FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
Looking for a full sized, nicely weighted, pen-feel stylus that has definitely been confirmed to work with the 2014 edition with no offset etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to jkcarp94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jkcarp94 Ad-Free
15th October 2013, 01:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Same here! I had a bamboo feel which had an offset. I've e-mailed bamboo to see which of their model's work but I haven't heard back yet. I'm wondering if the samsung one works well. I can't find it in any local stores though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1A0163V84UKHW
The Following User Says Thank You to gina$zanboti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gina$zanboti Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 04:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina$zanboti

Same here! I had a bamboo feel which had an offset. I've e-mailed bamboo to see which of their model's work but I haven't heard back yet. I'm wondering if the samsung one works well. I can't find it in any local stores though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1A0163V84UKHW

I have a sense this one won't work either, as one of the reviews says it's slightly off on the Note 8.0. Seems like the same issue.
16th October 2013, 04:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzbaronz

I have a sense this one won't work either, as one of the reviews says it's slightly off on the Note 8.0. Seems like the same issue.

I was afraid of that.
20th October 2013, 03:36 AM |#5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 99

More
I've been using a Microsoft Surface stylus without any issue. Please note I do not keep "show stylus" enabled on my Notes, but where the pen lands is where the pen draws, there is no offset with actually writing / drawing. The eraser also works. I figured I would give it a try once I heard Microsoft has a Wacom Digitizer.

Best price is surprisingly Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pen-for-...0pen&cp=1&lp=1 Amazon is quite a bit more http://www.amazon.com/Original-Micro...face+rt+stylus
20th October 2013, 04:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo

I've been using a Microsoft Surface stylus without any issue. Please note I do not keep "show stylus" enabled on my Notes, but where the pen lands is where the pen draws, there is no offset with actually writing / drawing. The eraser also works. I figured I would give it a try once I heard Microsoft has a Wacom Digitizer.

Best price is surprisingly Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pen-for-...0pen&cp=1&lp=1 Amazon is quite a bit more http://www.amazon.com/Original-Micro...face+rt+stylus

interesting! I might have to go out and buy one tomorrow!
12th March 2014, 03:46 AM |#7  
Flag Chino
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina$zanboti

I was afraid of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzbaronz

I have the Bamboo Stylus Feel as well I do like the fact it it a full size stylus but will have to agree with you both on the offset
actually the pen senor is really off I tried changing the nibs ass well same thing only way for it to be an exact accuracy is holding the pen in a straight upright position like you're using a fine paint brush and using the tip to draw the lines with but if you hold it tilted like a normal pen it will be offset it's like the screen detects it but the whole nib not just the tip and Wacom needs to do something about that so the tip of the nib it the only thing giving out the sensor and not the entire nib...
15th March 2014, 05:37 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
How long did it take for wacom to ship the bamboo stylus? Did they send you an email once they had shipped it? I ordered one lost tuesday, and all l've gotten is an email saying they've taken my $. Any feedback as to how long it took you to receive the pen? Also, where do they ship from? Which city?
Thanks
17th March 2014, 06:46 PM |#9  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherring002

How long did it take for wacom to ship the bamboo stylus? Did they send you an email once they had shipped it? I ordered one lost tuesday, and all l've gotten is an email saying they've taken my $. Any feedback as to how long it took you to receive the pen? Also, where do they ship from? Which city?
Thanks

I only received the initial email as well. On the plus side, I received the stylus within a week.
15th March 2014, 10:04 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zing88

I have the Bamboo Stylus Feel as well I do like the fact it it a full size stylus but will have to agree with you both on the offset
actually the pen senor is really off I tried changing the nibs ass well same thing only way for it to be an exact accuracy is holding the pen in a straight upright position like you're using a fine paint brush and using the tip to draw the lines with but if you hold it tilted like a normal pen it will be offset it's like the screen detects it but the whole nib not just the tip and Wacom needs to do something about that so the tip of the nib it the only thing giving out the sensor and not the entire nib...

I dont think they can. From my understanding it works off magnetic fields. The actual thing its sensing is back behind the nib pretty far. Pressure on a button from touching the nib to the screen increases the field intensity resulting in a "press" you can actually push the nib down and used the note without touching the screen at all. It also works with two pends held together

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)