bootloop/lockscreen freezed

Search This thread

straciatella

Sep 15, 2018
hello. i bought an old wildfire; s-off, h-boot 1.0.xxxx and i installed new stock rom (method flashing zip via bootloader) and the boot is veeery long; i think i waited 10 minutes, and after that the stock lockscreen remained blocked...i cant turn off the display, actioning the volume or making any gesture...is freezed, dead... and still same if i remove battery and turn on again...what can be done?

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
hello. i bought an old wildfire; s-off, h-boot 1.0.xxxx and i installed new stock rom (method flashing zip via bootloader) and the boot is veeery long; i think i waited 10 minutes, and after that the stock lockscreen remained blocked...i cant turn off the display, actioning the volume or making any gesture...is freezed, dead... and still same if i remove battery and turn on again...what can be done?

Hi there, I saw your comment on the other thread but decided to reply here. If you have reflashed the stock rom and its crashing at the lock screen you only have two choices really. 1: Try a custom rom like cyanogenmod 7 to see if the lighter rom runs on your old hardware. 2: Give up on the phone.

I accept that 2 may not be what you want to hear but this device is very old now (in phone years) and a lot of the services that used to support it well, like the android market (Google play) do not really support this device. If you only really want to use the phone for phone calls a cheap "dumb" phone will perform much better than this device in that regard.

If you do want to try though, cm7 is your best bet as it gave the best "performance"on this device back in its hayday.

Best of luck.

Reactions: straciatella

straciatella

Sep 15, 2018
Hi there, I saw your comment on the other thread but decided to reply here. If you have reflashed the stock rom and its crashing at the lock screen you only have two choices really. 1: Try a custom rom like cyanogenmod 7 to see if the lighter rom runs on your old hardware. 2: Give up on the phone.

I accept that 2 may not be what you want to hear but this device is very old now (in phone years) and a lot of the services that used to support it well, like the android market (Google play) do not really support this device. If you only really want to use the phone for phone calls a cheap "dumb" phone will perform much better than this device in that regard.

If you do want to try though, cm7 is your best bet as it gave the best "performance"on this device back in its hayday.

Best of luck.

mya...i tryed before to install cm7,9,10 etc, but still same... i was hoping that ill repair it not for daily use ,services.with apps ,etc, but only for calling and messaging. anyway, thanks for your answer :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best of luck.