Latest 4eXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6_RC1 as PG88IMG

Search This thread

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Latest 4eXT Recovery Touch as PG88IMG incase anyone wants/needs to use it For s-off devices. Download the PG88IMG.zip file, put it on the root of your sdcard (Not in a folder) then boot in to bootloader, bootloader will find the zip and ask to update recovery, press volume UP for yes and your done. Just reboot.

Edit: has been confirmed to work with s-on with unlocked bootloader (htcdev)

MD5 - 49bbb1d76df1f8fcdd5b853c4cd5d1c2

Attachments

• PG88IMG.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 16,590
Last edited:

madboxgr

Jan 3, 2011
I don't think it would work for S-On users. It's like when u trying to update your radio with an image.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I don't think it would work for S-On users. It's like when u trying to update your radio with an image.

yh was thinking that but u can flash "recovery.img" with s-on unlocked bootloader so maybe it could work. i would try but downgraded then s-off me phone.

Ultimategeppie

Jan 7, 2011
Apeldoorn
Works with S-ON

Ok thanks. Was hoping someone with s-on would try the PG88IMG method to see if it works.

Hi there,
I'm new to HTC DS. Tonight i unlocked trough htcdev.com, but still have S-ON with HBOOT 2.00.0002
After unlocking i installed 4ext.
But for cm11.0 i needed an newer 4ext.

So i installed it with your guidance. And it worked flawlessly!
Only thing is, that after a reboot it again finds the p88 file and it wants to update again.
I don't know how I overcame this, but after three times i got into touch recovery.
Flashed cm11 and all went fine.

eriche

Sep 25, 2007
@jmcclue

I would urgently need 4ext in the newest Version for my HTC Sensation.
Sadly your zip isn`t working.
Also not if I rename the File that my Sensation Bootloader detects this as Update.

Can you help me?

I wiped the ROM - so right now I don`t have a chance to install 4ext via a File .apk :rolleyes:

Greet`s eRich

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
@jmcclue

Also not if I rename the File that my Sensation Bootloader detects this as Update.

Can you help me?

I wiped the ROM - so right now I don`t have a chance to install 4ext via a File .apk :rolleyes:

Greet`s eRich
@eriche

Sorry for late reply, it doesnt detect or work coz this file is for the Desire S :rolleyes:

Anyway download the one below, PG58IMG.zip, i just made it for you, its for the sensation and is latest 4ext recovery v1.0.0.6 RC2 :)

Everyone else, file attached (PG58IMG) is for the sensation only!!!

Attachments

• PG58IMG.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 1,494

eriche

Sep 25, 2007
Thank you very much jmcclue!

Maybe it would help if you could write a short Tutorial how you can generate this zip file for a specific Mobile Phone ;)
I am very interested in it.

GreeT`s Erich

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Thank you very much jmcclue!

Maybe it would help if you could write a short Tutorial how you can generate this zip file for a specific Mobile Phone ;)
I am very interested in it.

GreeT`s Erich

It depends really, u need to be s-off to use it and each htc phone has different file name,

htc desire - PB99IMG
htc desire s - PG88IMG
htc sensation\XE - PG58IMG

so if u extract that file ul see "android-info.txt + "recovery.img" and thats all u need. Take the recovery.img from the device u want to use it on and then get the android-info.txt file and use 7zip to zip the 2 files together and name it, for example PG58IMG and ur done. Simple really. Just make sure that the recovery is named recovery.img for it to work.

Schkisz

Oct 7, 2012
BS-3
i have s-on and didnt even copy the file to phone, just extracted recovery.img to android sdk/platform tools and flashed it via fastboot, no problem.... just installing the cm11 rom to try it, and we'll see what happens.... =) gonna report if any problems with recovey...

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
i have s-on and didnt even copy the file to phone, just extracted recovery.img to android sdk/platform tools and flashed it via fastboot, no problem.... just installing the cm11 rom to try it, and we'll see what happens.... =) gonna report if any problems with recovey...

There is a newer recovery out RC3, so once u flash the rom, download the 4ext recovery updater app then update ur recovery. Il update my thread later sometime.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest 4eXT Recovery Touch as PG88IMG incase anyone wants/needs to use it For s-off devices. Download the PG88IMG.zip file, put it on the root of your sdcard (Not in a folder) then boot in to bootloader, bootloader will find the zip and ask to update recovery, press volume UP for yes and your done. Just reboot.

Edit: has been confirmed to work with s-on with unlocked bootloader (htcdev)

MD5 - 49bbb1d76df1f8fcdd5b853c4cd5d1c2
    @jmcclue

Can you help me?

Greet`s eRich
    @eriche

Sorry for late reply, it doesnt detect or work coz this file is for the Desire S :rolleyes:

Anyway download the one below, PG58IMG.zip, i just made it for you, its for the sensation and is latest 4ext recovery v1.0.0.6 RC2 :)

Everyone else, file attached (PG58IMG) is for the sensation only!!!
    Did u flash it the PG88IMG method by putting the file on ur sdcard?

Nope, I flashe the .img file via fastboot
    Yh u must delete it off ur sdcard r it will ask to update everytime :)
    It works for S-On

It works perfectly with S-On.
    I guess you have to have it unlocked via htcdev.com - but that goes for everything :)

Thank you very much for this :laugh: