Finally!! A True Keyboard Case for the 10.1 is Almost Here!

Search This thread

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
Logitech has posted a pre-order for a 10.1 quality keyboard case right HERE

ordering mine now!

waq8gy.jpg

pallosgabor

Jun 21, 2010
Likewise. Trying to contact Logitech support to find out info about the 8.4" version.

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lowboydrvr

Feb 18, 2014
I purchased the ProCase Premium

Likewise. Trying to contact Logitech support to find out info about the 8.4" version.

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I purchased the "ProCase Premium Folio Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Tablet 2014 (SM-T520) and Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (SM-P600)". It comes with the keyboard and a cheap stylus for only $30 (it's now $35). This case is very similar to the one I have for my Surface Pro. The keyboard is magnetic and connects very easily. On the downside, it took 2 weeks for delivery.

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
I purchased the "ProCase Premium Folio Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Tablet 2014 (SM-T520) and Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet (SM-P600)". It comes with the keyboard and a cheap stylus for only $30 (it's now $35). This case is very similar to the one I have for my Surface Pro. The keyboard is magnetic and connects very easily. On the downside, it took 2 weeks for delivery.

is it custom made for the Pro? does it snap into place or does it slide into a leathery sleeve type of thing? my issue with all the others is that i want a snap on fit for the corners and not a slide in type of layout.

for example these type of cases will not work for me:

2h4ezat.png

but instead i am looking for this:

2r553j8.png

lowboydrvr

Feb 18, 2014
Accessories

Yes, according to the company it is specific to the Pro 10.1 and Note 10.1 2014 Editions. But if you are looking for a snap in version, then this will not work for you, it is a slide in. Even though it is a slide in, the outside edge doesn't exceed the bezel except for a very little bit right about the home button (2mm).

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
i guess i could have described what i meant a little better but this is what i am referring to:

2qu4qpy.png

lowboydrvr

Feb 18, 2014
Keyboard case

The case I purchased is the sleeve type, not a snap in. The keyboard slides into a sleeve/frame and is held in place by the sleeve (similar to the 1st image in your screenshots, not the 2nd image). Hope that helps.

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
BAD NEWS!

although the Tab 4 10.1 and Pro 10.1 appear to have exact same specs everywhere i looked online this case does not fit and will be going back.

really a shame to because it is so nice and professionally built and i have found nothing else like it anywhere.

Reactions: wingzero124

wingzero124

Nov 1, 2006
BAD NEWS!

although the Tab 4 10.1 and Pro 10.1 appear to have exact same specs everywhere i looked online this case does not fit and will be going back.

really a shame to because it is so nice and professionally built and i have found nothing else like it anywhere.

A real pity. That looked like a great keyboard. It sounds like a stupid question, but how did it not fit? I like specifics. :p

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
A real pity. That looked like a great keyboard. It sounds like a stupid question, but how did it not fit? I like specifics. :p

it appears the Pro is a tad shorter and therefore it didnt reach the top latches to hold it in place. even at $100 i would have dealt with some slight modifications for the quality build if i thought it would have worked but no dice.

TheLastNameR

May 20, 2015
Another disappointing Thread

it appears the Pro is a tad shorter and therefore it didnt reach the top latches to hold it in place. even at $100 i would have dealt with some slight modifications for the quality build if i thought it would have worked but no dice.

I got my hopes up until I kept reading through the thread. Looks like this thread ends the same as my personal search. Samsung has abandoned all Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 customers!

nxp3

Apr 26, 2011
I'm not sure when this was posted since there's no date. But are you sure this will work with tab pro 10.1. I got a similar case from best buy and it didn't work for the tabpro 10.1 even though it was the same size as the tab 10.1. It was so close to working too...just would not go into the case but the kb works fine. I even thought about filing it but decided not to and return it. So is this a tab pro 10.1 or not?

edit: oh I read the rest...yeah this one was close but didn't work. I purchase this same one and returned to bb.

Hi Guys, perhaps it is a bit late, but I bought an Insignia Universal Folio with Keyboard and it works out very well. The keyboard is responsive, the tablet is held by rigid corners, battery stands long time. On the negative side it is a bit heavy and the camera in the back is useless :crying: All this for 79$

green-gf

Nov 29, 2013
Totnes
tab4 and tab pro definitely different sizes

Hi - very useful information that the tab4 Logitech case doesn't fit (and tab3 is also similar, closer in fact, with a Logitech case also available for it). Note that gsmarena clearly defines slightly different sizes in one dimension in particular, but not by much:

tab4: 243.4 x 176.4 x 8 mm (9.58 x 6.94 x 0.31 in)
tabpro: 243.1 x 171.4 x 7.3 mm (9.57 x 6.75 x 0.29 in)
tab3: 243.1 x 176.1 x 8 mm (9.57 x 6.93 x 0.31 in)

I can't help wondering if there's a way to bridge the gap, but 0.5 cm width difference wouldn't be easy I guess - doesn't sound like anyone tried?

Geoff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you order that for a Tab Pro or Tab 4?

Tab Pro but fortunately they are the same size and layout which should eventually open up more quality accessories for us.
    BAD NEWS!