[Q] Can you restore a custom ROM backup to the stock ROM slot in Safestrap?

Search This thread

gPhunk

Jan 26, 2009
St. Augustine
...Without bricking?

So I tend to have a lot of apps and data so the limited size of the Safestrap partitions run out quick. So I was wondering if I made a back up of the stock rom and put it on a custom rom slot, could I wipe the stock rom slot and restore a backup of a custom ROM so I would have more available memory? Or would that result in a brick since the safe strap app was initially installed on that stockrom?

G

GuestK00143

...Without bricking?

So I tend to have a lot of apps and data so the limited size of the Safestrap partitions run out quick. So I was wondering if I made a back up of the stock rom and put it on a custom rom slot, could I wipe the stock rom slot and restore a backup of a custom ROM so I would have more available memory? Or would that result in a brick since the safe strap app was initially installed on that stockrom?
Yes, check out az-bikers thread at the bottom of the first post. Lots of good stuff there. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543386

jjewell

Jun 14, 2012
bangor pa
With my droid razr I test drove a bunch of different roms on the other safestrap slots and when I found one that was stable and I really liked, I nuked and repaved everything on the stock slot with a backup file and it worked like a charm. I plan on doing the same thing to my note when cm11 is available and stable.

Xanza89

Oct 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
You most definitely can, I have done this countless times. You can also just flash directly to the stock slot as well and restore apps through TiBu, just another way to do it.