htc one x stuck on bootloop while rooting

Search This thread

b2jeeet

Feb 6, 2013
already rooted !!!

Simple explanation, the kernel and hboot function sort of as a bios of a pc. It interacts with the software.

A kernel flasher....you don't need that if you flash the boot.img (kernel) straight from fastboot. The flasher does the same.

just came into attention that i have flashed the android revolution hd rom, and it's rooted. it has super user app inside it. does custom roms have built in root feature? cause i didnt root it i have just flashed the rom thats it

b2jeeet

Feb 6, 2013
i tried to install viper x 4.0.7 in my phone several times. i am following the exact procedure but, when aroma installer starts installing it shows some error. the installer shows that install is complete and asks for a reboot. after reboot i am at my android revolution hd 33.1 rom. i want to install viper x 4.0.7 on my phone, pls tell me what is going wrong. is that for HBOOT, i have HBOOT version 1.73...

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
i tried to install viper x 4.0.7 in my phone several times. i am following the exact procedure but, when aroma installer starts installing it shows some error. the installer shows that install is complete and asks for a reboot. after reboot i am at my android revolution hd 33.1 rom. i want to install viper x 4.0.7 on my phone, pls tell me what is going wrong. is that for HBOOT, i have HBOOT version 1.73...

Select the factory reset in recovery....flash the viper x zip but don't select there full wipe...otherwise installation won't work...then install via fastboot the boot.img of viper and the phone should work normally with viperx on it :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

b2jeeet

Feb 6, 2013
Select the factory reset in recovery....flash the viper x zip but don't select there full wipe...otherwise installation won't work...then install via fastboot the boot.img of viper and the phone should work normally with viperx on it :)

again same problem, i did the factory reset...then flashed the viperx.zip. the installer prompted full wipe, but i changed it to without wipe. then at the final menu same error, installer shows installation compelted, which didn't take 2 seconds i suppose, and asks for a reboot. when i click on yes, it boots up to android revolution hd 33.1 rom. i wanted viper x, cause it has lots of mods. what to do next?

after the installing it asked me to save the logs. i saved it, but inside my phone there is a empty viperx text file

b2jeeet

Feb 6, 2013
Try to re-download the Rom...maybe a corrupted zip...even if it doesn't shoe anything...one missing file and it won't work

again dowloaded the ROM, and tried the same procedure but no luck.
while starting the aroma installer it says
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "endeavoru
getprop("ro.build.product") == "endeavoru
getprop(ro.product.board)== "endeavoru
takes one second and shows installation complete. then reboot now.after reboot i'm at my Android Revolution HD 33.1.
viper x not installing. what to do?

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
again dowloaded the ROM, and tried the same procedure but no luck.
while starting the aroma installer it says
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "endeavoru
getprop("ro.build.product") == "endeavoru
getprop(ro.product.board)== "endeavoru
takes one second and shows installation complete. then reboot now.after reboot i'm at my Android Revolution HD 33.1.
viper x not installing. what to do?

Why didn't you say this earlier that this error pops up? Man you need another recovery which are you using now?

Reactions: b2jeeet

b2jeeet

Feb 6, 2013
Or this here http://sourceforge.net/projects/others/files/One X/recovery.img/download it's your choice :) that's the latest twrp test img with which you can flash kitkat and sense roms without changing each time the recovery

i have flashed philz recovery and then installed viperx. this time no problem, installed correctly. i will check twrp recovery too that you provided. in philz recovery when i put mount usb storage on, the device doesn't show up in my computer.. does twrp has that option? i previously installed
an old version of cwm recovery,it was working fine then.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
You have to wait maybe a couple of minutes before it pops up....so giv it time !

b2jeeet

Feb 6, 2013
You have to wait maybe a couple of minutes before it pops up....so giv it time !

i have installed twrp recovery. in the venom hub i also applied venom theme in the recovery.my previous rom backup was done by cwm recovery.
can i restore those previous cwm rom backup using twrp recovery? or do i again have to flash cwm in order to restore my previous back up?

Top Liked Posts