What is stopping you from using CM9/AOKP as a daily?

Search This thread

goodpup420

Jun 1, 2011
cm10 kang.

really great build just as the cm9 alpha-rc2 was/are although cm9 seemed to drain battery really fast and gave me wonky battery readings but i still was using it as a daily. now using cm10 as a daily driver with all inverted apps installed and lovin it. seems to have increased battery life for me but that might be due to my use of google voice search for lots of things i used to open up apps and do manually before. its a little slow to get running when i reboot but then im running adfree and things at the beginning so im patient. everything for me has been working flawlessly. a few apps i use regularly have a tendency to stall and fc but im assuming this gets better as apps devs tighten things up for jelly bean.

any word on getting that build some ota updates with the new ota update center app or even rom manager love? not tryin to be a total lazy ***** i just dont know how easy or difficult it is to do these kinds of things and im the type that sticks to one rom once ive found one i love and i love me some jelly bean on my epic

Last edited:

Effsi

Jan 25, 2009
www.effsi.net
Cm7 still holds top spot for me. Now with the nexus modem I don't see that changing until cm10 has developed more. Cm9 never performed how I would want outside of my home with battery drain but if i stayed home it was pretty well behaved.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

goodpup420

Jun 1, 2011
On the cm10 thread did u say u had a later build then the 7/30 one that's posted? is that one that turned out not as stable?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

Effsi

Jan 25, 2009
www.effsi.net
Its just as stable as the previous 7.30 build from what I briefly experienced before moving on to xbox's nexus cm7. Its just the 0808 compiled build posted in the thread with some things like sgtkwol suggested for others. In the future to keep things on topic I suggest messaging me directly or using the right thread. :)

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

goodpup420

Jun 1, 2011
What was the difference?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I'm not allowed to post in any of these threads yet

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please share what is preventing you from using ICS roms. The Cyanogenmod developers for the Epic do not know what to fix unless you tell them. Currently I feel that CM9 is fully working for the Epic and have not run into a bug. It feels more stable than a stock ROM to me.

Please try to reproduce the issue on a clean CM9 (latest version) without a custom kernel and after wiping data before posting.
    Punctuation.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 4.0.4
    I'm new to this so bare with me I recently rooted and am running cm9 beta3 and the reloaded update but right after the reloaded update I'm not able to access mass storage when conected to pc and on phone I get "unfortunately ui has stopped" any suggestions!

Don't use reloaded then. Run cm9 the way the devs built it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4
    Oh and Marcus you owe me a TWNyan.
    Me takes you into the android police for bribing an officer(Mod).
    You have the right to silence your phone, anything you type or code will be used against you in a court of technology, you have the superuser right to have a...... U get the joke tried to do all the miranda rights but its not that funny.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Shoulda said "Anything you type or code will be used in open source.".

Lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2