FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,951

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st June 2019, 09:39 AM |#30151  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 28,951

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

Last week I installed the latest Mix codecs MiXCodecs_B1906154.

On todays beta, v6.38.0_B19062010, videos play fine in HW mode, but if I switch to SW renderer, it states to please install the latest Mix Codecs. Is there a newer version somewhere? In the changelog I see: Updated VLC addon. I tried removing the one I have installed and get the same result. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the 1.1 version on the Play Store? I tried that and get the same message. Log attached. The HW render works fine for me, but I think there are others who can only use the SW render and that is why I posted.

Thanks

Try this build. Restart the app and if it doesn't work let me know. Thank you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st June 2019, 09:59 AM |#30152  
Thanks Meter: 328

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgsdg123

So... if not mistaken "Direct link" and "Save in temporary folder" mean (in this context) "Open" and "Save and open" accordingly?

Yes (unless I'm also mistaken).

Seems we're both mistaken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlid

Office files cannot be opened by an associated program from the cloud.

You have two options. Save file to the temporary folder or send a direct link. If your app doesn't support Direct link, then select 'Save to temp'.

The Following User Says Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 10:13 AM |#30153  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,933

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

I apologise if I don't get your objective to be achieved correctly. Isn't it the feature to change the view style (bottom row, 2nd icon from the left)? Please refer to screenshots.

Yes - but like I said, then the Date is missing too and I want to have the date shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgsdg123

Always on the latest beta and haven't even noticed the existence of such things... What are them?

BTW I almost never change the "View".

Well I usually don't change the view either, it has been set to Detailed since forever.

Not really sure when the detailed view changed like that, but I only noticed it today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nimueh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nimueh Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 11:28 AM |#30154  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

You have two options. Save file to the temporary folder or send a direct link. If your app doesn't support Direct link, then select 'Save to temp'.

I do not understand. For .doc, for example, I have two options, "copy to" and "download." In the first case, the file is simply copied to the downloads folder. In the second case, the line of notifications is written "loaded" and then "executed", but nothing happens. "Open with" does not allow to select the installed office program. In this case, for example, .pdf opens normally, and the rootexplorer also opens everything (maybe he cached somewhere and then opened it?).
21st June 2019, 11:35 AM |#30155  
Thanks Meter: 1,251

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

I apologise....

please disregard the 'genesis' ot. (couldn't help posting this )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_61hzuGGJX0
21st June 2019, 11:51 AM |#30156  
Thanks Meter: 896

More
Quote:

I do not understand. For .doc, for example, I have two options, "copy to" and "download." In the first case, the file is simply copied to the downloads folder. In the second case, the line of notifications is written "loaded" and then "executed", but nothing happens. "Open with" does not allow to select the installed office program. In this case, for example, .pdf opens normally, and the rootexplorer also opens everything (maybe he cached somewhere and then opened it?).

You should have this popup when click on a cloud file...see picture. If you do not see it you have to reset remember in settings... since you said that open with do not show this popup for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190621-124802_MiXplorer.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	4780350  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simonbellu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonbellu Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 12:01 PM |#30157  
Flag Banja Luka RS
Thanks Meter: 2,642

More
@HootanParsa

Hi, What is that, please?

Sent from my SM-N960F using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190621-125551_MiXplorer.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	4780351  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HorstiG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HorstiG Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 12:04 PM |#30158  
Thanks Meter: 328

More
Quote:

("Direct link"?) ...In the second case, the line of notifications is written "loaded" and then "executed", but nothing happens.

What do you think?..
Quote:

21st June 2019, 12:49 PM |#30159  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbellu

You should have this popup when click on a cloud file...see picture. If you do not see it you have to reset remember in settings... since you said that open with do not show this popup for you.

Thanks, it helped. And where are the temporary files stored?
21st June 2019, 01:09 PM |#30160  
Thanks Meter: 896

More
Quote:

Thanks, it helped. And where are the temporary files stored?

I downloaded a pdf and opened it with a reader. Once open in info window I see that the path was the cache folder of the pdf reader I used:
in Android/data/[com.YOUR APP VIEWER]/cache/

But it could depends by the app you use to open it.

I have no root device so I cannot be sure if mix cache also a copy of the file or it deletes it after the file is opened by the target app.

In /data/data/com.mixplorer.silver (I use silver) there is no cached copy of the file...

Let's wait for an answer by Hootan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simonbellu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonbellu Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 02:08 PM |#30161  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastagaCigales

If it can help, several .eml files of mere text messages cannot be opened by the new html viewer, and the relevant part of the log says:
D/ContentViewerActivity> Extension: eml, MimeType: message/rfc822
E/ContentViewerActivity> Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.String.length()' on a null object reference

Good afternoon,

I did more thorough tests using the latest beta version, and found that all .eml files created with K9-mail or Samsung mail could not be opened, resulting in the same error as mentionned above. By comparison with .eml files that could be read, I ended finding the reason: Mixplorer HTML viewer fails on MIME encoded files where the "boundary" string definition does not start on a new line.

To be more precise, case 1 below will work, but not case 2:

Case 1:
Content-Type: multipart/alternative
Boundary="----XXXXXXXXX"

Case 2:
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----XXXXXXXXX"

In order to avoid to have to manually edit each .eml file to add a line break before the "boundary" definition and remove the semicolon of the previous line, would it be possible to change the code so as to accept the syntax where the "boundary" statement is grouped with another declaration ?

Thanks in advance.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PastagaCigales For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PastagaCigales Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)