[Workaround/Solution]Porting Custom ROM WP7.x for Dell Venue Pro[INFO][IMG][More/...]

Search This thread

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
lemme check it out
edit
nosker is right
this one rebuilds perfectly and everything
I think it is prime for some registry editing and other things!
in fact its perfect to rebuild and re create the imgfs file
question is does this mean we can just slip it in the same .ffu and flash it that way?

Last edited:

Igoran

Sep 14, 2006
Saint-Petersburg
Nokser, i downloaded your "Dump_Catalog_Dell_VenuePro_OsBuilder", extracted it, install lastest OSBuilder and open extracted folder in OSBuilder.
Make some registry changes in .rgu file of OEM/OemApps section related to developer unlock and prevent relocking. Then after Check/Clean rgu files, click "Play" and the ROM compiled successful without errors. New files in /Dump/Temp directory are created (imgfs_new.bin, xip_new.bin, and others txt...).

So, i think we need the magic tool to convert this to make DVP compatible FFU with all necessary things like Radio fw, and other's (or not? i don't know, i'm not prof developer :) ).

And we need a brave and fearless guy to flash this FIRST CUSTOM 7004 DVP ROM with developer unlock! :)

If everything is worked, next step is update SYS part to at least 7720/7740 and (more important and hard) OEM and XIP part from official Dell Mango fw update, that we current don't have in FFU file (this update coming to our DVP only with Zune update :( ).

Last edited:

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
Nokser, i downloaded your "Dump_Catalog_Dell_VenuePro_OsBuilder", extracted it, install lastest OSBuilder and open extracted folder in OSBuilder.
Make some registry changes in .rgu file of OEM/OemApps section related to developer unlock and prevent relocking. Then after Check/Clean rgu files, click "Play" and the ROM compiled successful without errors. New files in /Dump/Temp directory are created (imgfs_new.bin, xip_new.bin, and others txt...).

So, i think we need the magic tool to convert this to make DVP compatible FFU with all necessary things like Radio fw, and other's (or not? i don't know, i'm not prof developer :) ).

And we need a brave and fearless guy to flash this FIRST CUSTOM 7004 DVP ROM with developer unlock! :)

If everything is worked, next step is update SYS part to at least 7720/7740 and (more important and hard) OEM and XIP part from official Dell Mango fw update, that we current don't have in FFU file (this update coming to our DVP only with Zune update :( ).

LMFAO you beat me to the punch I just said that thanks
you can post the .ffu and I'll flash too I was going to do EXACTLY THE SAME THING

edit again
imho if possible add a few more registry entries like in the themes that way we can know the registry edits are sticking

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

we do have some of the update packages its linked in the huge cab thread over in wp7 dev and hacking...in theory updating the info should be as easy as replacing a few pkgs....

Last edited:

Igoran

Sep 14, 2006
Saint-Petersburg
I wrote i can't make FFU from imgfs_new.bin and xip_new.bin. :)
Only Nokser can do this with his tools at this moment.
One way: i can post this 2 files (about 135 Mb), Nokser download it, make FFU file and post it.
Another way: he can explain to all us or private me how to make this and post his tool.

I think his tool not finished to public release. I hope then this tool is done, he post it here. :)

Edit: sorry guys, i want write CAN NOT make FFU! Sorry for my bad english...

Last edited:

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
I wrote i can make FFU from imgfs_new.bin and xip_new.bin. :)
Only Nokser can do this with his tools.
One way: i can post this 2 files (about 135 Mb), Nokser download it, make FFU file and post it.
Another way: he can explain to all us or private me how to make this and post his tool.

I think his tool not finished to public release. I hope then this tool is done, he post it here. :)

ditto...
and ditto to that!

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
What we need is a custom certificate installed so we can install our own cab files

now how does one get to that? i should ask xboxmod/yuki/heathcliff about it...I'm sure they know a bit better than we do thus far
I just forget the file its in

But the big thing is putting the other packages into the imgfs...I'm not sure if it is possible nor what's done in the update process so I should read a bit later on how updates are carried through the sys/oem portion

but at the very least there is a lot of progress for today

Reactions: Gorokhovsky

Igoran

Sep 14, 2006
Saint-Petersburg
can you link me to any of the tutorials?
Here the base tutorial and tool:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1240455

And here some additional explains:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=520009

If we plan build own DVP cabs we need use own certificat, make its with certificate tools: http://xboxmod.sylvester20007.com/tools/certificate-tools.rar

And inject new own certificate in \SYS\Metadata\DefaultCerts.dat with unknown tool. :(
May be for this we can simply run unlocked fw, use WP Root tools ) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1265321 ) to inject our cert and export result file DefaultCerts.dat from this running fw and include it into our kitchen.

If we plan use ready DFT custom cabs, we need to simply copy DefaultCerts.dat from any custom DFT ROM to our kitchen (but i don't sure for this, because DFT ROMS is for HTC, and our ROM may contain additional DELL certs, that we missiing in that case).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now it is possible. Construction of a new system for the Dell VenuePro!!!

Slide1.PNG

Workaround/Solution:
    --We have new way/solution upgrade other invalid/without header(HashTable.blob) ROM/FFU files
    --We need people who have Factory Unlock ROM in Device Dell Venue Pro aka Lightning..
    --More Coming Soon.. :)

Info/Q/A:
    --HashTable - provides for the device, such data as:
    - The size of the system image
    - Date of creation
    - Size / Data Partition
    - Distribution Sector
    - Data Modification
    - etc

--In this moment more DVP users, gets a location file TMO hashtable device.

Example Info HashTable:
    --TMO Image System .FFU have a size: 163MB, we have this same info size in HashTable on .CAB file
    --We get this file form C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\XXX, when device is in update process..
    --In summary, the CAB file is equal to the file FFU :)

How to this File CAB/FFU:
    --We get this file only, when we update wp7 on device
    --Go to C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\'c1661afb - e369573d - 3aed7bd8 - 23e8cf51'\Update\ folder.
    --When u see 'Downloading updates:', then you must copy this file .CAB for another directory, example to Desktop
    --Time for a copy of the file is less than 20-30 seconds
    --This All

Big Thank's:
    -Mofotech
    - Helped in obtaining the device.

If you still like my work for this device, you see all news on fb:
    http://www.facebook.com/upeproduct
    or PM

Copyright (c) 2012 UPE Product by Nokser
    All Right Reserved.
    Update thread :) post #1
    I'm probably going to upgrade to the HTC8X next week which would leave me with a spare, fully working, DVP. I'm tempted to donate it to this project..
    I still wait for reaction my Bank etc...

Don't worry I am sending it anyways. Even if Paypal doesn't send the money in time. You should have the DVP very soon. Good luck !
    Are you going to give Nokser the DVP? We need to know it because if not we'll donate to him to get one.

I sure am sending him one!!!!! LOL , I hope he can make some magic with it as of custom roms. I will ship it to him on Monday. OMG sorry for the delay, didn't know Nokser posted here I was sending him one. OMG..Would have been more active in getting the phone and sending it to him. But on Monday it will be shipped over the pond and hopefully he should have it by the end of week. GO NOKSER!!!