[Q] Are my phone is still under warranty?

Search This thread

xxjack3dxx

Sep 13, 2012
Hi everybody. I recently buy my note 3 from someone who sell it on internet. That person tell me that the phone is new and that he got only one day use. I have the box, all the accessory and I also got the bill.

When I go into download mode, I can see that the Knox Warranty Void is 0x1. Does it means that my phone have been rooted (because I don't see no trace of root) and also I want to know if my phone is still under warranty?

Thank you

PS: Sorry if my english is not perfect. I'm from Quebec and i'm working hard to be billingual

swagatsourav

Feb 16, 2011
Hi everybody. I recently buy my note 3 from someone who sell it on internet. That person tell me that the phone is new and that he got only one day use. I have the box, all the accessory and I also got the bill.

When I go into download mode, I can see that the Knox Warranty Void is 0x1. Does it means that my phone have been rooted (because I don't see no trace of root) and also I want to know if my phone is still under warranty?

Thank you

PS: Sorry if my english is not perfect. I'm from Quebec and i'm working hard to be billingual

KNOX is 0x1 ideally means your warranty is now void. The phone might have been rooted before, and before selling it to you, he had re flashed the stock rom.

Another way of getting the KNOX 0x1 is by flashing a custom recovery like CWM or PHILZ recovery.

hhai2pth

Feb 20, 2014
HCMC

Thank you

u void warranty cause knox is 0x1

xsamedgex24x

Mar 11, 2012
canada
C'est pas cool que le gars qui t'a vendu le note 3 n'ai pas mentionné qu'il avait été rooté...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

xxjack3dxx

Sep 13, 2012
There is a way to return to 0x0? And there is another thing that can cause the 0x1

Il y a t'il une façon de revenir à 0? Et ya t'il autre chose qui peut causer ça?

Last edited:

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
There is a way to return to 0x0? And there is another thing that can cause the 0x1

Il y a t'il une façon de revenir à 0? Et ya t'il autre chose qui peut causer ça?

No not yet. Only attempt of rooting, flashing unauthorized files in Odin, flashing custom recovery or custom kernel will trip KNOX 0x1.

Sent from my fingers to your face using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3!