[Q] Huge Battery Usage After XXUDNC1 Firmware Update

Search This thread

cypherlwind

Jan 15, 2012
Penang
Hello XDA,

I am experiencing battery drain issue after I had my Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) updated to XXUDNC1 recently. Does anyone facing same experience as I am? Please advise and looking for some solution to it. Many thanks!

2014-03-23-12-47-54.jpg

2014-03-23-12-48-10.jpg

2014-03-23-12-48-20.png

2014-03-23-12-48-30.jpg

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
Hello XDA,

I am experiencing battery drain issue after I had my Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) updated to XXUDNC1 recently. Does anyone facing same experience as I am? Please advise and looking for some solution to it. Many thanks!

View attachment 2645166

View attachment 2645167

View attachment 2645168

View attachment 2645169

I read a report about some faulty code (something about a camera daemon) that was keeping the camera in memory after it was no longer needed in KitKat builds....apparently Google's working on a fix...
This could be it. Or maybe your problem is different...if you're rooted, you can try wiping cache, dalvik, and battery stats....

(<---Remember to Thank me if this helps :good:)

cypherlwind

Jan 15, 2012
Penang
I read a report about some faulty code (something about a camera daemon) that was keeping the camera in memory after it was no longer needed in KitKat builds....apparently Google's working on a fix...
This could be it. Or maybe your problem is different...if you're rooted, you can try wiping cache, dalvik, and battery stats....

(<---Remember to Thank me if this helps :good:)

Hi,

My phone is not rooted.

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hi,

My phone is not rooted.

are you on Wifi ? Saw your wifi always ON, but no wifi icon on your status bar.
if you are not on wifi, but your wifi always on, try to off "always scan" in the advanced wifi setting.

Other than that, you can try to off your google location. go to account, google, location. OFF it.

if still not work, since you are on stock non rooted, try to do factory reset, go to recovery (vol up + home + power), and do wipe from there.

cypherlwind

Jan 15, 2012
Penang
are you on Wifi ? Saw your wifi always ON, but no wifi icon on your status bar.
if you are not on wifi, but your wifi always on, try to off "always scan" in the advanced wifi setting.

Other than that, you can try to off your google location. go to account, google, location. OFF it.

if still not work, since you are on stock non rooted, try to do factory reset, go to recovery (vol up + home + power), and do wipe from there.

Hi,

I do not really understand "wipe" ... sorry I am not expert in it. My apologies.