• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Mezza mezza.

Well, I installed the ROM and it booted after I changed from the JBear 1.58.5858 bootloader back to the engineering (ENG) 1.04 bootloader, which I thought would be required. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get WiFi to activate and the camera shows only a black screen until I exit it and then it shows an image for a split second.

Do you know of any tricks I can try to address these issues?

ramjet73

Lens_flare

Mar 2, 2010
Tomsk
Sorry about that guys....to fix wifi flash another jb compatible kernel like bigwillyg rls05 also if having issues with cam i found using a jb cm cam and replacing in root explorer and setting right permissions fixes the issues

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Sorry about that guys....to fix wifi flash another jb compatible kernel like bigwillyg rls05 also if having issues with cam i found using a jb cm cam and replacing in root explorer and setting right permissions fixes the issues
OK, thanks. I'll flash ButteredToast RLS5 and grab the camera from Disarmed Toaster and let you know how it goes.

ramjet73

Lens_flare

Mar 2, 2010
Tomsk
Great....the problem was is that is the stock miui cam....got tweak it a little before it is fully functional and fully able to work

:)

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
All good!

Great....the problem was is that is the stock miui cam....got tweak it a little before it is fully functional and fully able to work

:)
I flashed ButteredToast RLS5 for AOSP and installed Camera JB+ and now WiFi and camera both work. It appears that the Disarmed Toaster camera consists of multiple pieces and I didn't want to take a chance on missing any.

Thanks again for the ROM.

ramjet73

Lens_flare

Mar 2, 2010
Tomsk
Your welcome if you could PM the link to the cam parts would ve most appreciated so i can switch it out thanks

Lens_flare

Lens_flare

Mar 2, 2010
Tomsk
Edit:
Nevermind just take any JB CAM AND PUT IN SYSTEM/APP
Then Set Permissions

Lens_flare

Last edited:

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Didn't see it in the OP so I'll go ahead and ask........is the latest version 2.9.29 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 ???

Lens_flare

Mar 2, 2010
Tomsk
This is 2.9.29 4.1.1
FYI we updated android base to 4.1.1 on miui build 2.10.12
(I am skipping 2.10.12 and going straight to the next weeks build on friday)
And no clue who this is??:confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread Closed.

User was a secondary account of a banned "developer".
    Yes, wimax took me a while but I figured since I built it on muiandroid, i'd release it to lens, cause he's really been a cool guy. Unfortunately after Hurricane Sandy, my area no longer has Wimax and many of us have no power still. Sprint assures me it will be back by November 8th, so I'll keep working on it but I cannot really test which really makes things tough.
    To all,
    IM here to only help you guys and build for this device.
    I dont even use this device for a phone so it doesnt matter to me.
    Just remember any urgent help or specific questions you have. Just ask im always happy to answer anything.
    If you need something from me but cant get a hold of me ....contact me at lenssflare@gmail.com
    Wow just to let everyone know porting miui be extremely difficult reason being that they use a type of obfustication on their main libraries one of which is miuisystemui.apk. but lens and I are talking and testing things of each others every night almost. My attempts at the 4g icon have been boot loops today but lens may be able to work it out. This is his ROM really but we team up on this bad boy for stuff like the fix for 3 way reboot and the new themes which require insane edits to the binary installd. I am just glad to work with someone as good as lens as he's been around way before me and helped me get good enough to be able to tackle wimax as its implemented different on miui like most other things. I just want everyone to remember he deserves all the props I would never have the time to do everything it takes to truly support a ROM. For that all these guys and their teams deserve props for giving us all new stuff to try on our devices that without them would be constrained to HTC. And of course like some of the cool users that let us know when we forget stuff so we can get our ROMs more up to snuff!

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2
    You guys are in for a surprise...:)
    I got Wimax fully working (thanks CMB)
    Adding 4.2 cam and keyboard now..
    -2.10.26 Nightly 1
    Also adding beats back in