yes this is exactly what needs to be done
- Download and install wireshark from www.wireshark.org
- Start wireshark before you start your LocationFree Player
- Select "Capture->Interfaces"
- Click Options in the line that show your Network Interface that is connected to the same Network as the LocationFree BaseStation
(You can verify this by looking at the IP Address. i.e. if you are connected
directly to the Wireless Network of the BaseStation you need to select the line
that says 172.29.71.???)
- Click on "Capture Filter"
- Click "New"
- Select the last entry in the Capture Filter list (this is the one you just created by pressing New)
- Enter "Location Free" as the Filter name
- Enter "host ???.???.???.??? and port ????" as the Filter string where
???.???.???.??? means the IP address of your BaseStation and ???? means the
NetAV port (usually around 5021)
- Press OK
- The Field right of the "Capture Filter:" Button should now contain your filter string
- Press Start
- Now start your LocationFree Player
- Connect to your BaseStation and press the remote control keys in the following order
2. Channel Up
3. Channel Down
4. Volume Up
5. Volume Down
- Disconnect from your BaseStation and go back to the Wireshark Window
- Capture -> Stop
- Right click on the first line in the Protokoll and select "Decode As"
- In the Pulldownmenu select "destination (????)" where ???? should be the port you entered in the Filter string
- In the list to the right select "HTTP" and press OK
- Now some lines should become "light green". Search for the Line that says "GET /netav/message1 HTTP/1.1"
- Right click on that line and select "Follow TCP Stream"
- A new window should appear that Starts with "GET /netav/message1 HTTP/1.1"
- Click "Save As" , save it to a file and send it to me