[Update] 31/05/2010 WM6.5x Iolite_basic roms Greek/WWE

Search This thread

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
In this thread I will post updated roms for Iolite when are available.
The main configuration will be the same. I will update only SYS and XIP with new builds.
Roms are WWE(I can upload greek version too if some want to)
For greek roms ->
Επειδή πολλές συντομεύσεις δεν αντιγράφονται στο σωστό μέρος, θα πρέπει χειροκίνητα να μεταφέρθουν αυτές από το φάκελο Windows\start menu\προγράμματα\programs & Windows\start menu\προγράμματα\programs1 στο φάκελο Windows\start menu\προγράμματα. Επίσης οι συντομεύσεις στο φάκελο Windows\startup θα πρέπει να μεταφερθούν στο φάκελο Windows\Εκκίνηση και να γίνει ένα soft reset.

Included:

all Iolite's EXT packages, exept htc camera, EzInput and phone canvas which are from mega packages.

Excluded:
Manila
Enlarge start menu
Htc Gesture
Google Maps
TomTom navigator
Opera browser
Large tittlebar
Outlook enhancement
RSS Hub
TouchFlo
Other Applications
Slide2Shutdown
RichasHideSIM
GLight
Boot package 1.3
Showcase Suite

Iolite's Operatorpackages replaced with MEGA's

(Patched hardSPL required to flash any custom rom. You can find it here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=552481)

ATTENTION:I don't test these builds, cause I don't use any more this device for everyday use(i moved to an android device).
I just flash the roms to see if are ok, which sould, cause the configuration is the same and only the sys-xip part is new.

(new)23569 build: (WWE)

http://depositfiles.com/files/8ou7alejt

(new)23563 build:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5TMS6XKG (greek)

23541 build:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FWIEQ0WE (WWE)

23518 build:

==Updated greek version with some fixes==
1. Fixed shortcuts which are in correct place now
2. Showcase suite replaced by XTask
3. Removed phone canvas(you can download newer version 4 if you want it back, search the forum)
4. ezInput fixed for greek(maybe need 1-2 restarts)
5. Htc album replaced with version 3_0_19182223_0
6. Orientation option in shows in screen applet.
7. New startup animation and welcome screen
8. fixed green button's press/hold action

http://rapidshare.com/files/343448236/Greek_23518_bulid_Update.rar

==Updated WWE version with same changes==

*except language part fixes*

Updated_23518_wwe

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

Shachimaru

Oct 9, 2009
has anyone tried? how much is memory usage?

I'm downloading 081 now. please wait for further info (BELOW)

SO:
a) Installation takes exactly 5 minutes (from the moment the rom is inserted into the device till first reboot)
b)Storage memory is 323.50 free
c)Ram memory is 137.41 free (after second reboot)

It's fast.

P.S. The startup screen has a whole new beautiful animation.

Well done once more dancer_69. Your rom is a jewel.

Last edited:

serfer222

Sep 15, 2008
Moscow
I checked your 23081 to see what's new in the world of WM65 =)
It looks like - nothing new...
Look at my screenshots -
1. PhoneCanvas has scrollbar on the right side - what is it for?
2. Total Commander - look at the bottom line - icons are overlapped, toolbar is unusable as in previous builds...

Hope this will help you in making your ROM better.
Thank you for your work.
=)

Attachments

• wm65-1.png
    wm65-1.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 300
  • wm65-2.jpg
    wm65-2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 224

serfer222

Sep 15, 2008
Moscow
3. Long Press Call (green) key gives me error - some program is mapped to it but not installed.
4. CommManager -> Menu Settings -> Phone does nothing. I didn't find Phone Settings at all.

serfer222

Sep 15, 2008
Moscow
5. I cannot open jpeg files (from the first screen) - "There is no application associated..." is displayed...
6. Right top corner on the first screen - iolite task manager icon overlaps clocks...

Last edited:

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
5. I cannot open jpeg files (from the first screen) - "There is no application associated..." is displayed...
6. Right top corner on the first screen - iolite task manager icon overlaps clocks...

1. This is phone canvas issue and exists in all wm6.5.1 versions with new style buttons.Hexediting of phcanrc.dll fix this, but I've lost my edited file.
2. Same reason and for this issue. But showcase task manager can fix it I think(I know that can fix resco explorer's same issue)
3.Long press for green button can assigned to any application from settings -> personal->buttons it is tap & hold button.
4. Com manager phone works fine for me and I didn't change anything. It's Iolite's original commanager.
5. I didn't mention this issue until now, but it's very easy to fix. Just associate with image viewer.
6. Iolite task manager, again is disigned for previous wm versions(6.1, 6.5 old style). And it's not usuable in these versions. I plan to exclude it in future versions.

The most of the above issues are because of incompability with wm6.5.1 and are common problems.

The most serius problem in these new builds is that the device doesn't wakeup after sleep mode, crashes and needs soft reset. Did you have this problem?

serfer222

Sep 15, 2008
Moscow
yes, after I pressed power key I couldn't wake up my device.

Some one ask me if I can build a ROM based on WM 6.5.1 and
I loaded this ROM as I just wanted to see how latest WM6.5.1 build looks like...
IMHO it's too many problems now.
I reverted to wm6.1.

bikiapo

Apr 19, 2007
when you say greek version you mean greek language?that would be great!can you upload it?

howerya

Aug 24, 2008
guys, please get this stable if possible - would love one of these later ROMs on my phone. I have 6.5.1 on my Polaris and Prophet working quite well but the Iolite is my main phone at the moment and I'm not very impressed with the performance of the 6.5 ROMs for it.

cheers!

Shachimaru

Oct 9, 2009
guys, please get this stable if possible - would love one of these later ROMs on my phone. I have 6.5.1 on my Polaris and Prophet working quite well but the Iolite is my main phone at the moment and I'm not very impressed with the performance of the 6.5 ROMs for it.

cheers!

Hey howerya! How are ya?
maybe you are referring to 23081 or 23075. if you read the posts, it is mentioned that there is a bug in both (device doesn't come back from sleep)that springs from the builds themselves and appears to be worthless for the developers to lose time trying to fix them as new builds are frequently born. you should try 23502 or 23504 which happen to be (as i have tried them myself) the most stable 6.5.1 builds existing in this forum (and for iolite, perhaps in the whole net...).
hope that helps!

howerya

Aug 24, 2008
Hey howerya! How are ya?
maybe you are referring to 23081 or 23075. if you read the posts, it is mentioned that there is a bug in both (device doesn't come back from sleep)that springs from the builds themselves and appears to be worthless for the developers to lose time trying to fix them as new builds are frequently born. you should try 23502 or 23504 which happen to be (as i have tried them myself) the most stable 6.5.1 builds existing in this forum (and for iolite, perhaps in the whole net...).
hope that helps!

I tried 23502 and it looks a lot better than some of the earlier builds. I do miss manilla though ;)
I don't really know much about the development side of things but are these newer builds more complicated than the 6.5 builds? There doesn't seem to be much interest (from the Iolite devs) in 6.5.1 which I find it hard to understand since 6.5.1 is so much nicer to use. I think the only builds so far have come from dancer (I appreciate the work btw.)

Cheers!

Shachimaru

Oct 9, 2009
I tried 23502 and it looks a lot better than some of the earlier builds. I do miss manilla though ;)
I don't really know much about the development side of things but are these newer builds more complicated than the 6.5 builds? There doesn't seem to be much interest (from the Iolite devs) in 6.5.1 which I find it hard to understand since 6.5.1 is so much nicer to use. I think the only builds so far have come from dancer (I appreciate the work btw.)

Cheers!

I myself do not know much about developing too but I have tried 6.5.1 (dancer_69’s of course) and apparently there isn't much difference between 6.5 and 6.5.1 builds apart from some visual ones. I think this is why devs don’t bother to look at them (some devs use details from 6.5.1 but yes, dancer_69 is the only one cooking for Iolite complete roms and he’s cooking them really well). 6.5.1 also showed some bugs (as you read in my previous post) in their early appearance. You do the math! Come to think of it though, windows mobile is on the whole becoming a little oldy in terms of drastic changes in its UI. They definitely have become more finger-friendly (this is the main difference in 6.5.1) but that’s it. That said we should wait for the new windows mobile 7 if we want to see something really new!

howerya

Aug 24, 2008
I myself do not know much about developing too but I have tried 6.5.1 (dancer_69’s of course) and apparently there isn't much difference between 6.5 and 6.5.1 builds apart from some visual ones. I think this is why devs don’t bother to look at them (some devs use details from 6.5.1 but yes, dancer_69 is the only one cooking for Iolite complete roms and he’s cooking them really well). 6.5.1 also showed some bugs (as you read in my previous post) in their early appearance. You do the math! Come to think of it though, windows mobile is on the whole becoming a little oldy in terms of drastic changes in its UI. They definitely have become more finger-friendly (this is the main difference in 6.5.1) but that’s it. That said we should wait for the new windows mobile 7 if we want to see something really new!

The UI changes in the newer builds (i.e. the Start, OK etc. buttons at the bottom and the larger, more thumb-friendly, menus) are a huge bonus (my personal opinion). I have also, however, noticed quite an improvement in performance with some of the builds.
I'm not sure I agree with your comment on the devs with respect to their lack of interest in the newer builds - I have only noticed this lack of interest with the Iolite devs (dancer being the exception, of course). There seems to be a lot more interest in the other forums resulting in many excellent ROMs. Maybe the sheer lack of devs for the Iolite would explain this.
I too am really looking forward to WM7 but as is often the case I want it yesterday :D
I've been using nothing other than HTC WM devices since the XDA2 over 6 years ago and have been longing for the day when I no longer need the stylus. Big up to dancer for his efforts in getting us closer to WM7 a little sooner!!

Shachimaru

Oct 9, 2009
The UI changes in the newer builds (i.e. the Start, OK etc. buttons at the bottom and the larger, more thumb-friendly, menus) are a huge bonus (my personal opinion). I have also, however, noticed quite an improvement in performance with some of the builds.
I'm not sure I agree with your comment on the devs with respect to their lack of interest in the newer builds - I have only noticed this lack of interest with the Iolite devs (dancer being the exception, of course). There seems to be a lot more interest in the other forums resulting in many excellent ROMs. Maybe the sheer lack of devs for the Iolite would explain this.
I too am really looking forward to WM7 but as is often the case I want it yesterday :D
I've been using nothing other than HTC WM devices since the XDA2 over 6 years ago and have been longing for the day when I no longer need the stylus. Big up to dancer for his efforts in getting us closer to WM7 a little sooner!!

You’re right, I should have cleared it out. I was also referring to Iolite developers. And it’s pretty shame ‘cause iolite is a really nice device with nice potentials, far from inferior to other firms’.
So, I guess we’ ll have to go on with these pretty roms for the time being and not before long we’ ll be seeing WM7 rising!!! Don’t worry: yesterday is near!
And dancer_69, if you’re reading this, I’m sure you’ll find a more challenging arena for your talent!

So long!