[ROM] Defy+ 4.5.1-134 DFP-231 en.EU (2.3.6) CEE (Root)

Search This thread

Chamelleon

May 16, 2010
Kraków, Poland
LG G6
LG G7 ThinQ
Hi, I've done OTA update of DFP-231 on Nandroid Backup of DFP-125 and after that I protected root by OTA RootKeeper and made full backup of rooted DFP-231 rom and it's working fine.
Unfortunately by mistake I restored 2.3.5 DFP-125 and killed my phone so I had to flash full sbf of DFP-231 so now I'm stuck on DFP-231 and I can't restore my backup. Any chance to restore it somehow or only way is waiting for new script for root tools??

20120309150200.jpg
20120309150122.jpg

- Clean backup without no modifications.
- New lock animation.
- Maybe better camera.
- Maybe WiFi problem but after few hours with this rom I didn't noticed any.

Installation:

Gingerbread:

Put system.ext3.tar and nandroid.md5 on sd/clockworkmod/backup and restore system only. It should be works fine.

Froyo:

Same method as Gingerbread but kernel from Gingerbread is needed. Kernel from Walter79
Install Kernel only if you have froyo kernel by update zip or install zip in CWM.

DO NOT RESTORE ANYTHING EXCEPT SYSTEM OR YOU'LL STUCK WITH DFP-231. Rest of package uploaded only for advanced users.

Link on Mediafire
Kernel http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=794187&d=1322184355
Pass for archive: zaduszki

Last edited:

customromfan

Jan 13, 2012
Dresden
I tried it. Works fine. But i think it's more secure if u upload a rar-file that only contains the system.ext3.tar and the checksum. So nobody can flash the whole backup. ;)

Sent from my MB526 using XDA

FraRiva91

Sep 27, 2011
Oggiono (LC)
i suppose only GB kernel is neeed, not fixed sbf!

EDIT: so this rom is available in italian language, has NO deepsleep enabled and camera is NOT at 720p right?

Last edited:

Chamelleon

May 16, 2010
Kraków, Poland
LG G6
LG G7 ThinQ
I can't give You correct answer now cause I'm using Vodaphone version of this rom now cause I'm stuck with BL7 and after restoring 2.3.5 by mistake I needed to reflash it with full sbf but on Vodaphone version deep sleep working well and no 720p so on en.EU version should be the same. Maybe someone who flash it can give You answer about language packages.

Last edited:
Reactions: FraRiva91

GodSlayer

Jun 23, 2011
Simply delete the boot.img and devtree.img values from the nandroid.md5, so the checksum will fail.

Chamelleon

May 16, 2010
Kraków, Poland
LG G6
LG G7 ThinQ
That's it. As you suggested to do so, I just tried it. And it works. To ensure that nothing can go wrong, I deleted everything but md5 and system. :)

-= sent from my MB525 using XDA =-

Thank for answer but I'm curious how it works on Froyo. Any chance that it could work with Walter's fixed sbf from MS2Ginger?? Sorry for bothering but people still asking me about it and I can't even test it cause I'm on BL7 and quite new in android so I can't be sure without testing something.

customromfan

Jan 13, 2012
Dresden
I'm sure it doesn't work with Froyo. I'm on Gingerbread but with BL6. That's why I thank you for your nandroid-backup. This made it possible for me to update without the risk to get BL7.

-= sent from my MB525 using XDA =-

Last edited:

FraRiva91

Sep 27, 2011
Oggiono (LC)
i flashed GB kernel through recovery and restore only system...it works great! there is italian language and also a strange greek keyboard in addiction to swype and default keyboard!

Joe31

Sep 29, 2008
CG39.smg

Hi everyone!
I have is request !!!!
If somebody Installed this the nandroid backup, Please save system in CG39.smg.
Instruction:
Install SDK on PC.
Enter commands:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/system of=/sdcard/CG39.smg

CG39.smg saved in SD card. Please upload this for me.
Thanks!!!!

Last edited:

free2live

Jun 2, 2010
Around the corner
Hi everyone!
I have is request !!!!
If somebody Installed this the nandroid backup, Please save system in CG39.smg.
Instruction:
Install SDK on PC.
Enter commands:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/system of=/sdcard/CG39.smg

CG39.smg saved in SD card. Please upload this for me.
Thanks!!!!

i dont have the nandroid installed but i'll do it for you and all the people that are trapped..as soon as i get home..in 2 and half hours

Reactions: Joe31

free2live

Jun 2, 2010
Around the corner
i changed the link..and if joe31 is thinking good it might help root this rom..i'll try something later...

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

anyone who has flashed full BL7 rom and is willing to try to have root please try to flash this file and let me know if it works

Reactions: coelho_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I've done OTA update of DFP-231 on Nandroid Backup of DFP-125 and after that I protected root by OTA RootKeeper and made full backup of rooted DFP-231 rom and it's working fine.
    Unfortunately by mistake I restored 2.3.5 DFP-125 and killed my phone so I had to flash full sbf of DFP-231 so now I'm stuck on DFP-231 and I can't restore my backup. Any chance to restore it somehow or only way is waiting for new script for root tools??

20120309150200.jpg
    20120309150122.jpg

- Clean backup without no modifications.
    - New lock animation.
    - Maybe better camera.
    - Maybe WiFi problem but after few hours with this rom I didn't noticed any.

Installation:

Gingerbread:

Put system.ext3.tar and nandroid.md5 on sd/clockworkmod/backup and restore system only. It should be works fine.

Froyo:

Same method as Gingerbread but kernel from Gingerbread is needed. Kernel from Walter79
    Install Kernel only if you have froyo kernel by update zip or install zip in CWM.

DO NOT RESTORE ANYTHING EXCEPT SYSTEM OR YOU'LL STUCK WITH DFP-231. Rest of package uploaded only for advanced users.

Link on Mediafire
    Kernel http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=794187&d=1322184355
    Pass for archive: zaduszki
    first link up:http://ge.tt/6L12q7F/v/0
    if you want only cg39 extract with motoandroid depacker
    Rooted cg39 link: http://ge.tt/6L12q7F/v/1
    try compiling this with dfp125
    I uploaded whole pack cause I didn't know how it work and assume that maybe boot and recovery could be needed to install it how it was to update OTA. So You restored only system and md5 and it working without no fixed sbf??
    Try THIS. If it wont work I'll reup this in parts tommorow cause I have too ****ty network at home and only at work I can upload something more than txt documents.