[GSM] Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU & en.FR

Search This thread

garyngkt

May 7, 2009
Keep in mind that if you lose your CID there is NO WAY BACK from 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU as it brings along a locked bootloader (as far as I know!).
In fact I mistakingly flashed that to try it and replaced my China version (and kernel too!!!) and now I am hopelessy stuck into this system & kernel version!

I managed to flash the Retail British ROM on my Asian device using RSD Lite. But I seem to find cell signal a bit weak, anyone else having this issue?.

albertaz

Aug 10, 2010
Udine
Not as far as I know. I mean, maybe you can flash a ROM but not the kernel that should go with it.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

maxnaxos

Sep 26, 2011
Athens
Is there any way to flash the update like a CM rom using SS???

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT910 using XDA Premium HD app

nkos719

May 1, 2010
Dortmund
Hello everyone im trying to apply the ota update.i did all the steps.everything is on stock but when i try to update via recovery the following error appears.
Code:
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") =="RTVFDE/XT910_RTVFDE/umts_spyder:4.0.4/6.7.2-180_SPU-19-TA-11.6/1342423697/:user/release-keys" ||    file_getprop(("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/XT910_rtvfde/umts_spyder:4.1.2/9.8.20-124_SPUEM-14/1362038372:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
restoring configuration START..
restoring configuration END..
Installation aborted.
am i doing anything wrong?
PS I have the following deatails on my phone info:
Sys Info: 672.180.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU
Model: XT910
Andr :4.0.4
FW : GAS_EMEA_USASPDRICSTRCEE_P022

Last edited:

aki93

Mar 10, 2012
Can anyone help me getting instructions for installing this on BMM, with my primary system being a custom rom? I assigned 650 mb space for system.img, 300 for the others, and it gives an error status 6 upon installing the zip package (for both the JB/ICS stock zip).

On all slots I already installed something, eventhough I destroy the system, baseband/kernel , the name of the rom still remains. maybe this is where it goes wrong?

Last edited:

Majkus_

Mar 24, 2013
Hey guys.
I've got problem (surprisingly..).
I followed these steps
Install the latest rsd lite using windows: sites.google.com/site/motosbf/rsdlite

and also the drivers, then power off your phone and then hold the volume up + vol down + the power button untill you see a bootloader, use the vol down to navigate to AP Fastboot. Use the volume up to choose, connect your phone to PC.
then open the RSD Lite , click the small box with three dots, then choose the 698 mb file you have downloaded and then choose "decompress and start flashing"
Then wait for it to do its job,
because I was in the same situation as @shakti15.
I downloaded fastboot files,rsd lite,drivers and execute the instalation exactly by the @TheMrcool212 instructions . Everything seems to be ok,the phone reboots itsel,boots,starts optimizing apps,but when it begin starting apps it reboots again and than i fell into endless bootloop. Just splashing Moto logo,brightness increasement and vibrating from time to time.
When I flashed it for a second time,the optimalization dailogue haven't appeared at all. Just bootloops.
I was also on 673.94.328.XT910.asiaretail.en.03 and flashed SPDREM_U_01.6.7.2-180_SPU-19-TA-11.6_SIGNEuropeAustraliaEMEA_USASPDRICSRTGB_HWp2b_Service1FF_fastboot.xml.zip .
Please,does anybody knows,how to get out of this ?
Thanks A lot,looking forward for advice.

EDIT: All fixed up with factory reset :). Sorry for disturbing..

Last edited:

kevoroid

Dec 7, 2011
kevoroid.github.io
I need help on this; i have 673.94.328.xt910.meretail on my razr maxx (gsm) and would like to update to stock jelly bean (not cm 10); since you guys mentioned its possible to install EU version on these devices as well, i followed this link (http://www.theandroidsoul.com/offici...azr-gsm-xt910/) but i get error:

assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "RTGB/XT910_RTGB/umts_spyder:4.0.4/6.7.2-180_SPU-19-TA-11.6/1342417437:user/release-keys" ||
file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/XT910_rtgb/umts_spyder:4.1.2/9.8.2O-124_SPUEM-14/1362039991:user/release-keys");

if i remove the line on updater-script, i get verification failed error, but there is not option to toggle verification off.
any ideas?

Last edited:

anwoo

Apr 11, 2010
Guys, can anyone upload the files to senditontheinternet.com?

My downloads perpetually get corrupted. I need a download host with encryption (and thus checksums) so it ensures the download is always correct.

The host is free to use.

Thanks!

JoLoLo

Nov 14, 2012
Help please

I have successfully installed this version in march last year and it worked fine. Now I wanted to put CM11 rom via SafeStrap 3.65, but accidentally I have installed over stock rom, and now I cant run anything. My XT910 got stuck into bootloop and I can enter only Fast recovery menu.

I tried to use RSD Lite and fastboot new system, but my computer do not recognize my phone whatever I do.
(I tried to install new motorola drivers, I tried with motohelper, I tried with new computer, but allways the same message: The last USB device conected to this computer is malfunctioned windows can not recognize it.)
Its the message on Windows 8, while on windows 7 is written just unknown device.

I tried with ADB and using Google USB driver to recognize device, but still nothing.

I have only acces to Fast recovery menu with these options:

-reboot system now
-applay update from external storage
-apply update from ADB
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition

Since I cant access ADB, then only option is external storage. So I tried to put again your zip file: Blur_Version.672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip

But I got this error:

Code:
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") =="RTGB/XT910_RTGB/umts_spyder:4.0.4/6.7.2-180_SPU-19-TA-11.6/1342417437/:user/release-keys" ||    file_getprop(("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "motorola/XT910_rtvfde/umts_spyder:4.1.2/9.8.20-124_SPUEM-14/1362039991:user/release-keys"
restoring configuration START..
restoring configuration END..
Installation aborted.

I am not sure is it because I cant use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, SU or other steps which are listed in instructions... since now I cant do anything just start update from external storage?

eazha

May 12, 2013
Shah Alam
Guys,i'm having problem with my JB stock..last few days i'd wiped cache,data,dalvik,then directly flashed razr M launcher three circle widget....once reboot after 1st time login, Home screen not responding message popup....what should i do....wipe cache&dalvik didn't work at all.....or should i reflash stock JB rom?:what::confused:

Reactions: sad days

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU & en.FR

The Time has come, we got the Retail European JB Leak for our XT910. An huge Thanks goes to Xantian, who leaked the OTA Update for us.

4184_trennungslinie.png

Warning

After you've applyed the Update there's NO WAY BACK TO ICS. If you try it, you'll brick! Also we got no Fastboot Files for RSD, so handle your Stock Slot with care!

This Update can be flashed on European and Asian Devices without messing up with your CID.

Charge your Battery till 100% before you start

4184_trennungslinie.png

Requirements

To apply the JB OTA you have to be on 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU without any Modifications, like deleted System Apps or changed Boot.img / Baseband.
    I recommend to start with an fresh RSD Lite - Flash, before you try to apply the OTA.

4184_trennungslinie.png

Downloads

OTA Update Zip

Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper

4184_trennungslinie.png

How To

I'll show you how you have to apply the Update without loosing your Root.

4184_trennungslinie.png

1. Copy the Blur_Version.672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip into the Root of your external SD-Card

2. Update your SU-Binarys

3. Install the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper on your Device and open it. Choose Protect Root and temp. unroot

4. Boot into Stock Recovery

5. Wipe Cache

6. Choose apply Update from external Storage and select the Blur_Version.672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip. Wait untill the Update-Process is finished and your RAZR is booted completely

7. The last step is to open the Voodoo Rootkeeper again and to restore your Root.

4184_trennungslinie.png

That's it, now you're running an clean and rooted JB on your European or Asian XT910

Ignore the Vodafone > The Rest is the same!

4184_trennungslinie.png

If you still not sure how you should flash this Leak our friend The RazrGuy will show it to you. Huge thanks for your Videos!

4184_trennungslinie.png

Extras

Kernel & Radio

Carrier Changer
    This will help you to kick your Carrier from your Statusbar (Set one Space!).

4184_trennungslinie.png

If you Guys coming from France, you can follow these Steps by using the Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.FR, posted by Cuyi02

Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.FR

Base Firmware must be 651.180.41.Retail.en.FR

Don't forget to hit the Thanks-Button for this Guy :good:

4184_trennungslinie.png

IF YOU BRICKED YOUR DEVICE BY RUNNING THIS LEAK, KLICK ME!

4184_trennungslinie.png

Re: [GSM] Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU

Time has come for therazrguy To make a video

Like my work visit my channel once on YouTube
    YouTube.com/user/Therazrguy
    Can I flash over the jb. vodafone?

No...and if we find an solution we will lose Root. It's the same Version, just without the vodafone. Edit your Build.prop and you're on this Leak :eek:
    We have to figure out how we get on this. And after that WE NEED ROOT!

If you Guys are still on ICS, follow the Steps carefully. No Root Method worked till now.
    Pure frustration - so close and yet so far :)

Oh please can we have a working download link?

here it is: https://mega.co.nz/#!tVAywBhD!XeJIyTtvXLz-MXfzCq2pZyV5DZ8gP7yRnSS9e2HfH1k
    My videos Are Up for a better explanation of the OP :)

Part 2
    Part1