[ROM] [OFFICIAL][4.4.x] [NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 11 for the Optimus 4X HD (p880)

Search This thread

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
Next photos might be disturbing. Is advisable to remove anyone under 18 from your PC screen laptop tablet or phone.
953f5aa7e7b7e0d084f7f48040ccb7fb.jpg
558c1407cb485c69d8c28307250169f6.jpg
0ad7cf876801266e2caeb4a2aa6d3c7a.jpg

SnowRaptor

Sep 18, 2012
UPDATE: I'm now with 20140820 and did a fresh install, with data wipe and /system format. [...] Did not test GPS yet, will report soon.

Still on 20/08 Nightly, first GPS fix in 150s, with 29-day old AGPS data (not bad for a moving bus, I guess). After AGPS update, I can get a fix on 6-9 GPS + 2 Glonass sats, 13 sats in view.

For some reason I can't upload the screenshot through the XDA app :(

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

ezantera

Jan 23, 2011
23. nightly, little wifi instability right after install. After one restart everything good and stable no problems whatsoever.

edit: network problems :( 2g, wifi..

Last edited:

Bubino75

Jan 3, 2011
Savona
I'm on 20140824 and:
- persist the random bug of clock centered in the status bar
- problem with gps to fix satellities
I came from 20140812 and wipe cache and dalvick cache
Obviously stock kernel
Regards

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
I'm on 20140824 and:
- persist the random bug of clock centered in the status bar
- problem with gps to fix satellities
I came from 20140812 and wipe cache and dalvick cache
Obviously stock kernel
Regards

- I have set clock centered to test as you can see in pictures above and i have yet to experience the bug you are reporting.
- I was going to mess with gps configuration but i saw many positive reports and some negative too and i am now really troubled of what can be done.
What was better in the end, the old configuration or the new one?

Reactions: Bubino75

Bubino75

Jan 3, 2011
Savona
- I have set clock centered to test as you can see in pictures above and i have yet to experience the bug you are reporting.
- I was going to mess with gps configuration but i saw many positive reports and some negative too and i am now really troubled of what can be done.

Yes, I had see you screenshot ... it's I totaly random :( ... but nothing serious
For gps... for me it's better the old one, but i do more test (enable agps)!
Stay tuned :p :)
Regards

sprite048

Aug 6, 2013
I can't get (actually I could only get once or twice ever since I had my phone) a gps fix. It can see 5-6 sat.s but it cannot connect to them (after waiting for 5 minutes I gave up) . (when I'm inside it cant see any at all). I'm on stock cm11 and set precision to high accuracy . I'm currently in Hungary.

EB20XY

Jan 22, 2012
I can't get (actually I could only get once or twice ever since I had my phone) a gps fix. It can see 5-6 sat.s but it cannot connect to them (after waiting for 5 minutes I gave up) . (when I'm inside it cant see any at all). I'm on stock cm11 and set precision to high accuracy . I'm currently in Hungary.

What nightly are you using ?

I had also very long time for 1st fix and even needed new agps requests.
But later it came fast and extreme nice with 11 or so sats.
My config below.

On nightly of end of july (31.?) it was one time much faster from 1st moment, but not precise in reality.
So , perhaps for the moment it is ok.

tool_king

Mar 2, 2013

Where do you wanna navigate to inside your flat? ;)

mario.gacv

Apr 21, 2012
- the clock loss center positions on ver y particular moments, not a problem for me.
- the new gps conf is way better than before (I would always had to change it with the one on nexus4 forum before you made the change)

ALuedtke

May 26, 2005
Still on 20/08 Nightly, first GPS fix in 150s, with 29-day old AGPS data (not bad for a moving bus, I guess). After AGPS update, I can get a fix on 6-9 GPS + 2 Glonass sats, 13 sats in view.
I'm also on nightly from 08/20: after 10 minutes with max. 3 sats I gave up for today (I used GPSchecker).

How can I force a AGPS update?

Best regards

SnowRaptor

Sep 18, 2012
I'm also on nightly from 08/20: after 10 minutes with max. 3 sats I gave up for today (I used GPSchecker).

How can I force a AGPS update?

Best regards

I used "GPS status and toolbox".

Make sure you have clear view of the sky. I was in an interstate road, but inside a bus. Buildings and trees are more of a problem for signal.

aria12

Jun 12, 2012
Revet to default theme because after update to today's nightly you will get system ui force closed. Apart of this every thing is working.

Attachments

• 1408990062773.jpg
    1408990062773.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 264

Bubino75

Jan 3, 2011
Savona
Same situation with 24/08
No fix after 40minutes
More than 12 satellites, 3 green, but no fix
App: GPS checker

Tomorrow more test

Last edited:
Reactions: Industrial

sprite048

Aug 6, 2013
What nightly are you using ?

I had also very long time for 1st fix and even needed new agps requests.
But later it came fast and extreme nice with 11 or so sats.
My config below.

On nightly of end of july (31.?) it was one time much faster from 1st moment, but not precise in reality.
So , perhaps for the moment it is ok.

I'm on the 23rd nightly (aug) . I wonder if having a variant 3 tegra has something to do with issue tho.

skrajnik

Aug 4, 2013
I`m on 24/08 build.
GPS is working great for me, got a fix in 78sec, with 11 visible satellites..GPS checker.
Then I tried my trekking GPS app and i got fix under a minute..
Nice - and finally!

Now I will test the battery life and see if there are any improvements - would like to see Demetris batt life on my phone :)

sprite048

Aug 6, 2013
Oh and I'd like to also confirm that the phone crashes (for me it does a soft reboot) when using some themes that use the new theme engine (in most cases opening the dialer induces the crash)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod Team Proudly presents to you:

CyanogenMod-11-for-Nexus-5.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger to us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.
    It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts.
    CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
    You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds?
    Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github.
    This version change each night and aren't officialy supported.
    If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Unlock bootloader
    Boot to fastboot mode > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=p880

Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Changelog

A rough changelog is available here:
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/p880/ or http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/p880/next

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!
    And the good news lge has granted my request! 20C source code is up!!!
    Status update:
    I didn’t work on cm11 for some days now but i did on cm12 that is almost done ;)
    We still need a framework native hack for our gpu(old blob) issue.
    I don’t see a valid reason to hold you back from an unofficial cm12/Liquidsmooth rom
    So am going to push the needed changes for others to use until we can have the official cm12 rolling again(*if*) ;)
    Enjoy and all i ask is be fair and give proper credits,Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!
    Done
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/473a6c9ae71102db557370943eea50e2c63a8af0
    ok today i Hack 'n' Slash my way through the kernel and it seems i was able to get us back a beautiful battery life ;)
    I"ll push the changes soon :)
    Cm11@all-fixed
    See you on cm12