*[Google UPDATE] [Q] [Play Store] Error 403, unique problem

Search This thread

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Google says this issue is this: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/4430885
And there's pretty much nothing we or they can do but watch that page for updates.

My error 403 issue isn't like others that I have found from searching, allow me to explain...

I had two accounts on my device. One of the accounts had paid apps.

I have since abandoned that account, and installed numerous new ROMs on my phone, using only the other account as my now primary account

Now, the second account seems to think it has access to the paid apps that the other account purchased.

This means I can not download them, because it throws error 403 at me. Instead of showing "Purchase" as it should, it shows "Install".

This is even visible when I access the Play Store website from my computer, using only the second account.

See here:
kVPSnXm.png

Dz1kdDL.png

And please, do not suggest clearing my play store cache and all that crap, I have tried everything including going back to the stock firmware. The issue exists with my account on Googles end, but I have been back and forth emailing them for 3 weeks now, and it is like talking to a brick wall.

In short, what the frack can I do about this?
Please, if anyone has any real ideas or solutions to this I would be eternally greatful. I really don't want to have to make a whole new google account.

Last edited:

XsceneXhippieX

Oct 17, 2010
so ive tried all the fixes noted in this thread other than the breaking market links one in TiBu but the issue im dealing with is regardless of anything on this HTC one x+ (AT&T america) every rom, every time, i get 403 error upon downloading things like DraStic DS emulator and Swiftkey (i had purchased it before it went free once upon a time) and even TiBu PRO gives me the error, essentially no matter what i try i get the 403 error and when i try to install it to the HTC device from the play store on a PC it just says an error has occured try again later, which i have tried repeatedly for about 3 months now with no avail, will try the breaking play store links fix in here mentioned and report back but i think this is strange because i have no issues with this same play store account on 3 other devices

any further insight would be appreciated, i havent been able to figure it out, i mena i am only using AOSP roms and it seems to work fine on the stock rom i still have a backup of but that makes no sense that every single rom breaks my play store regardless of what version i use on any rom and nobody else on the forum knows what im talking about except on this thread

Schultz.y

Aug 15, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
Solved

I know this thread is way old, but I google'd my issue and found this thread. I found a solution, and lucky for me it was a simple solution:

From within Play Store on the device, switch to your second account! Simply open the Play Store, expand full menu, tap on your account name, then select the second account (or which ever account the paid app was originally purchased in).

After switching to a different ROM's and adding my 2 gmail accounts (both with different purchases on each), I was having Error 403 while trying to download previously purchased Titanium Backup Pro.

Hakaslak

Dec 3, 2006
...fixed...???

I think it's finally fixed for me.

When I was reinstalling my apps today on my phone (went back to stock for various reasons), I noticed that some of the troublesome paid apps were listed with prices.

I confirmed after repurchasing a known broken app that I could buy apps that were purchased on my old account!

At least for me, this issue is fixed.

Inforaid

Feb 17, 2015
www.inforaid.com
How to Fix Google Play Store Error 403

Google Play Store Error 403 is seen while updating or downloading apps from Google Play Store, which were installed using apk downloaded on PC or other device. You may also receive this error if you are using more than one Google account on your device.

Reasons for Google Play Store Error 403

- Wrong or multiple Account Sync
- Poor Internet Connectivity
- Wrong APN or Proxy Settings

How to Fix Google Play Store Error 403 in Android

Manage Google Accounts on Your Device

Clear Cache of Google Play Store

Clear Proxy Settinngs

For further help visit inforaid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google says this issue is this: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/4430885
    And there's pretty much nothing we or they can do but watch that page for updates.

My error 403 issue isn't like others that I have found from searching, allow me to explain...

I had two accounts on my device. One of the accounts had paid apps.

I have since abandoned that account, and installed numerous new ROMs on my phone, using only the other account as my now primary account

Now, the second account seems to think it has access to the paid apps that the other account purchased.

This means I can not download them, because it throws error 403 at me. Instead of showing "Purchase" as it should, it shows "Install".

This is even visible when I access the Play Store website from my computer, using only the second account.

See here:
    kVPSnXm.png

Dz1kdDL.png

And please, do not suggest clearing my play store cache and all that crap, I have tried everything including going back to the stock firmware. The issue exists with my account on Googles end, but I have been back and forth emailing them for 3 weeks now, and it is like talking to a brick wall.

In short, what the frack can I do about this?
    Please, if anyone has any real ideas or solutions to this I would be eternally greatful. I really don't want to have to make a whole new google account.
    Situation at last

Finally found a complete solution to my 403 error. I used titanium backup to destroy all market links, did not repair, and it worked immediately.
    Same issue here

I've got the exact same issue on my account also. Google Play support is being no help at all. I've had a ticket open with them for 3 weeks now with 2 emails sent that whole time. I sent them a logcat today to see if they can figure out what is going on. If you get anywhere please post here so we can get this sorted out. It's blocked some of my "must-have" apps so I'm pretty upset about this.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

I've got the exact same issue on my account also. Google Play support is being no help at all. I've had a ticket open with them for 3 weeks now with 2 emails sent that whole time. I sent them a logcat today to see if they can figure out what is going on. If you get anywhere please post here so we can get this sorted out. It's blocked some of my "must-have" apps so I'm pretty upset about this.

So here's what I found out today after loading a new rom and playing around. I have been adding both of my google accounts when I first setup the new phone. When I do this, I get the 403 error on certain apps. What I ended up doing is clearing all accounts off the phone. Then loaded my original gmail account only. This is the account I originally bought all these apps from. I went ahead and turned off all sync options but I don't think this matters. With only that account setup on the phone, I was able to download and install all the apps. I then loaded my new account and synced everything fine.
    This error has been driving me insane for months and there is no proper fix.
    Problem:
    I get an error 403 when downloading purchased apps off the play store.

Possible Cause:
    I was using account A with my phone for years. I decided to get a new account and slowl migrate my stuff over.
    I first added account B to my phone and used it for emails only, keeping account A for play store and youtube.
    Eventually, I moved all my stuff over and used account B full time. But I noticed when trying to download purchased items, I would get the error.
    It seems to me that account A "bled" over into B. So B thinks it has purchased apps when it was A.

Steps to rectify issue:

I've done the usual, clearing caches, removing/re-adding accounts. I know it's not the phone because I've had 3 different phones since this happened. When I got my HTC One, I added account B out the box and the error still happened.
    I've had to contact Google support with my issue. I have also had to jump through their hoops in regards to checking things out, but I said to them, if they want to reset account B so it shows I have bought nothing, I don't mind. At least it would work and I don't mind supporting the devs again.

Currently it has been 3 months since contacting Google and the last update was on the 1st of Jan was:

Thanks for writing back and for providing details about the issue you’re having on Google Play. We really appreciate you taking the time to report this - based on the information you sent along, it appears you’re experiencing issue #11112915 from our known issues page, which is characterized by:

- Errors during the download of paid apps from the Play Store
    - Download issues occurring with paid apps that were never purchased on Play Store or purchased using the Google Account exhibiting issues
    - Download issues occurring on a rooted device or with an account that was previously used on a rooted device

We’re currently investigating a more permanent solution, but in the meantime you can try using a new Google Account with your device.
    Yeah, I'm not going to make a new account for this issue, sorry Google.

Link to support ticket here.

Also, checking your wallet here, confirms my issue. Doggcatcher, which Play Store says I have purchased, I have not. For me, this isn't a phone issue. Clearing settings will do nothing. The issue is 100% Google, at least for me.

Nothing I can do now but wait for Google to sort it out.
    Removing the account and re-adding didn't help me; but installing from the desktop Play store helped.
    Doubt I'll be able to update from the phone, but hopefully the website will be able to do it.