FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them

9,959 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,813
 
By Goku80, Senior Member on 1st March 2013, 12:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2013, 02:55 PM |#81  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,813
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]|-|oR

Lucky you, I had to study on college (university in my case)

Goku, sorry for the OT.

no worries my friend...do not worry i am not offended if people talk OT here..just as long as it is not to much that is

surprised no one else is having any wakelocks issues...hehe maybe my guide is useful after all
 
 
14th March 2013, 03:04 PM |#82  
M@c|-|oR's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Niš
Thanks Meter: 301
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80

no worries my friend...do not worry i am not offended if people talk OT here..just as long as it is not to much that is

surprised no one else is having any wakelocks issues...hehe maybe my guide is useful after all

You bet it is. Remember when I was bitching about a wakelock sucking my battery over night?
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected]|-|oR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected]|-|oR Ad-Free
14th March 2013, 03:11 PM |#83  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,813
 
More
Re: [GUIDE] Wakelocks Definition and how to prevent them
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]|-|oR

You bet it is. Remember when I was bitching about a wakelock sucking my battery over night?

Did anything here helped my friend

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
14th March 2013, 03:27 PM |#84  
M@c|-|oR's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Niš
Thanks Meter: 301
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80

Did anything here helped my friend

That's what I' talking about - after you helped me in RENOVATE therad, I came here and read in and out what you wrote. No problems since then.
14th March 2013, 05:41 PM |#85  
kris234's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Hey, Thanks for the guide but i have a question. What is power_key_wakelock?
I got an average battery drain when im in screen on and i think i can reduce it.. Overnight i have like 1-2% drops which is great but when i turn it on ... :/
I disabled all sync accounts, no gmails, using friendcaster, no google maps and disabled all services, using waze as u suggested in ur post :}
I am running Renovate 3 with xm106 kernel with no UC for now.
Here are the ss
14th March 2013, 05:47 PM |#86  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,813
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris234

Hey, Thanks for the guide but i have a question. What is power_key_wakelock?
I got an average battery drain when im in screen on and i think i can reduce it.. Overnight i have like 1-2% drops which is great but when i turn it on ... :/
I disabled all sync accounts, no gmails, using friendcaster, no google maps and disabled all services, using waze as u suggested in ur post :}
I am running Renovate 3 with xm106 kernel with no UC for now.
=

have you got s2w turned on or off mate?
14th March 2013, 05:55 PM |#87  
kris234's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Ehm no :s, can you tell me how in Renovate 3 please ?
14th March 2013, 05:58 PM |#88  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,813
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris234

Ehm no :s, can you tell me how in Renovate 3 please ?

download trickster mod from the playstore...it is free..once you downloaded that scroll all the way to the right...and there you have the option to disable it..once that is disabled you should notice that wakelock come noticeably down

EDIT: to be honest mate...and this goes to everyone else as well....i would not worry about kernel wakelocks..the one that you guys should be worrying about is partial wakelocks..the higher the ones you have in that list the bad it is on the battery...if anyone wants to know about kernel wakelocks it is in the first page but here is also a brief explanation

Kernel wakelocks are low level/hardware wakelocks from the kernel. We can only reduce these by modifying the kernel or reducing the usage of a certain feature of the kernel. By researching these we can improve the battery consumption and performance of the Kernel.

as you can see your wakelock Kris234 has to do with the kernel...like i mentioned either disable s2w if you are not using it or jump on a newer version of XM and see if Xmister has fixed the issue
The Following User Says Thank You to Goku80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Goku80 Ad-Free
14th March 2013, 06:02 PM |#89  
kris234's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80

download trickster mod from the playstore...it is free..once you downloaded that scroll all the way to the right...and there you have the option to disable it..once that is disabled you should notice that wakelock come noticeably down

Okey will do man, really thanks!!! i will post my results as soon as i get a new cycle
14th March 2013, 06:04 PM |#90  
Goku80's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,813
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris234

Okey will do man, really thanks!!! i will post my results as soon as i get a new cycle

thanks and read above again i edited my post for you my friend
The Following User Says Thank You to Goku80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Goku80 Ad-Free
14th March 2013, 06:14 PM |#91  
BS86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Regensburg
Thanks Meter: 1,162
 
More
just a little question, as you seem to be the one that knows wakelocks best, although i have no HTC

i have no drain issues, but I have a little bit more wakelocks coming from "dhd_wake_lock" then i get from PowerManagerService.

Just wanted to know what this wakelock means, and what it does.
Just found that thread here, but it is not answered there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38488512
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes