[Tutorial] How to root your Tizen Samsung Gear & remove camera shutter sounds

Search This thread

vivi

Sep 26, 2005
arrggghhh i thought i found a fix but didnt so now i need help t.t

it says device cannot be found trying to slient my camera on GG1 tizen i installed the drivers and all rooted i think? idk how to check although it says it rooted successfully on odin and when i use sdb via cmd it says it cant find the device i tried sdb devices also :<
USB debug already checked?

NTchrist

May 10, 2011
Stuck at "NAND Write Start!!"

For whatever reason, mine always gets stuck at "NAND Write Start!!" in odin. I've tried 2 different computers and 2 different cables.

darkcyber20

Feb 3, 2011
I'm having problems getting my Gear to enter bootloader mode. I press and hold down the power button and my Gear shows "rebooting", the screen will flash and then it shows the same then again, again, again...etc. The only time anything different happens is when I release the power button and then it will boot up like normal. So, is there another way to enter bootloader mode?

kirkla79

Oct 12, 2010
memphis, tn
After you see the "rebooting" screen, you don't hold down the button, you the the push it repeatedly until it goes to bootloader screen. Usually you just need to push 3 or 4 times.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ReDroiD™

Apr 7, 2012
Steps for root

1. Make sure you're using a Gear 1 (v700) not 2.
2. Ensure that you are running the Tizen operating system. If not, you can update officially via Samsung kies.
3. Download this image file.

Is it possible to add on post 1 the new file for root XXUCNF1 please ?

psycho1200

Jun 20, 2012
Ecatepec
For whatever reason, mine always gets stuck at "NAND Write Start!!" in odin. I've tried 2 different computers and 2 different cables.

Did you re-Download the file ?, most of the times the file is broken it suppose to be checked by odin but some odin versions are modded to skip that validation, try to download again the file, and also try to do it using another computer, or disable the antivirus protection, and run as adminitrator

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Gear's still showing "Do Not Turn Off Target!" Any help would be appreciated. Is it ok to restart the process?
Did you flash the firmware?, do not turn off target appears when you are on download mode that means you can flash via odin, but are you getting any error message ?, odin is showing your gear connnected ?

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

I made all the steps and i get root on my Gear and also i get no sound on camera, just follow all the steps, and it will work, i did it using a tablet running windos 8.1 no problem at all, thanks for sharing the method (y)

Reactions: jmacapili

NTchrist

May 10, 2011
Tried both win7&8.1u1

Tried running as admin

Verified Tizen (has generic notifications working)
Verified model and sw version
SM-V700
V700XXUBNA6

The watch begins a loading bar to indicate that communication has happened (as soon as I hit start on odin), but does not move after 30+minutes. No error messages are reported by the watch nor odin (until I unplug the watch and then I get the generic failed due to disconnect). The watch reboots as if nothing happened if I hold the power button and functions as if I had not tried this at all.

ReDroiD™

Apr 7, 2012
Tried both win7&8.1u1

Tried running as admin

Verified Tizen (has generic notifications working)
Verified model and sw version
SM-V700
V700XXUBNA6

The watch begins a loading bar to indicate that communication has happened (as soon as I hit start on odin), but does not move after 30+minutes. No error messages are reported by the watch nor odin (until I unplug the watch and then I get the generic failed due to disconnect). The watch reboots as if nothing happened if I hold the power button and functions as if I had not tried this at all.
it's for XXUCNE9 not for XXUBNA6

look here for found your country csc and flash the good sw, after that you can root your tizen sw with how to and file in post 1
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-V700

NTchrist

May 10, 2011

XxJuggernautxX

Jan 4, 2014
Dallas
Please Help w/ Rooting Samsung Gear

Guys,

Although the post is more detailed and helpful than any other forum or video on the net, I am still having trouble with rooting my Samsung Gear 1. First, the link provided in step 3 is broken. I went to the site and the file would not download. It said it will begin in 20 seconds but never started. Can anyone give me a working link for the v700_rootfs.img.tar? Secondly, I am a beginner when it comes to rooting (especially smartwatches). Previously, I’ve rooted my S4 and installed various custom ROMs; however, I do not understand step 4. Could someone explain sdb command prompt, sdk, and sdb library? I need to understand this step in order to move forward (once I get the tar file). I’m good with the rest of the post, steps 5-9. Additionally, does anyone know of a good step-by-step video that breaks down rooting of the Samsung gear w/ Tizen OS AND installation of the first Tizen Mod Rom? Thanks

Samsung Gear 1
Model #: SM-V700
Software Version: V700XXECNF1

eyesofice

Mar 31, 2011
ROC
I downloaded the file that you gave me ran it. went into cmd prompt as admin and ran the following:
C:
sdb root on
sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /
sdb shell mv /usr/share/sounds/mm-camcorder/ /usr/share/sounds/mm-camcorder_bak/
sdb shell mv /usr/apps/com.samsung.w-camera-app/res/sounds /usr/apps/com.samsung.w-camera-app/res/sounds_bak

and none of that worked. Are there any odin files to do this ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to root your Samsung Gear with Tizen

Before I start, I would like to credit Jijonhyuni for the root method, TML1504 for the camera silencing method and fibs for extracting the SDB utility from the Tizen SDK. I couldn't find an easy guide to rooting the Gear with Tizen so I thought I'd be helpful and provide a 'how to' post.

As with all rooting guides on XDA, I take no responsibility for you damaging your device. So read first and follow with precaution.

Steps for root

1. Make sure you're using a Gear 1 (v700) not 2.
    2. Ensure that you are running the Tizen operating system. If not, you can update officially via Samsung kies.
    3. Download this image file.
    4. Download this sdb command prompt or download the SDK and just choose to install the appropriate SDB library from the installer.
    5. Download Odin
    6. Put the gear into bootloader mode. To do this, turn off the device. Then turn on and keep the power button held in until it says "Gear Rebooting...". Once it says this keep pressing the power button until the bootloader menu is displayed. At this point, press the power button once to highlight "Download" then press and hold the power button one last time to select it. This should enter downloading mode, where it warns to not turn off the target.
    7. Put the gear into the charging device and plug into your PC. If you've not done this before, wait for the driver to automatically install before proceeding to step 8.
    8. Extract then open up Odin and don't change any of the settings. All your need to do is to select 'AP' and choose the first file you downloaed 'v700_rootfs.img.tar'. Click start and wait for Odin to flash (should take around 30 seconds).
    9. Let it reboot (I think it will restart 2 times and you've successfully rooted!!!

Steps for removing camera sounds

1. Turn on 'USB debugging' on the Gear by going into Settings|Gear Info|USB Debugging.
    2. Plug your gear into your PC if it isn't already from the rooting procedure.
    3. Extract the sbd.exe and put it somewhere easy to access (ie the root of a drive). I've put mine in the root of my C: drive. hence why the first line of the commands below starts with 'C:' If you put it somewhere else, make sure you point the command prompt to the relative directory.
    4. Click the start button in Windows and type 'cmd'. Right click on 'Command Prompt' and open as administrator.
    5. Type each line, one at a time and press return. If it shows no errors, then the command should have worked successfully. Work your way through each one.

C:
    sdb root on
    sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /
    sdb shell mv /usr/share/sounds/mm-camcorder/ /usr/share/sounds/mm-camcorder_bak/
    sdb shell mv /usr/apps/com.samsung.w-camera-app/res/sounds /usr/apps/com.samsung.w-camera-app/res/sounds_bak

6. Unplug the Gear and turn off USB debugging in Settings|Gear Info|USB Debugging, then reboot the device.
    7. Take a photo/video. No sound! :D

And finally, let me know if it works!
    My pleasure. I only did it because there's so much of the "Odin|Flash|Done!" tutorials these days and it really doesn't help beginners. Just doing my bit :)

Thanks for the tutorial. Nicely done!
    It's simple enough just to download sdb and the appropriate libs correctly from the tizen download tool.

Unselect everything and just tick SDK development tools ; 1.6M download.
    It's simple enough just to download sdb and the appropriate libs correctly from the tizen download tool.

Unselect everything and just tick SDK development tools ; 1.6M download.

Nice one....I'll add it to the first post.
    HI guys !!
    i'm trying to put the shutter off but in the command prompt that says error msg: target not found do you have an idea to solve this ??
    I faced the same problem and solved by installing the drivers from here http://down2.local.sec.samsung.com/...load/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip