FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Micro USB Cable: They all break. Any help?

269 posts
Thanks Meter: 50

By Colton127, Senior Member on 7th May 2012, 11:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2012, 05:49 AM |#11  
Flag HCMC
Thanks Meter: 104

More
buy Sony Ericsson EC600L or EC600R
It build like a tank, softtouch coated cable, rubberized connector base.
The down side:this big cable is not flexible, can not fold it, can not fit it into small pocket at all.

2nd July 2012, 06:55 AM |#12  
Where can one obtain cables which are just as good as originals, for only a few bucks? I'm looking at ebay atm. I've bought a few which have been OK, but not as good as the original ones. I've ordered a few different ones anyway, will see which give the best results.
8th July 2012, 07:48 PM |#13  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq

I just buy cables from Monoprice. They seem to be just as good as name-brand cables, but they're really cheap... like a fifth the cost of generic cables from a big box store,, and a small fraction of the ripoff premium cables.

When I order, I just stock up because shipping is about the same if you're buying one cable or dozens.

This. I'll order 10 - 20 at a time and carry them around with me. If someone else needs one, I'll sell it to them for a buck or two. If not, I just always have one just in case.
11th July 2012, 04:07 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton127

Note: By Micro USB Cable, I mean the cable that connects to your phone/tablet and to the wall/computer in order to charge and/or sync. In a thousand words, this:

I've owned multiple cables just like this. They all break. The one that came with my Samsung Galaxy S II, the one that came with my mother's HTC Evo 4G, the one that came with my sisters Samsung dumbphone, and every one I've bought at Wal-Mart or Dollar general. Every. Freaking. One. Breaks within two months.

It's not the device; it's the cord. I checked. I tested.

Does anybody else have this issue? Does anybody know where I can buy a HIGH-QUALITY WILL-NOT-BREAK Micro USB cable?

It's downright stupid to me how big companies like Samsung or HTC packs charging cables that break so easily. My mom has gotten multiple replacements from Sprint from hers breaking.

Also, 70% of the time, they don't completely break. They just work in a certain direction, and touching your device or the cable will disconnect it. Sometimes they will disconnect and reconnect hundreds of times a minute, completely crashing your device or making loud, annoying sounds letting you know your device is charging or not.

Please, I need some help. I googled this. Nothing very useful. This is getting on my nerves.

Thanks for the help!

I've never broken a micro usb cable in my life. I have the official samsung usb cable, a ebay $1.77 micro usb, and the blackberry microusb cable and never broke. My blackberry one I've had it for 2 years now and its been through hell and still running strong hell I've even bent the port and it still works perfectly fine. I don't know what your doing but I recommend just buying a shitload of ebay microusb cables if you keep breaking them .

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/160829665184?...ht_3885wt_1344 just message them and tell them you want to buy like 10+ and they'll probably sell you them at $1.25 each or so. THats the best cable under $5 i've ever boughten
17th July 2012, 06:47 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am actually in the process of developing a high quality USB cable for both iphones and android phones. If you are interested you can email me at [email protected]
18th July 2012, 04:35 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Never had a broken usb cable.
However, it's not cheap but maybe the bobine would suit you better
http://www.fusechicken.com/
I figure it's sturdy. So whatever it is you are doing to the cables maybe this one can withstand it
As a side effect it acts as a stand too
The Following User Says Thank You to rebista For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rebista Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 03:02 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Never coil too tightly, twist, pull or fold any cables as it might tear the wires inside. Try treating your cables better? :X
22nd July 2012, 03:40 AM |#18  

More
I've always wondered about the varied reports of high failure rates in various cables/dongles/usb cords.

At the time I bought my Nook Color, those cables were being panned for being incredibly flimsy. I got an original "green dot" partition one too, yet my cable is still lasting just fine with no problems. Others have said the same. Like all my cables, when not in use it's loosely coiled and secured in the coil with a velcro strap. When in use I never pull or push by the wires.

Now headphones, I go through those like water. Because of my lifestyle, they're often getting yanked on one end or the other, no matter how hard I try to avoid that. The thin wires eventually detach from the contact point of the jack or the speaker.

I wonder if it's really, as some have suggested, how the cables are being treated?
22nd July 2012, 12:56 PM |#19  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Buy cables which has atleast minimum warranty and don't always look for cheaper price products on online shopping. as like everyone, use cable in proper way, plug and unplug gently don't shake while plug-in.

I had a micro usb cable for multi purpose, works as data transfer cable to PC and also as charger cable. very soon, micro usb point gone. now i bought original item from showroom.
25th July 2012, 01:21 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananmetro

Buy cables which has atleast minimum warranty and don't always look for cheaper price products on online shopping. as like everyone, use cable in proper way, plug and unplug gently don't shake while plug-in.

I had a micro usb cable for multi purpose, works as data transfer cable to PC and also as charger cable. very soon, micro usb point gone. now i bought original item from showroom.

For the cost of one "original item from showroom," you could buy about twenty microUSB cables from Monoprice, which are guaranteed for life. However, I doubt that I would waste the postage to return one of their inexpensive cables.
30th July 2012, 11:37 AM |#21  

More
I have the same problem...after a year these cables are all starting to give problems! It is not a problem of the cable but in my opinion is the micro-usb connector because the same appens wit car charging cables...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)