[Mod] Samsung Boot Logo Mod (Not bootanimation, SAMSUNG power on logo)

Search This thread

dfgas

Dec 30, 2009
Is there any way to make a rom flash this when flashing the rom? through recovery. If so can you please explain for all of us on how to do it?

davey11

Jan 1, 2011
Yreka, CA
I loved this mod when I was on my fascinate. I am on a charge now. You guys think this can be done on that phone?
I would guess the /dev/block/stl6 partition would be different on other samsung phones. What would be the way to find out what partition to use on the charge?

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
I loved this mod when I was on my fascinate. I am on a charge now. You guys think this can be done on that phone?
I would guess the /dev/block/stl6 partition would be different on other samsung phones. What would be the way to find out what partition to use on the charge?

Look in init.rc. and be careful :p

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

sidicious

Nov 27, 2010
I have a mesmerize... which is also an i500. Anybody try pushing this to anything other than a fascinate?

Im about to, lol.

bigwilly90210

Nov 18, 2009
hey anyone here using the CM7 build from jt1134? if so, anyone know what technique he uses for the custom CM7+Galaxy S boot logo? its before the animation, but my custom logo only stay for like 3 seconds max... idk whats going on. it doesn't matter if i install the custom before or after flashing his ROM. just curious as to what's going on. ha. thanks guys! love having my fakey iPhone boot logo. especially amidst the current lawsuits. lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not the easiest mod, and there is a chance for brickage or data wipe... Noobs beware...

Needed
    • Rooted Samsung Fascinate (tested with EB01 superclean 2.4)
    • Working ADB
    • Latest Heimdall (the Epic 4g thread warns against odin use, it says he soft bricked with it, and I used Heimdall anyway)
    • Hacked param.lfs to flash HERE
    • New jpeg boot logo size 480x800 (preferably less than 64k.. I flashed a 65k one and it booted fine though... just be careful)

Steps:
    1. Enter download mode
    2. Flash hacked param.lfs IN HEIMDALL IN THE BOX THAT SAYS PARAM.LFS, NOT FACTORYFS
    3. Reboot normally, if it boots into recovery just reboot again
    4. Ignore garbled text on bootup
    5. Copy your new bootlogo to /sdcard/logo.jpg
    6. Open ADB shell
    7. Enter these commands:
      Code:
      su
      mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl6 /mnt/.lfs
      cp /sdcard/logo.jpg /mnt/.lfs/logo.jpg
    8. Reboot and enjoy!

Notes

Download mode might not show the download mode logo. It doesn't show on mine. Still works though.
    In order to flash another logo, you have to re-flash the hacked param.lfs and then copy the new logo.
    In order to flash completely back to stock, flash this param.lfs HERE

References/Credits

Connexion2005's support over PM! Thanks!

Connexion2005's site with info and bootlogos
    Original i9000 Thread by Connexion2005
    Epic 4G Thread
    Vibrant Thread
    Blademonkey's bootlogos
    Here's another I photoshopped together from some images on one of the news sites.... android Dr. Zoidberg

aefc021b-b3e4-22e9.jpg

Mulder's poster:

aefc021b-b408-a461.jpg

Federation logo:

aefc021b-b465-a19c.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App