Google Dialer Crashes

Search This thread

Imriela

May 6, 2014
So I sideloaded the Google Dialer from the Nexus devices on my rooted Verizon Galaxy S5. I downloaded the APK, copied it to /system/priv-app, changed the permissions to 644 (rw-r--r--), then ran the APK to install the dialer. I tried launching both from the app drawer and through Nova's shorcut, Actions, Google Dialer and then the first phone option; both ways loads the launcher and then immediately crashes with the error "Unfortunately, Google Dialer has stopped." Has anybody had any success getting the Google Dialer to work on their Galaxy S5? If so, any workarounds that you had to do to get it to work or did it just work? I'm wondering if it's because I froze a bloatware or installed an app that's causing a conflict. My stock Samsung dialer works fine, but I'm not a fan of that dialer and I like the local business search feature of the Google Dialer.

mfg81

Jun 16, 2014
London
I installed it, but it crashes as soon as I try to search for a person (type any key and crash). I'm not really interested in rooting my phone til CM is ready, but I hear you need to to get it working properly.

sk8rphink

Jul 15, 2014
Same here

I'm on a Verizon Galaxy S5 rooted with GEL and I tried making a shortcut to the Google Dialer with QuickShortcutMaker. The dialer crashes every time. Would love to be able to use the Google Dialer again. Coming from CM11 on a Galaxy Nexus.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
To stop it crashing, you need to clear your system caches.

Go to the Applications manager in the Settings menu and find the Google dialer in the "all" column
Choose force stop > clear cache > clear data

Now reboot to recovery mode (power phone down, then volume up + home + power)
And select clear cache
Then a normal reboot and you should be good

Last edited:

Druter

Aug 17, 2010
I am having a problem with the stock Samsung dailer, it crashes at least once whenever making a call. I tried clearing the cache that helped for a little bit but now the issue is back,. Any idea of how to get rid of this problem permanently?

7dwergen

May 1, 2009
the hague
Go to the Applications manager in the Settings menu and find the Google dialer in the "all" column
And select clear cache
thanks a lot for posting, this solved my issue on my phone : "gm5 plus d" , android 7.1 / cm14.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

And select clear cache