please change.
Regards

Reactions: Mentalmuso

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
@Mentalmuso, first, thanked you in the OP for providing this ROM to us. Though I have never used this ROM, yet being an audio buff, I longed for the ROM for bullhead, when I saw this in 6P thread. Now that it has arrived for 5x, and that too with Android N, I think I am going to stay with this for long. Downloading, will flash today.
BTW the OP link to TWRP is for angler and not for bullhead. Doesn't matter much, but even then please change.
Regards
Oh crap, thanks for the twrp info

? --->

Reactions: parthabhatta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0heEu4S.jpg

You flash this rom at your own risk,
    i take no responsibility for any mishaps.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below
    WETA 5x TELEGRAM CHANNEL

This here is my personal setup and thought i'd share. Usually i test extensively before releasing to public, but if you do find something detrimental to the usage of your device that is either Force Closing or simply not working, let me know and i will in turn inform whether that is something i will tend to.

WETA is made for Music geeks like me, its main focus is stability and Audio. It is Based off latest firmware currently, and will always be using the most up to date firmware base.

Audio mods...

A.R.I.S.E Numbers and Deuteronomy with Dolby Atmos
    (Credit to @guitardedhero + @Ben Feutrill - A.R.I.S.E Audio mod - XDA thread here )
    ViPER4Android 2.3.4.0 with Super quality audio driver or the new 2.5.0.5 with driver pre-installed (credit to @viper520 + @zhuhang)
    - for more info on V4A, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    Sony Xperiaâ„¢ Z5 Premium audio system
    Beatsâ„¢ libraries and effects
    Dolby Atmosâ„¢
    All mods are System Wide

Rom also includes...

Aroma installer for customized install
    Rooted, Busybox
    deodex/Odex hybrid
    3Minit Battery Mod Option - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Battery, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread - coming
    3Minit Clock Mod Option - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Clock, visit the XDA thread - coming
    Zipaligned where appropriate
    All display rotations
    Navbar size options - coming
    Dynamic Navbar - coming
    Headphone volume warning disabled
    Layers and ready

Rom does not include...

This rom is debloated, meaning i have removed...
    Google apps, there are google apps that are avaliable on the play store that have been removed.

How to install...

The usual thing here, I use TWRP so can only recommend that recovery, but i am sure you will be fine with others.
    If coming from another Version Base, vendor.img may need to be flashed.. Do this BEFORE flashing the rom!
    Make sure WETA zip file is in your internal SD card, and head to recovery and flash the rom zip file. Reboot.
    ENCRYPTED DEVICES - If you have your data partition encrypted, and you have set a "Device pin" you are going to have issues with system UI unless you disable device pin in security settings before flashing rom.

Changelog...

WETA 1.0

Initial Build
    Nexus Launcher
    Weta Reboot
    WETA Audio
    ARISE Numbers
    ARISE Deuteronomy
    SuperSU 2.78 SR1
    Suhide1.54

WETA 1.1
    ARISE Deuteronomy updated to 1.86

Status bar, nav bar and other misc mods are in the WETA Extras zip.

WETA Extras 1v2
    3minit Battery fixed
    3minit clock added

WETA 1.2
    Updated Suhide to 0.55

WETA 1.2

WETA 2.0
    Updated to NBD91N Base
    Updated ARISE to deut 2.3.3
    Removed root for this build (issues)
    – This means you need to manually root with CF-Autoroot which can be found - HERE
    - Rooting should be done after flashing the rom, and booting. Boot back into fastboot to flash root.
    - And the instructions are on this page - HERE

WETA 2.0.1
    I decided to add SuperSU 2.78 SR3 to auto install with rom as some people are getting good results, and it tested out good for me after a clean install.
    - If you have any issues with root use CF-Autoroot

WETA 3.0
    Updated to NMF26F

Do not flash Gapps with this ROM!
    Because this is based off of stock android, gapps are included.

ROM Download Page

Wiping data, cache and dalvik is recommended.
    Wipe Data if you are coming from another rom or version base, have crashes or other issues before reporting.

Flashing of vendor.img should be done BEFORE flashing the rom if you want all functionality!

TWRP 3.0.2-2 is needed for Nougat roms onward.
    TWRP 3.0.2-2 - Download

Kernel source - https://android.googlesource.com/device/lge/bullhead-kernel
    WETA Reboot source - https://github.com/daxgirl/6thGear-Reboot-App

If you like my work, please consider buying this poor guy a craft beer for his efforts

This rom is built from a stock google rom image and doesn't require source links.

Special thanks to the testers....
    @TW1ST3D1NS4N3 @doggie13_

XDA:DevDB Information
    WETA 5x, ROM for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
    Mentalmuso, mentalmuso
    Source Code: https://android.googlesource.com/device/lge/bullhead-kernel

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-10-08

Created 2016-10-08
    Last Updated 2016-10-08
    Flashing Instructions Nougat based rom

1. Wipe Data, dalvik and cache
    2. Flash Vendor
    3. Flash radio and bootloader if needed.
    4. Flash Rom
    5. First boot approx 2min

--->

Common Questions

How do i hide stock battery?
    How do i mod NavBar?

- Both of these can be found in system ui tuner. You activate this by swiping down the notification pull down and pressing and holding the settings cog until it vibrates.
    This turns on a new menu in Settings called systemui tuner, its all in there. If the cog doesnt vibrate. You may need to change your animation scales back to 1x within dev settings.

SystemUI keeps crashing
    - Most likely this is a theme issue, especially after a dirty flash. Uninstall all themes and the apps. Flash vendor.img, wipe dalvik and cache, and rom again.
    If its happening at boot time right when your device is asking for a password, then you need to flash stock rom and disable device boot security pin. Its a problem with encrypted devices and modified SystemUI.apks

Why is my battery life crap?
    - Start by looking at your custom kernel, or by looking at user apps you use. Also simply constantly watching your battery is a battery drainer. The rom is seldom at fault with battery drain problems, and if it is to blame, then it is most probably and upstream google issue and not WETA.

Where is AdAway?
    - If you flashed adblocker, then that is what you flashed, not AdAway. These are different things. Adblocker is a simple replacement of your stock hosts file that in turn blocks ads.

How do i get Stock clock back? How do i remove adblocker? How do i get stock NavBar height back? How do i Get A.R.I.S.E back?
    - This is so simple and if you ask any of these types of questions... then i slappa yo face..
    Just dirty flash the rom again. Select what you want

What is WETA Audio?
    WETA Audio is an alternative to flashing with A.R.I.S.E. It replaces A.R.I.S.E with my own setup consisting of V4A (2.5.0.5 or 2.3.4.0, optional Dolby Atmos and drivers and effects from Sony, HTC and ALSA drivers. Its a more simplistic approach to what A.R.I.S.E offers which some people were requesting. Its my go to setup now also.

mentalmuso, can you add advanced reboot menu to power button? can you add volume skip track functionality?
    - Short answer, No. This rom is built from stock prebuilt google images and is the reason why its mostly so stable. mods like this require building the rom from source code, which is something im not prepare to dive into at this stage. It takes too much time out of my life and requires a bigger SSD hard drive than i have at this time. Maybe ill have interest in this in the future, if i lose my job or something.

mentalmuso can you add CM visualizer to navbar?
    - This mod requires the system to have signature check verification to be disabled. Although its a cool mod, thats one security risk i wont implement.

Why is there no SuperSU app, or Why is there no superuser app?
    - The root apps get installed to the /data partition at installation. This means sometimes there is a conflict as you may have left over data from a previous installation. This can be remedied by simply finding the app you need on the play store and installing it. No big deal. The Root binaries would have been installed properly.

Will CMTE be coming to this rom? What about OMS support
    CMTE and OMS require a rom to be built from source so commits can be added. I'm not going to build from source.

--->
    WETA 1.2 | Extras 1v3.1

Updated Suhide to 0.55
    With the Extras, i never really heard back from anyone regarding whether my latest attempts to fix worked. FYI, but thought id post it anyway

Download Page

--->
    WETA 1.3

Download Page

This will be the last update for a week. Unless something big comes up.

--->