[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

parasharenator

May 9, 2011
bootloop when flashin 4.1

I ODIN'd my phone to stock JFD 2.1 . Then rooted. Then thru CWM: formatted, Cleaned & wiped.
Then flashed t959_4.1.zip and it flashed very fast ( as per install option 2)
and now stuck in bootloop.
The problem is I can't get into recovery mode using Vol Up, Vol Down & power combination
first screen while powering on is "Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000" (Why does it say GT-i9000, i have been getting this since the very first ROM, Darky's(meant for GT-i9000, i guess this changed the logo) that I installed, even though I have formatted everything & returned to stock JFD 2.1 many a times)
& then releasing power when Vibrant logo pops up. Even though I can get into Download mode with Vol Up & Power.
And since I can't get back into Recovery using button combination, so Iam stuck at bootloop !!

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
I ODIN'd my phone to stock JFD 2.1 . Then rooted. Then thru CWM: formatted, Cleaned & wiped.
The problem is I can't get into recovery mode using Vol Up, Vol Down & power combination
first screen while powering on is "Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000" (Why does it say GT-i9000, i have been getting this since the very first ROM, Darky's(meant for GT-i9000, i guess this changed the logo) that I installed, even though I have formatted everything & returned to stock JFD 2.1 many a times)
& then releasing power when Vibrant logo pops up. Even though I can get into Download mode with Vol Up & Power.
And since I can't get back into Recovery using button combination, so Iam stuck at bootloop !!

i9000 Bootloaders. Make sure the key combination you are using is for i9000 and not vibrant.

ali4ek

Jun 12, 2010

Vol Down ONLY + Power

romitkin

Mar 19, 2011
Upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1, with full wipe. The phone boots, but only thing I get is the status bar, and doesn't respond to any button.
Next boot, I get a bootloop.
Tried to flash twice.

McSqueeb

Oct 25, 2010
London
I flashed 4.1 from 4.0, both without doing factory reset, and also doing factory reset. After both the camcorder will not work. The camera opens OK, but switching to the camcorder causes it to quit. No other issues noted yet, but the camcorder seems to be a big one.

If you want me to test a fix for it I'll be happy to.

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1, with full wipe. The phone boots, but only thing I get is the status bar, and doesn't respond to any button.
Next boot, I get a bootloop.
Tried to flash twice.

What are you doing guys? I made the update and instruction simple yet you complicate somehow.

Flash device _4.1.zip THEN Slim_Common.zip. reboot.

Should be no issues.

Hung0702

Mar 1, 2009
Google Pixel 6
lol, for what it's worth, I updated from 4.0 to 4.1 and had no problems.

1. Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
2. Install device specific .zip
2a. If you were using a different kernel, reboot recovery.
3. Install common zip.
4. ???
5. Major profit.

Trets

Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
I flashed 4.1 from 4.0, both without doing factory reset, and also doing factory reset. After both the camcorder will not work. The camera opens OK, but switching to the camcorder causes it to quit. No other issues noted yet, but the camcorder seems to be a big one.

If you want me to test a fix for it I'll be happy to.

Same here. Other than that update was smooth as always.

ali4ek

Jun 12, 2010
I'm getting FC on all my OC Transpo apps with 4.1.
They worked fine with 4.0.

They are OC Tracker, My OC Transpo, Bus Follower.

Tried changing kernel to Subzero and Devil - same result.

Some of them I can open, but they FC as soon as they try to connect to maps, I believe. Just my guess is it's their interaction with Google Maps?

Also, after they FC and I choose "Report", I get the message
"Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped"

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
I'm getting FC on all my OC Transpo apps with 4.1.
They worked fine with 4.0.

They are OC Tracker, My OC Transpo, Bus Follower.

Tried changing kernel to Subzero and Devil - same result.

Some of them I can open, but they FC as soon as they try to connect to maps, I believe. Just my guess is it's their interaction with Google Maps?

Also, after they FC and I choose "Report", I get the message
"Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped"

Wipe apps cache. If it doesn't work wipe app data.

Trets

Feb 9, 2006
San Francisco
Tried changing to subzero (latest) & applying 720dpi fix, still FC when switching to cam.

Another issue I encountered since 4.0: I can't connect to my computer through usb anymore. Maybe it's a Mac issue, not sure.

McSqueeb

Oct 25, 2010
London
Tried changing to subzero (latest) & applying 720dpi fix, still FC when switching to cam.

Another issue I encountered since 4.0: I can't connect to my computer through usb anymore. Maybe it's a Mac issue, not sure.

4.0 works for me on USB on both XP and Win7. Didn't use 4.1 long enough to test it due to the camera FC.

shrapnelx

Aug 3, 2010
Austin, TX
Encryption unsuccessful bug?

Is this ROM affected by the encryption unsuccessful bug that seems to be hitting other ICS ROMs? Haven't seen anyone mention they've been hit with it.

McSqueeb

Oct 25, 2010
London

Is this ROM affected by the encryption unsuccessful bug that seems to be hitting other ICS ROMs? Haven't seen anyone mention they've been hit with it.

I did have one of my attempts at flashing 4.1 that, upon booting up to the OS, propmpted me that encryption had failed and it needed to be factory wiped. If this is the error in quesiton, then I experienced it once (out of 4 flashes) on 4.1, and have not had it on 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.