[Q][I9001] Dual Boot Kernel for CM 10.1

Search This thread

Jack$

Dec 23, 2013
Hi all,
I hope this is the right section for my answer. :)

I want to install CM 10.1 ION on my S plus, as a secondary ROM. The last version is release 4, but the dual boot kernel is released at 2013-12-26.

Is it support the changeset made in ROM? :confused:

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
Jack

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
Hi all,
I hope this is the right section for my answer. :)

I want to install CM 10.1 ION on my S plus, as a secondary ROM. The last version is release 4, but the dual boot kernel is released at 2013-12-26.

Is it support the changeset made in ROM? :confused:

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
Jack

That is near impossible. Not because of the inability to make a dual-boot kernel, but the size of the /system partition. I'm guessing it's around 620 MB. Let's take a hypothetical situation that someone DOES make a dual-boot compatible Kernel, and you install two ROMs, Gapps will be a problem. You must be wondering "But then there's the tiny Gapps!". But in Tiny Gapps , There is a 99% (sorry for exaggeration) chance that it won't include all the libs for other google apps to work. I'm saying this by experience, If I'm wrong, you have full liberty to correct me.

Hit Thanks if I helped!

Jack$

Dec 23, 2013
That is near impossible. Not because of the inability to make a dual-boot kernel, but the size of the /system partition. I'm guessing it's around 620 MB. Let's take a hypothetical situation that someone DOES make a dual-boot compatible Kernel, and you install two ROMs, Gapps will be a problem. You must be wondering "But then there's the tiny Gapps!". But in Tiny Gapps , There is a 99% (sorry for exaggeration) chance that it won't include all the libs for other google apps to work. I'm saying this by experience, If I'm wrong, you have full liberty to correct me.

Hit Thanks if I helped!

Hi,
thanks for reply :)

For S+ already exists a dual boot kernel, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2462783, and It works awesome :)

My question is if a old kernel version could works with last 10.1 rom version

Best regards :)
Jack

Jack$

Dec 23, 2013
Try reading what I wrote again, even if there is a kernel, There won't be enough space in the ROM

Sorry but I don't understand.
Four month ago I installed CM 10.1 R1 with dual boot kernel and GApps without problems. (no space problem)

Now, the rom version is CM 10.1 R4, but kernel is not update, so I don't know if a old kernel could be support the new ROM version.

I don't think that the space is the problem, because I have already install CM10.1 R1 as secondary ROM (also with GApps)

I hope I described my question clearly :)

Regards,
Jack

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
Sorry but I don't understand.
Four month ago I installed CM 10.1 R1 with dual boot kernel and GApps without problems. (no space problem)

Now, the rom version is CM 10.1 R4, but kernel is not update, so I don't know if a old kernel could be support the new ROM version.

I don't think that the space is the problem, because I have already install CM10.1 R1 as secondary ROM (also with GApps)

I hope I described my question clearly :)

Regards,
Jack

Good then, I don't know how it happened but, awesome!