[APP] LG 2X/Black Notifications

Search This thread

ergosum

Jul 28, 2010
I use v2 and the file permission is rw rw rw.

I open the file "btightness" with any text editor and i see that the default value is 25. than i set the value to 7 and save the file. The brigness level remains to 7 until the touch key lights turns off for the first time. When i touch the screen again the lights are brighter and if i open the file, the value is reset to 25.
But if I go to Settings => Display => Brightness => Front key light, and turn it off, the brightness value remains at 7 but the lights remain lit all the time, even in deep sleep.
It has to do with the kernel that automatically overwrites the value, and when i disable them from settings, the kernel already consider them off even if the LED Notification use them?

Oh I started to understand what you meant. You shouldn't use the "LG Touch LED Notifications" 's brightness in Miscellaneous -> Touch LED options -> Touch LED brightness (set it to 0). Then you can disable the Front key light. This way, constant mode's feedback will work in test too.

ergosum

Jul 28, 2010
The app failed to work on only whatsapp.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

I have just tested it on Whatsapp. It works. You may have forgotten to select Whatsapp as a monitored activity in the LG Touch LED app.

One more thing: I managed to contact the original author. He will update the application on the market so we won't need to install apk anymore soon. Just don't forget to uninstall my or rmein's version before installing the new one.

fakeasd

Jan 8, 2011
dear rmein and ergosum, some questions for you :D i'm now on cm10 with superuser and i installed ergosum v1 apk as a system app, lg notification services start just fine at boot and the application doesn't ask for su permissions as it is already owned by root (correct me if i'm wrong), but i have some troubles...

- i can't make constant feedback to work, it lights up once after notification then light off forever
- repeating fading works tough fade in and fade out timings are not always respected
- monitored activities such as gmail and whatsapp don't work in any case :(

have you encountered these issues using cm10 based roms? any advice? thank you in advance guys

ergosum

Jul 28, 2010
dear rmein and ergosum, some questions for you :D i'm now on cm10 with superuser and i installed ergosum v1 apk as a system app, lg notification services start just fine at boot and the application doesn't ask for su permissions as it is already owned by root (correct me if i'm wrong), but i have some troubles...

- i can't make constant feedback to work, it lights up once after notification then light off forever
- repeating fading works tough fade in and fade out timings are not always respected
- monitored activities such as gmail and whatsapp don't work in any case :(

have you encountered these issues using cm10 based roms? any advice? thank you in advance guys

Dear fakeasd ^^,

I don't use CM10 but Stock ICS v28G and I have indeed encountered the 2 first issues.

In my experience the constant mode doesn't work in test mode but works in practice. What you can do is set the brightness to 0 (Misc / Touch LED options / Touch LED brightness). There might be some interferences between this setting and the "Front Key light" from ICS.

Gmail and whatsapp notifications work for me, it's weird. Do SMS and missed call notification work for you?

fakeasd

Jan 8, 2011
Dear fakeasd ^^,

I don't use CM10 but Stock ICS v28G and I have indeed encountered the 2 first issues.

In my experience the constant mode doesn't work in test mode but works in practice. What you can do is set the brightness to 0 (Misc / Touch LED options / Touch LED brightness). There might be some interferences between this setting and the "Front Key light" from ICS.

Gmail and whatsapp notifications work for me, it's weird. Do SMS and missed call notification work for you?
thanks for the reply! unfortunately constant mode doesn't work neither in practice nor in test mode, also leaving touch led brightness to 0 as you suggested for test mode doesn't help

gmail, whatsapp, viber notifications still not working here, calls and text messages led notifications are the only two working so far and only with repeating fade mode... i already checked the lg service in accesibility menu and don't know what else to do

ergosum

Jul 28, 2010
thanks for the reply! unfortunately constant mode doesn't work neither in practice nor in test mode, also leaving touch led brightness to 0 as you suggested for test mode doesn't help

gmail, whatsapp, viber notifications still not working here, calls and text messages led notifications are the only two working so far and only with repeating fade mode... i already checked the lg service in accesibility menu and don't know what else to do

Hi,

I don't know how to solve this. Someone else who has a CM10 rom could confirm (or not) this issue and give a clue.

To anyone who use or used apk file: now the application in the market is updated!

vladutztg

Jul 27, 2010
Bucharest
LED not turning off when charge is complete

Hi,
I have been using the app for over a year now. It worked flawlessly on Gingerbred & CyanogenMod 7.1.

I installed ICS (4.0.4) on my LG Optimus 2x and the app works, but when the charge is complete in stanby (and the screen is turned off) the notification LED don't turn off automatically. They only turn off when I turn the screen on (even if it is on lockscreen).

phreephiber

Mar 23, 2009
Dear fakeasd ^^,

For me SMS and Call notification ..also constant light notification only works if i disable my "lockscreen"....

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
Has anyone got this working with the LG MyTouch e739? I know it's not listed as supported, but it almost works. The test notification flashes the lights, but not when I get a text or miss a call. I'm using andr00ib's AOKP JB 4.1.2 v0.3 ROM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone !

LG 2X/Black Notifications is an app that handles incoming notifications and uses the LED buttons on the device to notify the user of any missed notifications. LG Optimus 2X (P990/P999/SU660), LG Optimus Black (P970) and LG Optimus 3D (P920) is supported. It does not require root if the required files has the proper permissions, if they do not root is required to change them (currently the latest update for T-Mobile G2x and LG Optimus 3D). It should be usable on all ROMs (not tested though). CyanogenMod7 has its own LED-notifications which has to be disabled if you wish to use this app.

Features
    • Built-in support for Gmail/SMS/MMS/Missed calls
    • Support for any activity that generates notifications by using Accessibility
    • Configurable pulse and vibration for every notification
    • Set the default touch LED brightness
    • Charging indicator

How the app works
    • The app is in an idle state and will do nothing until the device receives a notification.
    • When an notification is received and the screen is on and not in lock-screen, the accelerometer sensors will be started and used as a way to detect user activity. If the sensor is triggered the feedback will be cancelled. If the sensor is not triggered and the screen is turned off the feedback will start.
    • If the screen is off the feedback will be delayed for 2 seconds. The reason for this is because some notifications might turn on the screen and in turn will cancel the feedback, so the delay will hopefully prevent this. If nothing happens during the delay the feedback starts at once.
    • The feedback will repeat until it is timed out or the screen is turned on.

If you have any questions and/or bugs to report about the app don't hesitate to post a reply to this thread or send me a message and I'll answer them as soon as possible. I'm also open for suggestions of features to implement. However due to limited time at the moment new features may take a while to be implemented.

Download

For more information and free download check it out on the Android Market.

/ Martin Börjesson
    Tell me what and where to modify. I can create the apk

Enviado desde mi LG-P990 usando Tapatalk 2

It's ok, I have create an Apk file for people who don't want to recreate the file. I made the file completely compatible with ICS and GB rom. But you need to uninstall the old app before this one.

Here: https://www.box.com/shared/hy5h68p85gfroaj781pe

Update: this is the v1 and I deleted the app, the v2 is below.
    Update2: better use either the v1 in the last post (or rmein's version) with SuperSU. It is cleaner this way.

It would be great if the owner of both this topic and the github repository update the application

Mr. Börjesson, please give me your email so that I send to you the new java file.
    I'm running my own build of this at the moment, with support for the P990 enabled. I tried installing SuperSU instead of Superuser, and everything loads perfectly well on boot. The rom I am using is just stock v30a rooted with su though CWM, and not a custom one.

I spotted a post from Rohanajoshi in the DjangoManouche ICS thread saying there was a problem with superuser: apps dont get root access when settings are like "automatic response => Allow"

SuperSU solves this problem and lets the service run properly on boot. So if you're on the topogigi rom just download ergosum's first version and it should work.

edit:
    I spoke too quickly there. I had problems with SuperSu for a bit and broke the app completely. Managed to fix SuperSU, then a reinstall of the app and everything works great

Hmm thanks for the explanation. I had a feeling SuperUser wasn't working very well too. Here is the v1 for people who changed to SuperSu. (I removed it thinking it wouldn't work.)
    https://www.box.com/s/locjbo8j2j5l44kyrn0z
    Hi,
    I do not speak English, so I am sorry for my bad English.
    I have a P920 and I installed this app, but it does not run. I make a missed call to myself, but the leds do not light.

Thank you very much!

Your English is fine :)
    Have you rooted your phone ? You could check out the thread in the Optimus 3D-subforum, there is currently another developer working with the app for the P920 and he might be able to help you out.

Hi,

This app is working on gr 4 but each time I reboot, I've a message that says ' superuser permissions refused for LG 2X./Black .....'

Sent from my LG-P990

That sounds strange, it seems the Superuser-app might be configure wrong for the app. If you open the Superuser-app then you can perhaps change so it wont refuse permissions for the app.

I was using this great app with LG Optimus Black stock roms like v10b/c/e, but i can't do it with CM7 nightlies right now. Everytime I open app it says "App detected it has no read or write access to a required file, do you wish to fix this?" I click OK, but still doesn't work.

This message appears everytime I open the app. What could be the problem here?

Thanks in advance.

What happens when you click OK ? Does it say anything or does it seem to work normally ? Did you ever get a question about allowing Superuser-permissions ?
    CM7 have their own notification built-in so there might be a conflict, you could try and disable it.

Love the app, just what my G2x needs. Your hard work and dedication are much appreciated.
    I do, however, have one problem maybe you or the other fine members of this forum can help me with.
    I have a notification ringtone set to go off every 5 minutes after a missed notification. Works great, I love it, wish I had it earlier. However, in the morning it goes off because of the battery 100% notification. Is there a fix, workaround, or setting that I'm missing? (I've searched quite a bit but only see discussions with the SGS2) As long as the circuitry shuts down, I don't care about that notification.

I never experienced this. Are you using a third party-app that puts a notification in the notification bar when the battery is fully charged ? If so you might have to exclude that activity (Notifications -> Exclude activities). If you're uncertain which activity it is you can log notifications in the Advanced-menu and then check the log when it happened again.

@xigzil

How to fully disable the accelerator/g-sensor for power saving ?

why do you have this build in?

without this, i would say its a wonderful valueable app ,with it have to deinstall the app ):-

thanks

The accelerometer can't be disabled. It is used by the app to determine if the phone is being used. For example, you're writing an e-mail on your phone and gets an SMS. At this point the app enables the accelerometer to detect user activity, if it detects activity (by movement of the phone) it disables the accelerometer and doesn't do anything more. If the accelerometer were to be disabled it would start the notification as soon as the screen turns off since it doesn't know if the phone has been used at any point after the notification has been received, which would be quite bothersome.
    It might not be the best solution but I haven't found anything else and it works pretty well.

Normally this shouldn't use a lot of battery at all though, since when it is started it is usually only enabled for a couple of seconds. Does it use an unusual amount of battery for you ?
    Thanks!! I've been using this since beta 0.3

Just a request...

Can accelerometer be disabled ? Cos i may be picking up the phone but not looking at the screen at all.

And, can the App icon be reverted to have transparent background (like in the early betas)

Cheers

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

An option to disable accelerometer could be added, but then you would get the pulse for every incoming notification even if you've looked at them (if you were using the phone when you got them). The accelerometer is disabled when the screen is off or in the lock-screen (if you use another lock-screen than the default this might not be true though) so that if you receive a notification and then move your phone around without unlocking it the pulse should still start. So generally the accelerometer shouldn't be a problem, but if you really want an option for it I could add one :)

I changed the appearance of the icon since it couldn't be seen on Market because it has a white background. I also preferred the old look :) But it might be possible to fix it somehow, I'll note it down and look at it when I have time.