Kernel: tytung r2 oldcam (supports CIFS UTF-8, WiFi MAC address, Yaffs, Ext2/3/4) based on hastarin r8.6 oldcam.
Credits: Cotulla, TYTung, Hastarin, Markinus, Letama, Rajko, Gauner1986, RaiderX303, Dsixda, etc.
You should have at least MAGLDR 1.11 on device.
For installation you need to enter MAGLDR (hold "Power" button during boot)
and select "Flasher" via "VolUp" and "VolDown". Confirm key is green "Call" button.
You should flash stock official Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM.
This is based on stock Nexus One ROM except
blocking ads (hosts is replaced),
adding utility and root permission (busybox, su and Superuser.apk are added),
adding HSDPA and battery % icons (framework-res.apk is replaced),
adding 720p video playback (libOmxVdec.so is replaced), and
other necessary modification to make it working on HD2.
- Everything should be working. (No new customized feature, e.g. FM Radio, will be added since this is ported from the official Nexus One ROM.)
- CWM (ClockworkMod) Recovery for HD2 is integrated. (The NAND partition layout is ready for CWM when installing this ROM via DAF.exe.)
It's time to learn the native Android update.zip installation and Nandroid backup and restore in order to update your system easily and safely.
Mod edit: Links removed
- Disable Audible touch tones in Sound settings to avoid the Robot Voice and/or frozen Phone app when dialing. (Sep. 12 updated: You can also flash tytung_r12_oldcam kernel to fix Robot Voice issue.)
- Disable GPS in settings when Not using it to avoid the 60mA battery drain. (If you still have problem, try this workaround from PoisonWolf.)
Disable Bluetooth in settings when Not using it to avoid the 60mA battery drain.(Sep. 12 updated: Flash tytung_r12_oldcam kernel to fix this Bluetooth 60mA battery drain issue.)
- Install Wired Tether 1.4.apk to use the USB Tethering function. (Sep. 12 updated: Flash tytung_r12_oldcam kernel to use build-in "USB tethering" feature directly.)
- Install Wireless Tether 2.0.7.apk to use the WiFi Tethering/Hotspot. (Sep. 12 updated: Flash tytung_r12_oldcam kernel to use build-in "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" feature directly.)
- Upgrade from V1.8 SD to V1.9a(b) NAND.
- Upgrade from V1.9a(b) to V1.9G.
- Install LED me know to support the LED notifications well. (Thanks to Chad1369)
Please consider making a donation to Cotulla for his great MAGLDR.
And if you appreciate my work and want to buy me a drink, please consider making a donation too.
This section is reserved for everyone.
If you can provide any new features via a flashable update_signed.zip file for ClockworkMod Recovery, I will place your name here.
The description is a must when you provide a file.
- Jan. 11 added: dtapps2sd-188.8.131.52-signed.zip (App2SD+) (credit to tkirton and tytung)
- Jan. 16 added: update-initrdgz.zip (Data on SD) (credit to manusfreedom)
- Jan. 31 added: Arabic Support, related zip file for CWM and Activating RTL (credit to Ayman Alsand and tested by hdnebat)
- Feb. 01 added: "Stockize" your NexusHD2-Froyo V1.9G (credit to tytung)
Screenshots for V1.9a: